IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10//8/2013

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Now if I could just figure out how to tolerate broccoli. And cauliflower. How exactly do I purée cauliflower? I'm thinking of trying to "hide" it in something else.
    I really enjoyed roasting both at about 500 degrees F for about 20 minutes. I added leeks, too. Zucchini is also good this way.

To puree the cauli, make sure it is quite fork tender (roast, boil, or steam it), then use an immersion blender, hand beaters, or a food processor or blender. We put it in the ninja blender with some EVOO and a splash of chicken broth. Season lightly with salt and pepper, taste, then increase seasoning, if needed. Yum!
  • Quote: So... Guess who sprained her ankle yesterday and is hobbling around with crutches? Just in time for two flights with little kids on Friday. And oh yeah, my toddler has the flu. It's a rough week so far. Normally I'd be bingeing hard from the stress but I'm proud to say I'm staying strong! I hope I can tackle thanksgiving well this weekend.
    Ouch! Hope your ankle gets better quickly and you get to enjoy some turkey this weekend.

Quote: I think I will have the hearty english muffin with PB, yogurt, raspberries, and a little gronola. I have to figure out the calories tonight to make sure it works!!
    Is it bad that this post made me drool??? I can't wait until I'm able to have something like that for breakfast!

Quote: NSV: Had a health screening at my job on Aug 26th. I am glad to say all the information in the booklet is obsolete!

Weight: 216.7
    BMI: 41
    BP: 142/82
    LDL: 242

TODAY!
    Weight: 202
    BMI: 38.2
    BP: 120/70
    LDL: 220 (no longer high risk now I'm "borderline" high risk)

I LOVEEEE IP
    That is sooo awesome! Congrats!!!

Quote: Whoo hoo! Another 3lbs gone. I'm closing in on the 180s and 70lbs lost. I can't wait until I get there.

21st anniversary coming up in early November want so badly to see 179 or less on the scale by then.
    Woohoo!!!

Quote: Has anyone found a 0/0/0 chicken broth or stock they can recommend?

I use small amounts of the regular kind for cooking, but I want a carb-free brand so I can sip on it. (Is that weird? Drinking cups of chicken broth? It's something I always crave this time of year. Ha!)

I've considered making my own, but I figure with the onion and celery juices it may not be completely carb-free either and I probably wouldn't be able to strain off enough chicken fat.
    I just use a generic, low sodium one from a local grocery. I do make my own broth - just plain broth, nothing added - and it's really good as a soup base or for flavouring. I'm going to do the same with the turkey from this weekend.

Well, had my WI this morning. I'm not going to say I'm "only" down .8 - I'm going to celebrate that it's a "down" and I'm happy with that given that it's my TOM! I think I'm firmly in Onederland now - still can't believe it - and I am very happy with that

Made some amazing baked meatballs for supper, recipe here: http://www.ideallyyou.ca/recipes/baked-meatballs And was going to make a sweet and sour sauce to go with but they smelled so good, I couldn't wait!

Hope everyone is having a great evening and I'm trying to choose between the cookie dough swirl bar and the double chocolate brownie for my snack...tough choice

Jo
  • Thank you for the meatball recipe purplemomster!
  • Just finished dinner - on plan "peanut butter stir fry chicken"...delicious. Some meals make me forget I'm on a diet. It is so good. And I love it with cabbage...kind of subs for cooked onions and/or noodles. Yummy!

Hope everyone had a fabulous IP day!

And thanks for that meatball recipie...nice item to cook ahead and have on hand.
  • First weigh in today........ After 10 days without a single slip I weighed in down 10.4 !!!!!
  • Quote: First weigh in today........ After 10 days without a single slip I weighed in down 10.4 !!!!!
    That's freaking AWESOME!!! Sooooo happy for you!
  • Quote: First weigh in today........ After 10 days without a single slip I weighed in down 10.4 !!!!!
    Wow. Congrats!

Certainly a nice reward for sticking to it.
  • Congrats misstiff.
  • Quote: Just finished dinner - on plan "peanut butter stir fry chicken"...delicious. Some meals make me forget I'm on a diet. It is so good. And I love it with cabbage...kind of subs for cooked onions and/or noodles. Yummy!
    Recipe Please!!!!
  • congratulations on meeting your goal!!