IP Weekend Chat Sat 10/5 - Sun 10/6/2013

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • So sorry SarahBell. Glad everyone is safe but I know this is still so hard. You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • It's been a busy cooking day - waffles and potato pancakes!

Off to mow the lawn, last time this year!
  • Got my shipment od samples from Nashua today!!! Excited to be getting back OP!!!! Hoping these alternatives taste good so I can afford to stay with it!!!
  • Quote: thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers. My uncle sent a really choppy video- everything is gone

BUT mom, dad, nephews and pets are safe!
    sarahBell, so terribly sorry your family has suffered such a loss. I'm so glad everyone is ok.
  • Quote: SarahBell..so glad no one is missing or injured, but the devastation and the close call have to be a major source of pain. So sorry and hope you get to go and hug them ASAP. All of us at 3FCs send our best.
    So sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through, I am so glad everyone is ok ..
  • Quote: Got my shipment od samples from Nashua today!!! Excited to be getting back OP!!!! Hoping these alternatives taste good so I can afford to stay with it!!!
    Please post what you think of them I hope you like them
  • You guys are wonderful!!

I am going down tomorrow armed with water, soup, cinnamon rolls ect. to help feed the people helping my parents and the 2 other neighbors who lost their homes.

The great thing abt being in a very very small rural community is people will come and help because everyone knows everyone my town has less than 500 people in it.

We will hit the road by 8am and get there by 11am. Ready to help with what we can!

And I am struggling like mad to stay as close as I can to the plan as possible but it is so hard, I don't even want to eat
  • Quote: ....
    Amazing how a "happy attitude" takes over when it doesn't have to fight " being fat " for your attention!
    It's great to have a new focus in life.

I decided I deserve a daily reward for my hard work. Not monetary, but physiological rewards and motivation....today's reward, putting on my old way too big jeans and looking at myself in the mirror. It will bring a huge smile to my face and that's my reward! Arrogant maybe, but in this case it's all about the new, improved me!

Have a good one
    Personal/private arrogance is underrated!!!
    It's right up there with loving yourself and a good self image. You're allowed!!! You earned it!!
  • Just tried "cake in a cup" for the first time. (Made with chocolate drink mix) Really yummy. Felt like a treat. The recipes make this so much easier. Plus, I'm getting more comfortable cooking.

Cool!
  • Oh SarahBell! What a mess! I'm so glad everyone is safe.
  • Quote: I am using alternative products, but I do various things for lunch that help change things up a bit. I use the liquid concentrate drinks and add them to my water when I go to a restaurant.

The restaurants vary, but for lunch I find that the Subway Chopped Veggie salad is great. I like to select spinach and iceberg with green and banana peppers, pickles, cucumbers and tomatoes. I make my own dressing; either grapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar, or Italian (you can google recipes for homemade I talian and sub items that aren't IP compliant). You can buy the small silicon travel dressing bottle and it is handy to take in with you. I love going to a Mongolian grill where you pick your own veggies and sauces (I use soy, ginger, and garlic). If it is "my own protein" meal, I will pick a meat or seafood to go with it.

If I am eating at my desk I will take a baggie with a mix of field greens to work (kale, spinach, Swiss chard, etc...) and drizzle my own dressing in the baggie. I eat it right out of the baggie. You can add any veggies you prefer to the salad, chopped peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc...I usually bring a big dill pickle as well and sometimes a hard boiled egg. For my packaged protein I will have variety of options: bbq soy puffs, white cheddar crisps, chili lime soy puffs, RTD drink, liquid concentrate flavored drink.....
    Sometimes I use the puffs or crisps as croutons.

If you have the muffins, or any item made with veggies added, just count the amount of veggies towards your total needed. Also, count the protein packet you used as well.

Melissa: I have found I can go longer between meals than when I first started, but everyone is different. As someone else mentioned, listen to your body. If I start to feel weak or shaky and my next meal is a ways off, I will eat a bite of my snack, a hard boiled egg, have my protein drink, gnaw on some veggies; usually a dill pickle, etc... As you progress through this IP adventure you will understand signals your body is sending and anticipate what to do.

Vachinyc: Congrats to you on your losses!
    Thanks so much, this helps greatly. I went to Trader Joes today and bought shredded cabbage and cut up broccoli then added WF 1000 Island to it and it was great. Had my Vanilla drink and was good to go. I like the "salad in a bag" idea, will try that. Hadn't thought about Mongolian G, we have one close by, that will be great. Went to the movie with my DH and didn't have a thing to eat except 1/2 my protein bar. He ate popcorn, but didn't actually bother me, I was interested in the movie. We saw Gravity and it was quite spectacular to see the views from "outer space".
  • Quote: You guys are wonderful!!

I am going down tomorrow armed with water, soup, cinnamon rolls ect. to help feed the people helping my parents and the 2 other neighbors who lost their homes.

The great thing abt being in a very very small rural community is people will come and help because everyone knows everyone my town has less than 500 people in it.

We will hit the road by 8am and get there by 11am. Ready to help with what we can!

And I am struggling like mad to stay as close as I can to the plan as possible but it is so hard, I don't even want to eat
    Sarah Bell, I know your parents will be thankful to have you close by. It must be devastating to go thru something like that. My cousin in OK lost her roof in a tornado, I can't imagine losing your home and all your possessions. You are all in my prayers.
  • Quote: thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers. My uncle sent a really choppy video- everything is gone

BUT mom, dad, nephews and pets are safe!
    So glad everybody is safe. Give them lots of hugs. Lost my house in a flood two years ago, lots of love from many people got me through.
  • Quote:
    WOW! That's awesome!!!! Does he know you've been dieting?
    He knows I have lost weight but not how much and hasn't seen pictures. I am the weight I was when we met so he should have a nice surprise.
  • Sarahbell - what a scary event for your family to go through. I can only imagine how stressful it is when there is distance between you. Good luck tomorrow, it sounds like they live in a great community.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's discussion, lots of great information and really positive. I'm having a great OP day. Went to the gym and then a friend and I took our kids for a 1.5 hour hike. Needless to say I was hungry when I came home and had half a pack.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend