25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • Good job AAD!!!
  • Hey everyone,

AAD, Good job - you keep going down, so steady and consistent. It all adds up

I had a huge surprise yesterday when I woke up and it was white outside!!? The temperature had dropped to below freezing and we had snow overnight - this after having temperatures in the 20's (I think in the low 70's F?) earlier in the week. I thought for a second that maybe I had slept through summer
    It was nasty all day, and didn't make for the best of moods, but I muddled through and today the sun is shining and it is all good.

I just finished baking cookies. I usually take them in to work, and I am now able to do this without tasting even one - I know if I have one that it wouldn't stop there.
    I have had to program myself to be able to do this by recognizing that if I eat cookies (or whatever) I feel soooo guilty afterwards, and usually feel so bad that I end up way overeating. However, if I resist, I feel good afterwards, and feel that much stronger in sticking to what I believe is best for me. It keeps getting easier.

With determination and support we can keep this going

Jude
  • Hi girls,

I finished the 1/2 marathon in Indy on Saturday, and 45 minutes faster than the one last year! Unfortunately I have silver-dollar sized blisters on my left foot which I hope will heal before Saturday (a friend talked me into walking a local 5K). Since I had to "carb up" the day before the race, I've only lost a pound >: but I'm re-committing to mindful eating and will start weighing in more regularly.

I'm also back to taking fiber capsules a couple of times a day...keeps you regular and makes you feel full so I eat less. Just have to remember to take them!

Happy to see that you are all doing well and the tickers are moving! It's easier to get out and move in this beautiful weather! have a great day.
  • going in the right direction
    I'm going in the right direction. I'd like to say it has been flawless, because I like "flawless", but that isn't the case. And I'm learning it doesn't have to be flawless but it just needs to be much improved. For example--I've been avoiding sugar like I need to, but sometimes I have been eating bigger portions of healthy food than I need. It is progress to have gotten past the sugar cravings (temptations will always be there, but it doesn't have the same control without the cravings).

Jollyjude--I do relate to your making cookies scenerio. The same is true for me.

And I trust as I keep the bigger giants (sugar & refined carbs) away, then gradually I'll find more strength and space to rid the smaller giants out of my life.

You all inspire me by your committment too!
  • Hey Jollyjude, you do have some will power! I couldn't have made the cookies without trying one. I admire your will power and determination.

Wow, webwoman, you are a wonder woman. A 1/2 marathon and a 5K the following weekend. Keep those legs moving. That weight will drop.

Julystar, you are learning what it takes to get there and making the necessary changes. Yeah, your doing great, keep it up.
  • Webwoman, I am so happy to see you back posting. I don't know if you remember me from posting on the BellyFatCure thread.

My weight doesn't change much...up and down a lot...but I won't quit trying!
  • Oooops . . . This thread has passed the magic limit of 500 posts.

Would some kind soul start Thread3?
  • This thread is now closed.
    Please look for the new thread titled:
    25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3
    Look forward to seeing you all there real soon!