Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2

You're on Page 14 of 36
Go to
  • Quote: Today was my first "binge". I feel awful . I have done so well for seven weeks. I did track it and had about 70 gr of carbs tonight. Tomorrow we are hosting a football party at the house. How do I stay away from temptations? Especially alcohol? Please kick me in the butt!
    I once uttered similar words on an IP thread. The reply? "Consider your butt kicked!"

Sometimes you want someone to tell you to not be so hard on yourself. But sometimes you don't. I read parts of the Skinny Girl book. She said about a binge, "Just stop. Don't think, 'Well, I've blown it any way. I might as well wait 'til tomorrow, or Monday, etc. JUST STOP NOW,'" It really helps me. Cuz when you get on the scale, it's that much less that you have to re-lose.

You can do it!
  • Hello 90%ers! Well I had friends in town this weekend (Fri - Sun) for shopping and birthday time. Went to dinner Texas Roadhouse (YUMMY)...I stayed away from the free peanuts, rolls, and appetizer that my friends got. I had the salmon with veggies, green beans and a side salad. I only ate about half of the beans as they were covered in some type of oil and bacon. Had lowfat ranch on my salad, minus the croutons...kept the cheese....sssshhhh don't tell anyone. Breakfast the next morning at a local bar type place....had a ham, sausage, cheese omlette, without the biscuit, hashbrowns, or complimentary mini cinnamon roll (looked delicious). Then for lunch we wend to Red Robin (I know, way too much eating out)...I had a cheeseburger, minus mayo in a lettuce wrap and a side salad instead of fries. I logged all of my calories for the weekend into MFP and had some pretty high numbers (1400ish), but I'm feeling like I'm still in ketosis. I was 100% yesterday and so far today...weighed in this morning to assess the damage from the weekend and I was down about 2 lbs from Thursday! Not sure how that happened, but I'm not complaining.
  • Quote: Hello 90%ers! Well I had friends in town this weekend (Fri - Sun) for shopping and birthday time. Went to dinner Texas Roadhouse (YUMMY)...I stayed away from the free peanuts, rolls, and appetizer that my friends got. I had the salmon with veggies, green beans and a side salad. I only ate about half of the beans as they were covered in some type of oil and bacon. Had lowfat ranch on my salad, minus the croutons...kept the cheese....sssshhhh don't tell anyone. Breakfast the next morning at a local bar type place....had a ham, sausage, cheese omlette, without the biscuit, hashbrowns, or complimentary mini cinnamon roll (looked delicious). Then for lunch we wend to Red Robin (I know, way too much eating out)...I had a cheeseburger, minus mayo in a lettuce wrap and a side salad instead of fries. I logged all of my calories for the weekend into MFP and had some pretty high numbers (1400ish), but I'm feeling like I'm still in ketosis. I was 100% yesterday and so far today...weighed in this morning to assess the damage from the weekend and I was down about 2 lbs from Thursday! Not sure how that happened, but I'm not complaining.
    Happy Dance!
  • pretty disappointed in myself right now. Tom came to visit for the first time since starting. Then on Sat. went to a college football game. Got to hang out in the suites all day. It was a catered event and I tried my hardest to stay OP. I had a lot of salad with the italian dressing offered. A diet coke a few bites of cheese and some wine. I haven't lost anything in a week. Didn't gain either but I hope I haven't totally screwed this up.
  • Quote: pretty disappointed in myself right now. Tom came to visit for the first time since starting. Then on Sat. went to a college football game. Got to hang out in the suites all day. It was a catered event and I tried my hardest to stay OP. I had a lot of salad with the italian dressing offered. A diet coke a few bites of cheese and some wine. I haven't lost anything in a week. Didn't gain either but I hope I haven't totally screwed this up.
    Since I started IP I've had diet soda twice (drank it daily prior to IP), and it seems like both times it caused my weight to go up a bit or to stall. Chug lots of water to flush things out, that usually helps me!
  • this week sucks already. I am having a HARD time keeping on track
  • Quote: this week sucks already. I am having a HARD time keeping on track
    Awe. I'm sorry Sarah. The holidays are hard. Wish there was something I could say to get you back on track...just know that you can't change what you just ate, but you can change what you're about to eat.
  • Quote: Awe. I'm sorry Sarah. The holidays are hard. Wish there was something I could say to get you back on track...just know that you can't change what you just ate, but you can change what you're about to eat.
    Aww thanks

we have been putting hard wood floors in the upstairs of our house and it is a lot of work and trying to eat right when you just don't have a minute to spare is hard and ds #2 makes it that much more chaotic.

So I am just bummed abt today and yesterday I blew it so far out of the water they are orbiting earth!
  • Hoping all of you 90%ers have a great Thanksgiving. I don't plan to be 100%, but I do plan to be 80%-90%. I will be 100% with my water intake and my vegetables. Good luck all!
  • Hello 90%ers. It's day 39 of 100% for me; however, I have my staff Christmas party Saturday night. I have planned to "cheat" that night since we are going to a fantastic restaurant and I don't want to feel deprived and miserable. The problem is that I am now scared to eat anything off plan. I worry it will make me sick. I always appreciate a drink or two at these functions as I'm a bit of an introvert and the booze helps me make the small talk. Was planning to nurse a small glass of wine all night. Can those of you who have "cheated" here and there let me know how eating/drinking off plan has made you feel? I'm hoping the portions at this restaurant are very small and I can get away with just a couple bites of the bad stuff and it won't hurt me too much! Thanks for your help
  • Quote: Hello 90%ers. It's day 39 of 100% for me; however, I have my staff Christmas party Saturday night. I have planned to "cheat" that night since we are going to a fantastic restaurant and I don't want to feel deprived and miserable. The problem is that I am now scared to eat anything off plan. I worry it will make me sick. I always appreciate a drink or two at these functions as I'm a bit of an introvert and the booze helps me make the small talk. Was planning to nurse a small glass of wine all night. Can those of you who have "cheated" here and there let me know how eating/drinking off plan has made you feel? I'm hoping the portions at this restaurant are very small and I can get away with just a couple bites of the bad stuff and it won't hurt me too much! Thanks for your help
    Hello Ms Steph

Well for me I feel kinda guilty, sometimes I mentally screaming at ME. BUT you are human and cant help but make mistakes. Yes you control what you eat as well.

I wish day in and out that I can be 100% because I feel better physically and emotionally and my scale likes me more. BUT I stray and nibble, taste and lick more than I should.

If I were you I would use your best judgement and step into this party with care.

Have fun and you look beautiful in your pic and I bet you will just be a show stopper at the party!
  • Quote: Hello 90%ers. It's day 39 of 100% for me; however, I have my staff Christmas party Saturday night. I have planned to "cheat" that night since we are going to a fantastic restaurant and I don't want to feel deprived and miserable. The problem is that I am now scared to eat anything off plan. I worry it will make me sick. I always appreciate a drink or two at these functions as I'm a bit of an introvert and the booze helps me make the small talk. Was planning to nurse a small glass of wine all night. Can those of you who have "cheated" here and there let me know how eating/drinking off plan has made you feel? I'm hoping the portions at this restaurant are very small and I can get away with just a couple bites of the bad stuff and it won't hurt me too much! Thanks for your help
    just sip your wine, drink lots of water, and make sure you're eating too. have some carbs so you don't become hypoglycemic. there's no reason to feel guilty. you've worked hard for almost 6 weeks. enjoy yourself for the night and get back on track the next day. i think part of this weight-loss journey is to learn how to relate to food in a healthy, guilt-free way. i will say that if you go heavy on carbs on alcohol you will experience some "withdrawal" the next day, maybe 2. but it really depends on how much you have. a glass of wine and a few bites of food is not going to do you in at all. have fun!
  • Quote: Hello Ms Steph

Well for me I feel kinda guilty, sometimes I mentally screaming at ME. BUT you are human and cant help but make mistakes. Yes you control what you eat as well.

I wish day in and out that I can be 100% because I feel better physically and emotionally and my scale likes me more. BUT I stray and nibble, taste and lick more than I should.

If I were you I would use your best judgement and step into this party with care.

Have fun and you look beautiful in your pic and I bet you will just be a show stopper at the party!
    This is exactly right, if you cheat, you may end up with a little stomach ache and some guilt. I like what someone posted in the other threads about keeping in mind how you want to feel when you go to bet that night after the celebrating is over. I'm going to keep this in mind for sure.
  • I have been reading all your posts and I have to say that this is a great thread! We all want to stay 100% OP, but we're human and we slip up from time to time. The important thing to remember is not to be too hard on yourself and get back on track the next day!
  • HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! Today was so-so for me. I did a bit better but I WI tomorrow so lets see!!!