getting out of the 280's and 270's

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • Hope you don't mind if I jump in too. I feel like I've been stuck in the 270's forever!! I want to move on down the road already!

JzBelle, hope you're feeling better today and enjoying the spring weather.
  • Welcome, 2fat2jump! Glad you're joining in!

JzBelle, I hope the weekend is helping you recover!

Well, weigh in tomorrow. I hope to see a change. So close to going into the 260's! And, one more week on the weight loss challenge at work. I'm going to give it my all this week and hope I can win!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Welcome 2fat2jump!
    I am feeling more rested today. Big Busy week at work coming up though. Hoping to plan better for it.

Diane--so glad you are making progress but am going to HATE seeing you move to the other 260-250 thread!!! Hopefully I will join you there eventually.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome

I started at 278 on saturday and today I weighed 273

hope everyone is having a good week, im sooooo ready to be in the 260s
  • Wow, hotbodycomingsoon. A 5lb loss in a week?! That's great! I'm averaging around 1.5lbs a week lately even though I have my calorie deficit calculated for 2. Ever since I started using kettlebells the weight has been slow. But I love the strength I'm gaining so... it is what it is.

I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today to try and up my intensity. For the last 9 months I've been doing Turbo Fire, Zumba, treadmill and weights. Need a change for spring.
  • Well, not this week.... I lost 1.8, and hit 270.0. I'll take the loss, but I was hoping for 260's. I even tried it 3 times, and it was consistent at 270.0. Oh well. Hopefully next week!

2fat2jump: 1.5 pounds per week is a great average! Especially with getting the strength from the weight workout. I think that is so important! I've not used kettle bells, but I have a friend who uses them all the time in her crossfit workouts.

hotbody: Congrats on the weight loss!

JzBelle: Glad you are feeling better! It sounds like it is a good thing you are better with a busy week coming up. Not fun to feel icky when you're trying to get stuff done!

Have a good week everyone!
  • Can I jump in here too? Started my new diet yesterday Updated my ticker & everything - got a ways to go & could really use the support.
  • Welcome, dakotamidnight! I'm new here too. Let's help each other out!

Lost another 1.2lbs. Just 4.4 more to go until I hit 100. squeee!

Enjoy my coffee this morning and getting ready to start the day. It looks like I'll need to stop by the store tonight after work and pick up some produce. I am officially out of salad and that has become a lunchtime staple around here.

As of right now I'm thinking about making today a rest day. I am so sore from yesterday's weights. ouch! Had a personal victory on the treadmill yesterday too. Walked a 5k all uphill! I set my treadmill to 13 incline (15 is the max) and walked 2 miles. Then I lowered it down to 7 and finished the last 1.1 mile.

I'm trying to condition myself to be able to go hiking in the steeper parts of the Smokey Mountains this summer. Hope the incline helps.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Happy Hump Day!
  • I was stuck in the 280s for what felt like forever, then I lost my job, had swine flu and loads of problems at home, and now i'm back to 303. Really need to get my weight loss mojo back. I'm still working out loads, I just haven't been very disciplined with my food. I'm going to refocus and do it and get back on the weightloss bandwagon ASAP.
  • Welcome MissionFatToFab and dalotamidnight! Glad you're joining us!

2Fat2Jump: Wow! I hadn't really noticed that you are that close to hitting 100 lbs lost! Wow! That's a great accomplishment! And, good for you on the treadmill victory. That will definitely help with hiking, I'm sure. It sounds like some of the goals I have (other than weight loss). We have the Junior College baseball World Series here at the end of May. My family goes to a lot of games and we like to sit at the top of the stadium. Last year I was so winded every time I went up the steps, I just don't want to do that again. And, I have a horse and we do hunting and camping. I want to be able to get on the horse without help and to be able to do a lot of walking in the woods for hunting.

See, it is good to talk about goals. I hadn't thought about them for awhile, and now I am inspired!

Had a good spin class this morning. I have some stairs to climb yet today, so I still have some exercise ahead of me.

Have a great day!
  • Slashnl – Thanks! Honestly it’s an odd feeling being able to say I’ve lost 95lbs when I’m still so big. It’s almost like the journey is really now just beginning for me. I had a similar stair experience at a park about 2 years ago. On vacation I was at a park with a great view, but to get to it there were about a million stairs. I had to stop multiple times and take breaks along the way huffing and puffing as strangers tried to squeeze by to get past me. It was so embarrassing. I often think about going on a vacation there again just so I can walk those same stairs and prove to myself I have come a long way.

I hope you kill those steps this year!!! It looks like you’ll be leaving this thread soon. I hope to meet you in the 260’s sooner rather than later!

Hi Mission Fat to Flab, sounds like you’re in the right place! You can do this!
  • Well I have been mia for a while as I keep gaining and am almost back up to my starting weight. My ticker is a lie. I have been faking doing weight watchers for months now. I know it works if you do it but I always give in to temptation. Going on vacation and a cruise soon so just trying not to gain anymore. Seriously thinking of trying Nutrisystem when we come back. I am diabetic also and I know that they have a plan for diabetics. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and how it went for them. I am just disgusted with myself for not being disciplined and just getting the weight off already. Maybe a switch to something that I never tried is what I need.
  • to the new people and the ones who are just returning!

I'm doing ok, weight down a tiny bit. Work is just so intense lately, but I'm pretty much on plan and am making an effort to do the stairs at work at least once/day....

Lindy--I tried NS a few years ago. It was too much salt and too many things with tomato sauce in it for me. It also costs $, although there are ways to get some good discounts towards it. I think any of those programs where the food is all laid out for you can be good because it stops you from trying to figure out your own meals. QVC used to sell some smaller NS packages--you might look into it and give it a try that way before committing to 3-4 months of food through the official NS website [they make you sign up for autodelivery to get your 'free' month of food]
  • 2fat2jump: That would be a great idea, to go back and see how much easier it is now. But, I know how that is, huffing and puffing to just catch your breath! I know that once we got to the top of the stands last year, I just sat there and hoped nobody tried to talk to me so that I could just breathe!

Lindy87: Aww, I'm sorry you're not feeling good about things right now. Try to not beat yourself up about it. If this was easy, we'd all be at goal! I know nothing about NS, but maybe something new might help get you going in the right way again. Maybe just take some time with your vacation and cruise and try to get back to a positive mindset and be ready to go when you get back! I know you can do it!!

JzBelle: I've been working on the stairs, too, at work. I'm pretty much over it, but I know it helps. Stairs just suck.

I had such a sluggish start today. My alarm went off and I couldn't believe that it was time to get up. UGH. I almost talked myself into not going to the gym, but I went. I can't say I enjoyed Body Pump today, but I muddled through it. Now I feel like I'm just dragging.......... So, maybe no stairs today. I think I'll just sit here and grumble. (That's helpful, isn't it?) I think I'm getting tired of this weight loss challenge here at work. I am glad it is over on Tuesday. I still want to win, so I'm trying hard, but I'm also tired of thinking about it all. the. time.
  • I'm cheering for you Diane as you get near the finishe line!

So very glad its friday, even if it is grey and kind of dreary here.
    Hope everyone is doing OK!

I'm hanging in. Ate pretty healthy yesterday and today (so far).

How is everyone else?