~*Delicious for Christmas & New Year Challenge 2013*~

You're on Page 13 of 17
Go to
  • skittlesfirehawk:

you can do it! what kind of tattoo did you get? I want to get one once I hit goal.
    Riestrella:
    Thanks for the advice I think I probably am too traditional to say it first, so I guess I will wait it out a little bit. I'm super excited about Christmas! It's one of my favorite holidays. I read about your Japanese experience with Christmas, and it had be laughing (especially those costumes, yikes!).

dehtripper: Yes, 1.3 a week is totally doable and I'm happy that you are less stressed now that you're back on WW My office still has Halloween candy out! It's so tempting to see it here

__________________________________________________ ______________
    I saw 137 on the scale (woot woot). I still haven't been able to go back to exercising because of my back, but I'm feeling a lot better and I'm mostly pain free. I plan on taking some Yoga classes next week and hopefully that just helps me in strengthening my back.

I'm super excited that we are nearing the end of the week because I actually have ALL of next week off of work. How's everyone feeling? Any Hunger Game fans? I am really looking forward to the movie this weekend.
  • Sorry I haven't been participating in the chat, I've been super busy but I do like to check in and read once in a while so I just wanted to say keep up the good work everyone!
  • KissKiss i got tinkerbell on my shoulderblade.[IMG][/IMG]
  • Guys I'm going to have to quit this, I'm really sorry! I just don't have time or the presence of mind to keep this updated at the moment best of luck with the rest of the challenge
  • Mara - yay! glad its cooperating

kisskiss - sorry about your back. Yay Hunger games! I was aiming on reading the book before seeing the movie this time, but alas time has escaped me. PS: you are soooo close to goal and that is AWESOME

skittles - glad you're happy with your new tattoo. I'm finally only a few sessions away from finishing my current project…but it kinda drives me crazy that I can't skate for a few days after getting work done.

grapefruit - sorry that the challenge isn't working for you right now. hope the best for you regardless!
  • Quote: Guys I'm going to have to quit this, I'm really sorry! I just don't have time or the presence of mind to keep this updated at the moment best of luck with the rest of the challenge
    Do you mean the spreadsheet or the chat thread? Because there are plenty of people who just use the spreadsheet and don't use the thread to chat. I'll keep your information on the spreadsheet in case you want to keep accountable.
  • Im kinda mad at myself today. I had my gym bag packed to go. Woke up with DHs army.alarm.and.I thought he reset it. Next thing I knew he was kissing me.goodbye and didt get me up to go to the gym..I think he just misunderstood. And thought I was skipping a workout! oh well!
  • good morning

after my mandatory wisdom-teeth-exercise break, I'm finally back at it this week I run mega slow and take little weights for ripped/shred, but it's okay will get better soon
    I'm a little upset because I've been eating and exercising right this week, and the scale didn't move.
    But okay! maybe next time

have a great week everyone
  • Well hello everybody!

So I signed up for the spreadsheet, was all geared up for the challenge, ready to post an update since I had been MIA for several months, and start losing the lb's with you guys again and BAM - car accident :|. I'm ok now, but I ended up with some head trauma that took several weeks to recover from. Which of course, resulted in weight gain (uggggh). Jumping back on the wagon ASAP and going to start reading through the thread now to see how everyone is doing.

Hope all is well with you ladies!
  • Hey Ladies! I have been so horribly behind this week. First TOM struck on Tuesday Then our anniversary on Wednesday then today was my birthday and it has been junk food and no exercise! As fun as it has been I'm sure it's caught up with me. I haven't weighed yet, will Monday at the gym but it's not going to be pretty. However it's been fun and I need to get back to being serious. Like I had said...TOM just means another month of getting healthy before God decided my husband and I are ready to start a family.
    DH got me this great Tshirt for my birthday but it is way tight...I'm a little sad...but more than anything I saw it as???oh yeah! this is my new goal shirt...to add, I was going to buy these super cute boots, that are calf length, but surprise, they'd not fit over my calfs. I wasn't upset, I just said oh well, too bad, and moved on. I know I'm fat, I'm working on it, and that's all I can do. But I'll let it serve as motivation.
  • So after not being hungry much AT ALL last week, this week I am definitely hungry. I tend to freak out when I get hungry, thinking it's going to lead to overeating. Which makes me try to be very careful with my food, which leaves me hungrier and more stressed, which actually contributes to me overeating. A bad, horrible, no good cycle.

So I'm trying to feed myself promptly so I don't panic that I'll starve (which is so irrational because it's not like I don't have food around) and then overeat to 'save' myself. But I'm also trying to balance HOW MUCH to eat to fill myself up. I'm often not great at sensing hunger/full cues.

I'm also still trying out not calorie counting, so eating more when I'm hungrier is nerve wracking. It's working so far, but like I said, I haven't been all that hungry yet. We'll see how it goes.

---

dehtripper: I absolutely LOVED that NSV when I had it! Aren't collar bones so exciting? You just can't stop touching them (at least I couldn't)!

kisskiss: Congrats on 137! The 30s sound so awesome (mostly because the last time I was there I was like 13 years old).

ParkTrot: Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you're okay!
  • I have decided to step down from this challenge for the time being. I will still be running this challenge and compiling the charts and contributing to the chat, but I will no longer be weighing myself. I made a detailed reason on my blog, but essentially I have become emotionally affected by the number on the scale and it has to stop. So until I feel ready, which is probably when I've had at least a month of being on plan (fitness and nutrition wise) I won't be stepping on the scales. Keep it up everyone, you're doing awesome!
  • hey guys, this sounds like an awesome challenge, and would love to join! Just recently getting back on track with diet, so fingers crossed i can get to my goal by new years :P
  • So, I got down to like 160 this week, but then it swung back up to 161.4. It's not anything alarming - just normal fluctuation since I have eaten on plan. But it still makes me a bit sad to see that I'm the same weight as last Sunday. I knew it was likely since I lost a bunch last week. My body does NOT lose weight linearly. Makes me a bit crazy, but I have to come to terms with it at some point. My weight lingers around one weight, ticks up, ticks down, back to that weight, ticks up, holds, holds, DROPS. Repeat. I admit I get envious of the linear weight loss people.

But I'm working on just using the scale as ONE method of measurement, and trying to remember that I can't lose all the weight in a week or two (that's crazy talk, no matter what my brain thinks). It'll take quite a long time, and I need to remind myself that I'm going to have to stick around through the whole thing to be successful. My mind kicks and has a tantrum about it, but logically it's true and normal and healthy that I'm not losing 20 lbs in a week.

---

Riestrella: I think there are definitely times to step away from the scale and use other measures to track our progress. I've definitely had very emotional reactions to the number on the scale before (including under- and overeating) that are unhealthy. It's easy to become too focused on a number. I've taken a break from the scale before. It does give some mental relief if it isn't used to overeat. Eventually I'm able to go back to weighing and see it more objectively. It also helps me to use other ways of measuring my progress. Good luck with everything!
  • I was on plan with food and had my lowest weigh-in on Friday- 140.0 lbs. This morning I was up a little but only to 140.8 lbs and that's because I haven't had a BM in 3 days. Sorry for the TMI! Well today I figured I could have a little cheat day because I was in the mood but man, I went a little overboard. I'm definitely gonna try to keep dinner light to make up for all the calories and I should probably lift weights, too. It's Thanksgiving on Thursday and that is supposed to be my cheat day. However I just realized that it doesn't need to be. I can have everything in moderation. Nobody celebrates Thanksgiving in Germany so it will only be me and DH. It's his favorite holiday ever and we are gonna get a small turkey and all of his favorite food which is mostly healthy anyways. Well, we'll see how it goes. First I want to make sure I stay on plan until then.