Blue Team Fall into Fitness Chat Thread Week 2 (10/14/13 - 10/20/13)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi everyone well I had a good day today but a long one. I have the totals done and will post them tomorrow.

We had some awesome losses this week. GREAT JOB blue team.

I did a 5.5 mile walk today by the river and it was cool but not windy so a very beautiful fall day with lots of lovely colors.

I will talk to you all tomorrow.
  • CONGRATULATIONS to our Week one Biggest loser:

Secret Swan -8lbs. 4.65%

Honorable Mentions:

Bigmid -4.4lbs 2.59%

Only believe -5.2lbs 2.14%

Robot -4lbs 2.08%
  • Go Blue!!
    I couldn't add my exercise for yesterday on last weeks thread so I will put it here. I did a lot of walking with hubby.
    Let's all work hard for the team this week.
  • Our team is amazing. Congrats to this week's biggest loser and the honorable mentions.
  • Congrats Secret Swan and all the rest of the team for doing a great job.

This week is going to be a little more challenging for me. Kids got a 4 day weekend which is throwing off my plan. So much easier during the week when they are at school. But I walked the dogs a few times not very far but some exercise is better than none.

Nancy - I saw that you did a shake last week with oatmeal in it. How did it work/taste? I usually do the other ingredients like you but never thought of trying oatmeal.
  • Hooray! But that was probably my last big loss. Which I can live with. This week I am eating leftover porketta every day, which is not typically a good weight-loss meal. But hey, comfort food! And all foods work on my plan: I can eat anything, but not EVERYTHING. Right?
  • Quote: Nancy - I saw that you did a shake last week with oatmeal in it. How did it work/taste? I usually do the other ingredients like you but never thought of trying oatmeal.
    The shake turned out a much thicker consistency. I should have used less banana, or more liquid. This morning I only used 2 tbs, vs 4 tbs. Which was much better.

4 tbs = 1/4 cup, according to livestrong web site, that's additional 3 grams of protein. And it kept me full much longer then without. So, I'm thinking of doing this more frequently. Though sometimes at the end of the day it doesn't look like I ate enough...

Also, my wellness check said that I'm 'boardeline' high cholesterol... and was advised on adding oatmeal to my diet. Here's the website that I found, if the link won't come out, I'm pasting partial of what was in the article:

Adding just ¼ cup of oatmeal to a protein shake provides an additional 14 grams of carbohydrates. The carbohydrates in oatmeal contain 2 grams of fiber, which increases satiation, helps digestion, stabilizes blood sugar levels and helps lower cholesterol.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/54...#ixzz2hirHeNrQ
  • interesting about the oatmeal. May have to try adding some to my shakes. thanks for sharing.
  • I did a trampoline workout today
    it kicked my butt!!! she had us running laps, burpies, lunches, crunches!!! its a lot harder than it sounds just jumping on a trampoline hahah
  • I'm nervous because I'm on predinsone for 2 weeks and I'm afraid of weight gain but its made me so nauseas that I don't have any appetite!!
  • Nancy - thanks for info on oatmeal. I will try it tomorrow.
    F
    Sarain - trampoline workout sounds interesting. We have an extra large trampoline for my sons gymnastics. I would bounce on it sometimes. I will have to research what you did.
  • SarainMN don't worry! Prednisone is a strong drug, but two weeks isn't that long. Not long enough for the moon face, I mean. I hope it helps whatever you need help with--I've taken it and it was amazing how quickly I could breathe again, but it made me feel pretty weird. Worth it, though.
  • thanks! its for poison ivy (real bad) so she has me on 4 pills a day for 5 days then it goes down
    the 4 at a time is killing me-making me so sick-its so gross tasting and then makes me nauseas for hours after
    so today I decided to take 2 this afternoon and 2 at night (she told me I could) and I feel a lot better
    but I do feel "weird"
  • Congratulations Blue Team we won the week 1 challenge Great job everyone

Well I had a great weekend and way to much food now I work tomorrow and then go away to conference on Wed-Sat where they feed us all the time and we do not get to chose our meals.

i alway gain bad when I'm at these things every year so I think it will be a freebie for me next week and then I should be good to go again for the rest of the challenge.

What are your triggers and how do you handle them?
  • Congratulations to this weeks winners!!! and to our team for winning the week, woohoo! I'm thankful I at least didn't gain so I didn't drag us down. In fact, today looks like 2 lbs have finally given up their hold on me, so things are looking up.

I like the idea of adding oatmeal to my smoothies, thanks for the tip.

As with all good plans, they are made to be changed . . . my plan to exercise FOR SURE today was "changed" for me by severe back pain, so bad I'm walking half bent over - grrrr! But, I'm reading and prepping for when I'm better. Then again, a four day weekend is coming up so . . .

Oh, and one more thing, I've just ordered my first SCOBY - for making kombucha, which I love and is so-o-o-o healthy. Heading in the right direction.

Again, congratulations to our winners and our team, YAY!!!