Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • hi guys
    I have a question. Did someone have an answer ? I have a dietary site I can try to tell if I know that it works I heard a lot but I wonder
    This is site http://www.3weekdiet.com/?hop=clckpy
    A forgotten thanks ali
  • I am going to try a recipe today that is not fully P1 compliant. I think it will be P1 friendly enough though.

I made a turkey spaghetti sauce yesterday that I wound up just eating by itself as I realized the eggplant I bought to make a mock eggplant lasagna went bad on me and I had used up all my zucchini so I didn't have anything that I could use that would keep me in line with the daily allotments.

So, to solve this today, I have decided to make a keto pasta recipe that I found this morning. I have calculated my macros and it works out but it contains ingredients that are not P1 approved but I think it will be P1 friendly enough as it is in keeping with the calorie and net carb daily total.
    The recipe below makes 4 servings so dividing the ingredients by 4, I am thinking this will not be much of a deviation from P1. I am looking forward to this!!!! I made keto ravioli at Christmas, and it was ok but it needed tweaking and this may be just the recipe I need!!! This is important for me as I follow a keto lifestyle after I transition out of IP.

Ingredients:

1 lg egg
    2 tbsp glucomannan powder
    4 tbsp oat fiber
    1 tbsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1 tbsp coconut flour (we are HUGE fans of Anthony’s products)
    3/4 cup water, warm (whatever is “hot” out of your tap)

Beat egg well in a bowl or zip it up in a blender. Add dry ingredients and mix until gravel-like texture. Add water, mix until well combined. Form into a log and let rest for 8-10 minutes. Break into balls about the size of an egg, run through your choice of pasta machine (extruder or roller), meat grinder, or roll out (do it between parchment\silipat and slice to form noodles). Refrigerate for at least an hour, it will keep for up to 5 days.

To prepare noodles, boil a couple cups of salted water (I used 4 cups water + 2tbsp salt). Add pasta to boiling water and reduce heat immediately to just slow boil. Leave pasta in for 3-4 minutes for thick noodles, 1-3 for spaghetti. Drain and use with your favorite sauce or dish.

Yes. You can also use these in soups 😀

Nutritional information per serving: Calories each 48 , Fat: 2g Protein: 2g, Carbs: 19g Fiber: 17g Net: 2g
  • You rock Ro!
  • Quote: You rock Ro!

Thanks, Cheryl!
    This worked really well. I can't believe how few ingredients/quantities worked so well. In the recipe, they said they used the kitchenaide meat grinder attachment w/o the blade to make the pasta. I had the mixer but not the attachment so I stopped at Sam's Club and got it yesterday. It was so simple! And, it did the trick. I can't say this is the greatest pasta I ever had but for what it is, it worked out well.
  • Wow, Ro!! That's pretty adventurous. I never was much of a pastry/baking sort of person (mainly I don't like dough, lol), about all I did before was the odd batch of 'healthy' muffins, or some sort banana type bread to get rid of older fruit. I never made pasta - this looks intriguing but I won't bother, myself. I'd taste-test it if it were put in front of me, though.