300+ Getting Fit After 40 #315

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Its so nice to sleep thru the night with no heartburn. I know its from eating right for 2 whole days. TOday will be day 3 bring it on!!
    I have walked a half mile each day this week and plan to do it again today if its not raining. If it is then its time to drag out the dvds and get moving in the house. Diet and exercise has to be hand in hand for me to lose weight.
  • Deb, I have to get out the dvds too. I've been off and on plan this week. Tomorrow's weigh in. It's not going to be pretty.
  • POP day yesterday with big challenges facing me first time this morning. Ask me about it tomorrow (please).

Let's do this!
  • Welcome, Fiona! You will find many of us share your struggles. I should ban cookies, candy and donuts too (and cake... pie... ice cream). At least for a while. I know that sweets ride the dopamine express to my brain and I don't want to stop. But when I cut them out for even a few days, the cravings go away. I don't want to ban them for life, but it is amazing how different I am without them... sigh.

I went to my new doctor yesterday. No idea my blood pressure was that high. I have some motivation to lower it, but we all know that motivation alone won't get it done. I scheduled to get some bloodwork done and I have a feeling my cholesterol will be high and she will want to address that. So everything will be easier if I just take control now.
  • WTG, Carol!!!!!!!
  • Wasnt pop yesterday. I had done ok and then went to church expecting a couple of tacos but we could make a taco salad so lots of chips.
    Today is a new day and I can start again..thankful for that.

who is cooking for thanksgiving?? I am and not sure yet how many will be here. I am also having my son and his family home sunday for a meal. We will order some chicken for it and I will just make a couple of sides.
  • Hello everybody. I am hoping this is a place I can check in and share how I am doing with activity. I need to be accountable and reading what others do inspires me.

I had surgery awhile ago and am just working back into activity. This week I did:
    Wednesday-50 minute Richard Simmons DVD
    Today-35 minute brisk walk (2. something kilometers)
    Tomorrow-55 minute shallow water aqua fitness class

I do hope to get some walking in on Saturday although it will be at a moderate to slow pace. I will report back in.

I was here some time ago but my weight loss efforts got derailed. I hope to get to know some of you.

Good night.
  • Hello ladies,
    Any advice for me as I am just returning from a fairly big op and have a much reduced exercise tolerance and pain where the incision was on my chest wall.
    Well done with all your good work so far!
  • Welcome back Pear and Walker!

So yesterday was bad bad bad food choices. I did feel a little change in behavior though - after the early morning grazing was done I pulled the rest of the day back together. Today is planned and it will be POP.

Heading to the fitness center after meeting with my life coach!

Let's do this!
  • gggirls Thanks for the welcome.

I went to my shallow water aqua fitness class and the tough instructor was there. She is funny but tough. I love her. I told her I would come to her class next Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I am committing to going on here as well.
    My arms and legs are sore but all I have to do tonight is dinner and dishes, nothing too taxing.
  • Was up just a bit at weigh in yesterday. Gotta be careful this week as I meet the scale a day earlier than usual.

Today has been POP and will stay POP as I'll have strawberries as a snack later.

Not looking forward to cold rain then lake effect snow this weekend. Might just stay in.
  • I got side tracked yesterday and blew the day. I will try again today. I think maybe a reward for 7 days pop will help keep me on track.
    I have a nice velour outfit that was supost to go under the tree but I think I will reward myself with it now if i can stay pop.
    Im so ready to have some weight off as my body functions better with even 10-15 off. My body aches in places it shouldnt when Im heavier.

Im debating about putting my tree up this weekend. I do have a full day today and tomorrow so I will just see how long my daughter keeps me at her house staining wood for baseboards. I love the one on one time with her and staining is something i can handle. lol

welcome back walker and plucky
  • I'm happy to report I had a POP day yesterday. I was really concerned after Thursday's eating I would throw it out the window for the weekend, week, until after Thanksgiving or even until the new year. DH and I planned our weekly menu and it is POP until Thanksgiving. This year's dinner won't be over the top since it will be a small group with less choices.

Let's do this!
  • Stayed POP last night. YAY!

Hit the grocery store this morning at 8 AM and there were a lot of folks there already. Between Thanksgiving's rapid approach and a Winter storm warning out for tomorrow I guess folks decided today was the day to shop. I picked up a small pork roast to do in the crock pot this week. It just called to me. I don't think anything, other than turkey satisfies as much when it's cold out.

Carol: Glad you pulled yourself back from the "brink".

Deb: You too. Great idea gifting yourself and that means you'll have to get something else to put under the tree. I hold off decorating until after the 15th. That's when we decorated when I was a kid. It was partially because my Mom didn't like us to forget that Christmas wasn't just Santa and because decorations didn't come down until "little Christmas" on Jan. 6th.

Pluckypear: Stick with the water aerobics. I loved them but, at least right now getting out of the pool, even with steps, is a struggle for me.

Everyone enjoy your weekend and stick like glue to your weight loss plans.
  • Dgramie yeah the tree. I get a real tree, a small one, so I have to wait until December. If I was using a faux tree It would be up. I am going through decorations this week to see what I may need. I have always wanted to have a train track and trains around the base of the tree. Maybe this year.

J-Ann I can do the ladder in the deep end but there are times I cannot. The pool has a ramp which is wonderful. My knees have been very achey today.