~*Delicious for Christmas & New Year Challenge 2013*~

You're on Page 6 of 17
Go to
  • Put off weighing until the last day. I'm up 2lbs. I've been working out hard at the gym but I know it's all the bad foods I've been having. Yesterday was a good and I was hoping for a little loss but nope. Onwards and upwards, onto week 2.
  • I waited until today with the weighing, as well. I weighed in at 145.8 lbs on Friday and then 144.2 lbs yesterday and I was so shocked surprised that I told myself I would wait until today. So this morning I weighed in at 144.0 lbs It's probably a TOM whoosh but hey, I'll take it. And then also, I binged on chocolate and ice cream yesterday. So I thought my weight was gonna be up today but it wasn't. In fact, I lost another 0.2 lbs.

On to week 2!
  • I also delayed the weigh-in to see if I'd lose, but alas, nothing. Congrats to all those who lost, even if it's just .5! And for those of us that didn't lose or may have gained a pound or two, on to week 2!
  • Well, I lost 2.2 pounds this week. I should be really excited, but it's not exactly the way I wanted to do it. I've had some major tummy trouble this week. Either I caught a touch of a stomach bug, or it's related to this larger trouble with my abdomen.

All of my stuff from the obgyn came back perfecto this week, which is great news, I know. Even my hormones are almost at normal levels, and there are no cysts on my ovaries. Great news for a PCOS girl. I was hoping for an answer for some of this abdominal pain, however. A cyst, considering my condition, seemed like the obvious answer. I'm being referred to a gut doctor, and I'm so excited for another dozen rounds of expensive blood work and invasive ultrasounds. I'm doing a food diary for a week before I make an appointment to see if he or she can relate any of my pain to any certain foods.

Ugh, sorry for the boring medical complaining. I've not told my family because they are COMPLETE worry-warts, and we've had a lot of medical worries recently (sister had a miscarriage, Mom had a heart-attack, and Dad just had to undergo back surgery). I really didn't want to worry them without cause, but it leaves me without much room to talk.

I've got to work on lesson plans and my yearly goals right now. If I have time this evening, I'll come back and do personals. Congratulations to everyone who has lost so far!!
  • So im feeling super motivated ATM. I think I have small goals in perspective and Im ready to begin to work at them mentally and physically. Dh and I suffered a miscarriage this summer and while im over it and ready to move on DH isnt. Thats okay but I think no matter what I partially blame my weight even though I was eating super healthy at the time. Anyways...I want a baby and DH isnt ready yet so Im seizing this time while he still heals to get my body in real shape for that. Maybe in a year...maybe in two years he will be ready...but im not about to pressure him about it. We are young and have plenty of time. However I think I need to feel like Im doing something to prepare for the process of trying again and working out being healthy is a huge push for me.
    I also was reminded about the military ball this dec. And Ive never been to one. DH and I have never been to a formal event besides our wedding and I kinda want to go. I think its plausible to lose 10 lbe before the ball. all of my smaller goals lead to big goals. Small goals like the ball, summer next year, visiting my family in the spring who hasnt seen me in a year because we live overseas, looking fit and healthy when I look for a serious grown up job after we.move next year...all leads to big goals...graduate school graduation, europe trip in 2015, hopefully a baby eventually, Its all about perspective right?
    I often use the excuse that I dont have time but I need to have time for me, for my body, my career (because yes, appearing healthy is important in a professional), and ultimately starting a family with my husband.
  • Here is the chart from week 1! Congrats to ToastedSmoke who's taken the top spot and leading the way for an awesome challenge! The spreadsheet I use to make the chart is view able via the tabs at the bottom of the main spreadsheet.

• Yay! I'm in the top 20! Only just, haha.

After feeling really depressed recently things are starting to look up. Need to think positively and stop dwelling on what can't be. I'm looking forward to Christmas more than anyone right now, I can't wait to be with my family and friends again! I Skyped with my Dad on Saturday and my sister and her son surprised me by being there. So I got to see my baby nephew! He was super shy, it was cute.

10K training hasn't been going very well...because I haven't done a thing! But I've got 3 days off this week (starting right now!) so I've NO EXCUSE not to go on a run. I have to train or I'll shame myself in the 10K!
  • Hi everyone sorry I didn't weigh in in Week 1! Bad start, right!? I will this week, I promise. I have been feeling a bit stressed out and didn't want to weigh in and see a gain and depress myself :/ But I need to make sure I stay accountable so I will be weighing in on Saturday morning.
  • I'd love to join! My goal is to lose 31 lbs but hopefully it'll kickstart loss for next summer
  • I'm so in
  • I weighed in on Friday but it didn't pull through! I just realised now and added my Friday weight. I hope that's ok, sorry! I guess the work internet doesn't work on 3fc spreadsheets!
  • How is everyone? I am now off for 3 whole days! Woohoo! Going to go to my boyfriends place since he lives in a cool city and spend my time shopping. I'm not a shopaholic or anything, I just NEVER shop for myself so I'm really excited to. I need to remember that if I buy clothes I need FITTED clothes, not baggy ones! I'm also going to go Christmas shopping, there's an amazing shop called Loft that has loads of different floors of weird and wonderful things. I've been slowly buying Christmas presents for a while so I'm not buying them all at once and being broke over the holidays. So far so good!

Weight today was a little higher but not as high as I thought, 158.5 lbs from 158.2 lbs. But I had a bad week but today is the day I start exercising! Since it's raining and I don't have adequate outdoor running gear for this weather I'm going to do Insanity. I've done it before and had great results so hopefully the intensity and the plyometric elements will improve my running performance for the 10K. Mum has already began running, so I need to keep up!

---

grapefruit - I know how you feel, but it's best to admit to the gain than to just ignore it. Besides, if you don't weigh in for 2 weeks you'll be moved to Standby!

Kat - Welcome! A lot of the Mum's at my school send their kids little bento lunch boxes for lunch. They just keep an ice pack in with their lunch so it stays cool. Usually there's rice, cooked vegetables, perhaps some sort of cooked meat with fruit for dessert. It's all Japanese food, so they're master of the bento lunches, but you might want to consider something similar that you don't need to re-heat.

Lucy - Sometimes you have to wait for the spreadsheet to automatically save before leaving the page. It's fine if you enter it after the deadline, it just means your weight won't be added to the overall chart!
  • So...scale says I gained over 3lbs this week, but I don't know how that's possible. I weighed tonight on a full stomach, and I was 2lbs lighter than this morning. Going to write down the higher weight, but will likely use tomorrow's as I think think it's a fluke.
  • Quote: So...scale says I gained over 3lbs this week, but I don't know how that's possible. I weighed tonight on a full stomach, and I was 2lbs lighter than this morning. Going to write down the higher weight, but will likely use tomorrow's as I think think it's a fluke.
    It's best to weigh in the morning after you've used the bathroom with no clothes on. If you stick to weighing in at the same time every day you'll get a better idea of how much you actually weigh. Fluctuations occur rapidly throughout the day and can cause confusion! If you forget to weigh in in the morning, just don't weigh in and do it the next day. I always note down my lowest weight for a little morale booster, but each to their own!!
  • Hi everyone!! I see there are already oeiple who have lost weight! Goood job all! I jpined this challenge on Wednesday so I wont be recordong my weight until Wed of this week however I wanted to sto by and read about all of your success! I really hope to cone back in a couple of days with some weightloss.