Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2

You're on Page 22 of 36
Go to
  • I have a wedding this weekend. I plan to drink. Planning to stick to vodka waters, not that that's okay, but better than a pina colada! I just need to learn to control my food intake when I get a couple drinks in me!
  • Quote: I feel I can post here again because this weekend I haven't been 100%. I am disappointed in myslef for slipping, even today I slipped and had something I should not have. I'm not going to let this derail my efforts though. I think when I don't see the scale move after having a great week I get disappointed and say screw it. It's very disheartening to not see your hard work pay off. Excuses I know. But I'm back to being 100% tomorrow and hoping I did not do too much damage by Saturday. I admire those who have remained 100% for so long.
    I admire them as well. They have worked very hard. Get back up on the horse. Don't let the slip ups continue and you'll be fine
  • Quote: Thank you, nolasmurf. I am glad that you have done so well and that you are happy - that is ultimately all we want?

I am still behind you regardless of what different journeys we each take.
    Well said.
  • Quote: No no not trinny! Don't you dare think that you caused anything! You are right this is the spot to ask those types of questions. I was more bothered by the fact that it got carried over to the daily thread.
    I agree, to cut and paste to the daily thread was not right. My coach is working with me to keep me losing while still "cheating". If you can achieve your goal for weight loss whatever way that works for you is all at matters. It's not always a slippery slope. I've had drinks and got right backon the program. Sure I could be done by now, but I'm okay with doing it my way.
  • To me, this conflict is ridiculous. We are all on a personal journey. Does not matter if you are 90% or 100%, we all need to be respectful of the individual's journey. These threads are meant to support, not tear down.
  • Nola, Thanks for your post! I respect you and your honesty. Thanks for being here ladies!
  • Quote: Ok the same issue arose last fall with 100%ers getting upset with 90%ers posts. It got down to name calling and disrespect. My question is this? Why would a 100%er even come on this post? This is exactly why I quit coming here at all! Same stuff different day.

Yes this goes on constantly. I have been coming here for several years. At one time the biggest uproar was over if people were actually 100% if they were using alternatives instead of IP products. The title of each thread is very clear so there should be no reason for people carrying comments from the 100% thread or this thread to other threads. If people know a particular thread does not support what they are doing and will make them annoyed there is no reason why they should read it.
  • Quote: Yes this goes on constantly. I have been coming here for several years. At one time the biggest uproar was over if people were actually 100% if they were using alternatives instead of IP products. The title of each thread is very clear so there should be no reason for people carrying comments from the 100% thread or this thread to other threads. If people know a particular thread does not support what they are doing and will make them annoyed there is no reason why they should read it.
  • Interesting experience yesterday. Typically I use Quest bars as an alternative to IP bars or when I need some variety. Yesterday, I bought some Atkins bars and thought it might be another reasonable alternative. To my great surprise and pleasure, I thought they were too sweet. Never in my life have I thought anything was TOO sweet. Ever. This gives me some hope that post-IP, I'll be able to have at least some control over the sweet cravings because (at least for now) my tastes seem to have changed. yay!
  • I have had a rough week. Last week I was retaining water like a sponge from Wed. last week until well today. I felt bloated and just ARGH!

I am doing better today. I have counter balanced the water retention with tons of water all week. My eating has not been up to snuff, but I am working on it. I am just burned out plain and simple. This winter has gone on long enough (since Mid. oct) and I am ready for some SUNSHINE and fresh air! Being cooped up makes me want to graze mindlessly during the day.

So I am a 90%er and I am working hard to be 100% but that is not happening so far
  • [QUOTE=sarahBell;4942457]
    So I am a 90%er and I am working hard to be 100% but that is not happening so far [/QUOT

I am working toward 100%, too, but having a hard time getting better than 90%. However, I am so glad to have found this thread because it is my home! I have never felt like posting on the 100% thread, as I am just to much of a rebel to follow the rules completely strictly. I can't wait to go back to the beginning of this thread and read it through!
  • [QUOTE=ChaloJ;4942694]
    Quote: So I am a 90%er and I am working hard to be 100% but that is not happening so far [/QUOT

I am working toward 100%, too, but having a hard time getting better than 90%. However, I am so glad to have found this thread because it is my home! I have never felt like posting on the 100% thread, as I am just to much of a rebel to follow the rules completely strictly. I can't wait to go back to the beginning of this thread and read it through!
    I have managed to be 100% quiet a few times but I just cannot walk that line for some reason. This thread is like a confessional for so many of us, we can post without being judged, scolded or intimidated OR felt like we are failures.

I take this day by day and hope for the best is all I can do. Also congrats on your loss by the way
  • [QUOTE=sarahBell;4942809]
    Quote:
    I have managed to be 100% quiet a few times but I just cannot walk that line for some reason. This thread is like a confessional for so many of us, we can post without being judged, scolded or intimidated OR felt like we are failures.

I take this day by day and hope for the best is all I can do. Also congrats on your loss by the way
    That sounds more realistic and more sustainable in the long run, imho. 100% is a brittle tightrope walk. When I am 100%, I eventually snap. IP will work fine at 90%. Not sure about 89% tho
  • I was 100% until Christmas besides one planned "cheat" night for my work Christmas party on November 30. I have been struggling to get back to 100% since Christmas/NYE. I've had a few bad days that remind me of my old habits. Despite these few slip ups, I've managed to still lose another 10 lbs since Dec 20. I have another "cheat" night planned for Saturday - DH and I are out of town for a night for a concert and I would like to indulge in a couple drinks and a hearty breakfast the next day. After that I am back on the 100% bus until go to Vegas in mid March for a work trip. There are certain events in life that I know I need a little break from IP to keep my sanity. I'm aware that it will take me longer to get to my goal but I'm okay with that. I will get there this time and now I know that I am able to get back on plan pretty easily which will be helpful in maintenance.

90% OP with IP is a **** of a lot better than 0%!
  • Quote: I was 100% until Christmas besides one planned "cheat" night for my work Christmas party on November 30. I have been struggling to get back to 100% since Christmas/NYE. I've had a few bad days that remind me of my old habits. Despite these few slip ups, I've managed to still lose another 10 lbs since Dec 20. I have another "cheat" night planned for Saturday - DH and I are out of town for a night for a concert and I would like to indulge in a couple drinks and a hearty breakfast the next day. After that I am back on the 100% bus until go to Vegas in mid March for a work trip. There are certain events in life that I know I need a little break from IP to keep my sanity. I'm aware that it will take me longer to get to my goal but I'm okay with that. I will get there this time and now I know that I am able to get back on plan pretty easily which will be helpful in maintenance.

90% OP with IP is a **** of a lot better than 0%!
    Congrats on the 10lb loss!!!
    As a human I have weaknesses that are hard to over come. for me it is SUGAR lord lord that stuff is my kryptonite. BUT I am doing Ok. Could I have lost more than what I have- Yes, could I have pushed through the cravings -YES. Did I? NO why because I am human and not perfect.

Amen to 90% is better than 0!