Mighty Monday Beach Chat 10/28

• Well it's mighty chilly this morning. Enjoyed reading everyone's posts last night. Linda, I hope your dad feels better soon. Ruth, scotch???? I thought you for a wine girl

I bought Halloween candy, two bags as we rarely get any trick or treaters. I have the bags hidden from DS and myself. Tammy I have been really good too so I will do my best to stay away from the temptation. I should see a tiny loss for the month. This is the time of year for me to make maintenance my priority. Being closer to my lowest weight would be nice.

Time to grab the cup of joe and get on my train. Have a mighty Monday
  • Good Morning

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for getting us started. I hope your workday is bump free!

A quickie...it's the best I'll get today. DD has a car issue and I "think" the only resolution is for us to travel to Denver before work...she brings me back up then heads back down to deal with her car. She'll have it towed up here. Oh, well.

I had some financials to get done before end of the month so I've tackled those already. My organization has bumped up a notch. When I went to do the 941Quarterly I found I had it (and4thQtr) already prepared and saved. All I had to do was print. That came in very handy this morning.

Ok, I have the alarm set for an hour and I'm going to relax in bed with a cup of coffee while I wait to see if travel is in my near future.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good Monday Morning Chicks!

Jekel, my halloween candy is hidden as well . I try not to buy my favorites. I am pretty proud this week ~ it was a rough week emotionally, and I did not cave! You sound like you're feeling better? Have a great day at work.

Debbie, what a nice surprise that it was done! I hope you enjoyed your quiet time.

The cat spay clinic went great yesterday, we kicked some butt (or would that be uteri?). I never got grocery shopping done though, I guess I'll have to do that today instead. I also am getting my hair cut, I need it desperately. Where will I stick exercise in?
  • Good morning. I'm having a Mighty hard time doing without my coffee. I should have just slept in until it was time for my fasting blood work at 9 but that would mess me up for the rest of the day. So I'm sipping a glass of water for now, but it sure isn't the same.

Jennifer, thanks for the get well wishes for my dad. He's doing OK for now. Good luck staying out of the Halloween candy! Thankfully it doesn't tempt me in the least.

Debbie, I hope the car thing all works out. It sounds like a hassle! Woohoo for saving that quarterly form!

Good morning, Tammy!
  • Morning! Just a quick check in on my way out the door. I have my coffee and another of those pumpkin muffins for my mid-morning pick me up. After that, the rest go to the freezer! My weight was up today and the TOM excuse only goes so far.

Good to read everyone's news and I will be back later.

My post title today would have been "gotta make it through Monday" They are always busy.
  • My sympathies, Linda. I know how hard it is to do without coffee on bloodwork days. I'm glad your Dad is feeling better.

Debbie, I've looked and looked but can't find my quarterly on my computer. I guess it will be late this time - unless you have an extra. Hope the car situation works out well.

Jennifer, I really am a wino at heart but it seems appropriate to sip Scotch before dinner since I'd been watching Macbeth.

Tammy, the spay clinic was fun? No for all the poor queens, I guess. I assisted at a rabies clinic one year - what a riot! Dogs, cats and even a rabbit.

The Finance Committee meets here at ten. I have some brownies to bake before then. The guys expect cookies or something. It's sort of a trade-off for help in worrying about the Mill finances. The good thing is that both Doug (IBM) and Dann(Fed. Government) are really good at keeping things on track. I'm hoping we'll be done by noon.

Still have not picked up the Halloween stuff - maybe later today? I'll make a list of the stuff I don't like and focus just on that. I can resist Cheezies, Jolly Rancher and Coffee Crisp bars but that's a pretty short list. I definitely cannot buy chips! I'll also get some decorating done - I did get the box out yesterday. My neighbour has gone all out in the house next door - it even has me scared!

The oven just pinged so I'll get those brownies baking. Having a house smell of baking is better than vacuuming it, right?

Happy Monday as we take a flying leap into the last week of October.
  • Hi Beth. Before you leave for work, please run up here with some of those muffins for me, OK. I bet the kids will be revving up with Halloween excitement so I hope your day goes quickly.
  • Good morning Been up since 5:30 but not exactly awake. I am not in the mood for another work week but until I win the lottery it's Monday so same old.
    Hm, I have 2 vacation days to use up before the end of the year. That will give me something pleasant to think about

Hope everyone's Monday passes without any unexpected bumps.
  • Good morning,

Bit chilly this morning but by afternoon it will be up to almost 70- how to you dress for 40 degree difference

My eating yesterday was not good, I really need to get my head in the game for the weekends. Today is a new day and clean slate.

Jekel - Halloween candy is out in a dish but I am not tempted as they are not the kind I like to eat so I have not dug into those.

Debbie- yikes how long of a drive is it into Denver?

Tywnn glad your clinic went well yesterday. Friday, Blue did well but did not like getting her nails clipped.

Cottage hope time flies for you so you can get your cup of joe. Glad your dad is feeling better

Beth I am sure some of eating is due to TOM coming but I am not blaming it I am blaming my mouth and hands lol

Ruth here is to a quick meeting this morning for you.

Cyndi I am with you lol. Though I am taking a day off tomorrow but that is because DH and DD both have doctors appointments. DH is getting a colonscopy and that takes a few hours so I figured might as well take the day off wouldn't really get any work done.

Alright back to work I go, tonight will be super busy in the Lou. World Series game 5, Rams Monday football at the dome, I hope traffic is not bad on my way home.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Good morning. For another 15 minutes, anyway.

I've been to the gym and to Costco. This afternoon I work. I've got leftovers for meals. Eating has been great. Even my two meals out in the past week were handled with unusual moderation

As for Halloween candy... I'll have to buy some this year since we have new neighbors with young kids. The past few years we didn't even buy candy since we had no trick-or-treaters. Oh that was sooo much easier. When I have bought in the past I chose the non-chocolates since I find those less tempting. Not sure what I'll pick this year since I don't want DH to eat the leftovers either! Maybe I can hide them from us both until my boys come home for Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your day.

• Jekel - I will buy a small bag of candy tomorrow and hope DW will bring it into work with her should we get no treaters.
    Debbie- OYE!
    Tywnn- sorry it was a rough week but YAY for no caving!
    Cottage- hope that coffee tasted amazing and glad to hear about your dad.
    Beth- sometimes TOM lasts me months
    Ruth- Happy Monday
    Cyndi- I used to love taking the days off when everyone was in the office so I didn't have to deal with people (who normally take their vacation days around actual vacations).
    Pearl- I hope DH's colonoscopy goes well. Drinking that stuff is miserable!
    Karen- My hiding skills aren't nearly as good as yours, lol

We had family here this weekend - DW's sister, her husband, two nephews and MIL. It was a busy weekend and we spent our grocery money eating out (though totally on plan so yay) but now I am left trying to be very creative for the next two days.

I have an impromptu interview this afternoon and am still waiting to hear back from the other two places. Any good vibes would be appreciated! Happy Monday all.