JuLy BaBeS!!!

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Okay, I edited my previous post 1. because I did do another mile today for a total of 4 and 2. because for some reason I had Sandi instead of Jackie. So sorry Jackie for calling you Sandi. I guess I took it from jlmsandi, not thinking.

Noelle, what a beautiful place!! Those are great photos and that doggie, oh so cute!! Glad to hear you have a great time, how could you not in such a fabulous place?

Kristi, you still managed a work out with the house cleaning and swimming. Of course I would definitely rather be swimming than cleaning house.

Anyway, just wanted to edit my post and say a quick Hi ladies. have a great night everyone.
  • Whew! I had a totally OP day that ended with my 3.5 mile walk . Just had to update my mileage before I forgot.

It looks like I may be heading back to Maui in a couple of weeks. My 2 teenage nephews and BIL weren't able to join this past weekend so we may be heading back there just to show them around. I know, it's a rough life i lead here... Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow to catch up more with you ladies. Have a wonderful week.

• I really need to get back into my routine of walking. I hope I started back on that road this AM. I walked for 41 minutes and went 1.82 miles on the treadmill. It was challenging since I haven't gotten on the treadmill since May!!!! I have decided that what I really need to do it get up and get on the treadmill first thing before it starts getting to hot out.
    Wish me luck with my new routine.
  • Don't worry about it! I'm called a lot of things, and Sandi ain't so bad. Actually, sandi is part if my maiden name, sandifer.

The canoe trip was very fun. The first four miles were like floating the lazy river but after that it got kind of rough at spots. The wind was really strong at some points which made it even more difficult to deal with the currents. My upper arms and back got one heck of a workout that day. I'd do it again for sure though.

Mele ~ your pictures were amazing. I can't imagine living in a paradise like that. Being in corn country, I can't fathom it.

I got a book on tape to help motivate me to walk more. So far so good. I almost don't want to quit walking so that I can listen more. I actually got myself up this morning at 6:00 so that I could go walk and listen. That is just SICK!

Biking Goal: 100 miles
    Yesterday: 3
    Miles to go: 93 miles

Walking Goal: 30
    Walked Today: 3
    Miles to go: 21
  • Noelle, WTG staying OP! Back to Maui, you're so making me jealous.

Janine, Great job taking those first steps, they're the hardest you know. I'm sending lots of good luck your way.

Jackie, What's sick about that? That's a great idea! I've never thought to listen to books on tape just music and I get so bumed if the music isn't just right. Thanks for a great idea!

My day has sucked. Op great, managed 1 and 2 mile WATP tapes, but shopped all over the place for a bat for my ds bday and they are allready considered out of season. They are laying the fall line up of hunting stuff out in baseballs place. My gosh they even had back to school stuff out. For goodness sake don't the people in our area realize the Gov. passed a law that school can not start until after Labor Day. Ugh! I'll find one though, because I am the MOM.

GM 40 / MW 19 / MTG 21
    BGM 24 / MB 16 / BMTG 8

Kristi
  • Hey ladies, I got my regular walk in this afternoon...I'm feeling pumped about this weight loss thing again, I need to ride this wave for as long as I can. Second day OP and feeling positive . My sister's been changing the dates for the next weekend in Maui so I don't know if I'll be able to go back after all . Oh well, we'll see how things pan out tomorrow. I have to think about my son's new school tuition which went up quite a bit, plus I have to pay on the 15th of the month for the following month...have to rethink the budgeting issue.

Jackie, you're so funny. There's nothing sick about waking up early, but I know where you're coming from. So what's this book on tape that's got you so enthralled? I need a new book to read...you all may laugh at me, but I just finished reading the new Harry Potter book--I enjoyed it too, not as much as the previous ones, but it was a good way to pass the time--and yes, I am 31 years old .

Janine, here's some good luck and good vibes : on getting your walking routine started up again. You can do it!

Kristi, I'm sending positive thoughts your way on finding that bat. I know what you mean about the changes in the stores as far as merchandise. I was just in Sam's Club this afternoon and I'll be darned if they didn't already have some Christmas stuff for sale ! Hello? It IS still summer isn't it?

OK, my stomach's feeling kinda weird and I don't know if it's something I ate...I'll stop here but not before I wish the rest of you ladies a great night. See ya around tomorrow.
  • OK, I guess it's not really sick. I just can't believe that I am so excited to get out and exercise. The book is called "Coming Home" by Rosamunde Pilcher. She's an English author and I rather enjoy that. I like Maeve Binchy as well. Other than that, I prefer a Patricia Cornwell or John Grisham book. Although, I am fond of the Oprah books and more recently have been reading books from the Zany chicks list that is on *****ypoo.com. I just love her site.

I think that Harry Potter books are great. I am getting ready to reread the 4th book so that I can start the fifth. It's funny, I ordered it because I thought that my daughter would be excited because she loved the books. How could I forget that at 13 years old, she is much too cool for stuff like that? She is so irritated at me right now because I am insisting that she go to Girl Scout Day Camp to get her mini-aide training. She has absolutely nothing else to do but sleep and chat online so why not do something productive with her summer? Besides it will help her achieve her ultimate goal of becoming a resident camp counsellor in about 2 years.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Mine has already started out kind of icky. I got my walk in but only after I got up late because my alarm didn't go off (power outage last night from storms) and then my clothes weren't dry and I had to find something else to wear and I was late and I have to leave early. It will only get better, right?

Yesterday: 5
    Miles to go: 88 miles

Walked Today: 3
    Miles to go: 18
  • Noelle, RIde the wave baby, great job staying OP! Too bad about higher tuition, here in our school district we have free 4 yr. old kdg. 4 - 1/2 days a week. Two of my children had the current teacher and she was terrific, but she's very young so my hopes are not up that she'll still be here for 3 yr. old DS. My bat search was a bust, but ds party is at chuckie cheeses tomorrow in the "big city" he has total faith that mom will find one at a sporting goods store.

Jackie, I love Maeve Binchy and Patricia Cornwell both. I think John Grisham is good too, but for how popular he is I've read very few of his books. I really flip flop from one type of book to the next. The only kind I never make it through are self help. They totally bore me before the end! Right now I'm reading my first Anne Rice - she's very detailed, I'm thinking more of a winter author. I like easier reading during the summer. Sending good vibes your way so your day can get better.

As for me ds wanted pumkin pie for his bday today so he and I made 2 big ones this morning. He said he'll have cake at his party tomorrow and pumkin pie is his favorite. I did 3 miles on the trail with my pooch this morning. It's a good thing I went early, because it's raining again. We've had rain for the past 8 days, but up until Sun. it was all during sleeping hrs. now for 3 days it's been ruining a generous portion of each day. It's not even 70* f today. What a bummer, I want my summer back!Have a great day all.

GM 40 / MW 21 / MTG 19
    BGM 24 / BM 16 / BMTG 8

Kristi
  • Hiya ladies
    Noelle, WTG on staying OP! I hope you get to go to Maui again, how can you stay away?? It is so very beautiful and makes me miss sunny California so bad. I love the beach!! You mad me laugh because Hobby Lobby (a craft store) has Christmas trees and such out already. Hallmark and another card shop in the mall also have Christmas cards & ornaments out. The Hallmark close to our house is having some ornament thing this weekend, talk about early! I noticed they started doing this a couple of years ago. I just think it is way too early. But at the same time has me thinking about shopping for Christmas early to get it out of the way.

Kristi, I do hope you find a bat. Oooooo, Chuck E. Cheese sounds so good (I haven't had lunch yet!). I haven't been to one in such a long time but we love their pizza, and of course playing all the games. That's funny that your son would want pumpkin pie for his birthday. For some reason I always think of it as a food only to be served in the fall, for Thanksgiving, and I think that is the only time I ever cook them.

Jackie, I do hope your day gets better. I hate when the alarm doesn't go off. If our electricity goes off for a second my clock goes out, no one elses does but mine. I never quite got into the book on tape thing but I do know quite a few people who do listen to books on tape. I have to have music when I am walking or even in the car. But I do enjoy reading. My son enjoys Harry Potter I couldn't get into it, and he's 22 soon to be 23 the end of the month. I do like John Grisham I have several of his books, Mary Higgins Clark, John Saul, I love mysteries and of course LaVryle Spencer. Have to have my love stories also. I also read a lot of self-help and inspirational books.Patricia Cornwell is good. Too many to name.

Well, I have stayed OP for the last few days with both the walking/exercising and the eating. I was so tempted to eat fast food for lunch today, craving that salt and junk but I didn't. I went out the door and locked it and thought I really don't need it so came back in and fixed something healthy. I am so proud of myself for not going to McDonalds. I just hope the scales show it this week.

Hope EVERYONE is having a GREAT day!

P.S. Ladies just so you don't think this is someone new or you ar losing it I had my member name changed to my name, of course changed my avatar also. Why can't I leave those things alone? I will this time. I definitely like seeing my name over the evasivemarigold name.

July Goal~80 miles
    7/8/03~3 miles
    7/9/03~3 miles
    Total Miles 7/03~20
    Miles to go~60
  • Happy Hump Day
    Hey ladies. I'm still going strong (yay!) and got my 3.5 miles in today. Food was good today and I have a feeling I can carry this through the week. My sister(s) are driving me crazy with their indecisiveness about the next Maui weekend. The whole point of the trip was to bring my 3 nephews along for the experience. But they date's been rescheduled 3X already. There's a conflict of championship soccer games and a baby shower...now the date's tentatively set for 8/15, which is our Admissions Day holiday weekend. I've asked my DH if he would be able to take care of DS that weekend (why shouldn't he?) so I could jaunt off by myself and he said sure, no problem : . So it looks like I will be flying out again, it's just a matter of when.

Hey Cristi, I didn't even notice you changed your name until I read your post--that was just done today wasn't it? Now all we need is a picture of your smiling face .

Kristi give your son a big birthday hug from me and a bunch of and . Enjoy Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow, that place is always fun and I especially like the fact that you don't have to clean up afterwards. **as far as your question of how remote the location was in Maui? It was pretty remote and dark--no street lights in the area and I suppose you could go skinny dipping if you dared brave the beach in the dark...but the beach was mostly rocks and hardly any sand so I don't think it would be much fun. I'm sure there are lots of other places on the island for that activity though

Jackie I like a lot of the authors that you and the others mentioned. I have read almost all of Patricia Cornwell and John Grisham's books as well...same thing for Anne Rice, loved her vampire chronicles. I like to take Oprah's recommendations too but there was one book that I absolutely could not read, I think it was called Jewel...that was a big dud for me. I really liked Wally Lamb's books, "I Know This Much is True" and "I've Come Undone", great reads both. But I'm rambling....oh yeah, used to be a big Stephen King fan, operative words being "used to".

Well it's been a long day and I've still got a little laundry to fold. Hope all you other chicks are having a great week.

• Mele, there are a few that I had a hard time getting through too. I have read two of Wally Lamb's books but not the one you mentioned. She's Come Undone is my favorite, and I also liked The House of Sand and Fog too. I did not like Vinegar Hill. I kept waiting for something to "happen" and it never did.

OK, the newest is that we're taking up tennis. DH does not like walking with me and I am not that amped on the bike riding anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'll do it but I just don't get the same thing out of it as he does. So he decided that we should play tennis. I think we spent one hour chasing the ball, but I did get one heck of a work out!

I watched my reality show and then went out for my three mile walk so that I could listen to my story some more. I am really entrenched. I am going to the used book store this weekend to see if they have any more books on tape that I can get. It does make it so much easier. However, I wonder if I put in some really good dance music if it would make me go much faster? Hmmmm......note to self to give this a whirl.

Miles to go: 88 miles

Walked Yesterday: 3
    Miles to go: 15
  • Cristi, We were able to find ds a great bat so he was a very happy little boy. As for Chuck E. Cheeses I loved it to the tune of a 1/2 lg. pie all by myself! Between that and the pumkin pie i totally blew it 2 days in a row. I hate that , 'cuz I like to blow it on Sat. and Sun. Cudos to you staying OP, your doing terrific.....Noelle, Great job jumping on the wagon. I think it's great that dh will let you go off alone - get that date set and enjoy......Jackie, Great choice on tennis, me and a neighborhood boy played nearly every warm day when I was growing up. I'm planning to buy dd equipment for her 10th bday coming up in Sept. It's a great work out and I think big fun! Great job on your exercise......As for me, well eat, eat, eat, I did for 2 days, but much better today. Every few months PMS hits me just aweful and this month it had to go and hit over a bday!!!I tried walking on a track today. It's a circular drive that rings a park 5 miles from home so I let the kids play while I walked. I loved it. It was up and down,which I don't get on the bike trail so my legs hurt in different places. That has to be godd?! The time just flew and the kids didn't feel deprived at all. It's another option anyway and the more ways to mix it up the better. Have a great weekend ladies!

Kristi

GM 40 / MW 24 / MTG 16
    BGM 24 / MB 16 / BMTG 8
  • Hi Ladies
    Noelle, did you know Oprah brought her book club back? I had gone to several places to find the new book and couldn't find it. Finally decided I would try to find it online then was in the line at the grocery store and lo and behold it was there. The first book is East of Eden by John Steinbeck and while I have read some of his other books I have yet to read this one. Of course I am still waiting because I had started two books at the time I bought that one. I thought I better give my undivided attention to this one, it is looooong! Just finished Eat & Stay Thin by Joyce Meyer and started Fit from Within by Victoria Moran.

Jackie, wtg. I love playing tennis, not very good at it but we do have fun when we do it which I must say isn't very often. I must ask which reality show is your fav? I don't watch many of them, I grew tired of them fast but was switching channels one night and caught a few minutes of Paradise Island and now I am hooked! It is crazy.

Kristi, so glad you found a bat for your son on his birthday and glad he had a fun one. I can't blame on the Chuck E. Cheese pizza, it is sooooo good!

Well, for me, I have done fairly well this week. I always feel I could have done better but I am satisfied with the results. I haven't been walking as much as I should but I suppose a little bit is better than none at all. Today was weigh in and I am down 1.5 lbs. so I am pleased. Didn't get a walk in today because I am just tired. I had too much running to do today, still trying to finish up with the laundry. So just 2 miles for me yesterday and nothing for today. Will try to make up for it this weekend for sure.

Jenifer, Kristen, Janine, Lynne and anyone else I may have missed, hope you ladies are doing fine. Have a GREAT weekend ladies.

July Goal~80 miles
    7/10/03~2 miles
    7/11/03~zero ( I have noticed too many zeros here lately)
    Total Miles 7/03~22
    Miles to go~58
  • Happy Saturday!
    Hey ladies. I didn't get to walk last night since I went to a 50th wedding anniversary party for a relative--how we're related, I'm not exactly sure . I had a great time catching up with some cousins and friends, and even got to hold my cousin's 8 mos. old son, a fraternal twin. His sister was cranky (typical girl ) the whole night and wouldn't go to anyone except immediate family. Needless to say food was great and I overindulged just a tad *burp* , but it was a beautiful occasion to celebrate. This is the second golden anniversary party I've gone to this summer and it just makes me feel good to see two people still married and in love (can you hear the violins playing?). I just remembered, it's my parent's 45th today. I need to go shopping!

Cristi are you starting East of Eden? Did you get a load of the size of that thing? hehe, I think I'm gonna try and read that one myself.

Jackie, thanks for the Wally Lamb recommendation. I'm gonna go look for that one at the library too. I get into these phases where I don't read anything at all for quite a while, but once the book bug hits it's all I want to do--reading's better than snacking all day huh?

Kristi, I hear ya on the PMS munchies and cravings. I couldn't go into Chuck E. Cheese and not eat pizza either. At least you got that walk in, good for you.

Janine, Kristen, Jenifer...and all you other July Babes, how are you all doing? Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Cristi, Did you know Oprah has changed her book club this time? If you are picked to come on her show and discuss the book, she actually is flying you to the location the book was set in to discuss it! Now that's totally cool!!! WTG on that loss again girl, you are totally cool too!....Noelle, Twins, ahhhhh! I just love babies and all the best things come in pairs - shoes, ho ho's, twinkies.....As for me, PMS is gone and I'm a happyy gal. HAd a great weekend with family. Probably because we had no plans and no obligations. We all even hubby went to the local pool yesterday, he even got me to do canon balls and stuff off the board. The kids thought that was great and then they left me to do adult swim. I stroked for 30 min. straight, almost all of it overhand. I feel so good about this. I think because it was so difficult at the beginning of the summer. Not that all the laps are "pretty", but I'm doing them. I hadn't been to church 2 weeks in a row and attending today was just what I needed. It's funny how I miss my church family and don't even realize it! I walked 4 miles on the trail today wearing my pedometer. I found it under a seat in the van. One of the children had changed the setting to a 7 ft. stride. I checked it out with the mile markers and I had actually set it quite a bit short. I was pleasantly surprised, because that meant my walk on Fri. was actually 4 miles rather than 3. It's amazing how those horemones can come and go so quickly. Feeling so icky one day and back to old self the next! Have a great MOn. tomorrow ladies!

Kristi