Restarting today and looking for a buddy...

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • ...or two or three! Lol
  • I am 3 weeks in can I be your buddy
  • Hi, there! I'm starting today, too, but this is my first time. I have LOTS to learn. Good luck to you!
  • Welcome! I'm mid-way through week 4...second time on IP!
  • Hey! Thanks guys! Safety in numbers! I am looking forward to starting again yet slightly dreading it at the same time. Silly huh?
  • I'm 3 weeks in my first time around and would love the support of some buddies too!
  • We shall call this the Buddy Thread then! There is so much good support on here but it is nice to have people in the same spot as yourself I find. Whoop whoop.
    I have a feeling all of us here can keep each other on track. I may need a kick in the butt or two so please don't be afraid to do it!!!!!
  • Quote: Hey! Thanks guys! Safety in numbers! I am looking forward to starting again yet slightly dreading it at the same time. Silly huh?
    Totally get it. I had a large gap from when i stopped on round 1 and started round 2. It was almost like I had to mentally prepare for what I was doing but at the same time get relieved that a solution is headed my way!
  • The thing is... I felt really good while on track. I love veggies and really was never hungry. There was so many good recipes to find on this site and the food I was eating was good. But then summer came and I just drifted off. No excuses... It was a decision that I made. Bread and carbs, as yummy as they are, have never been my friend. And all the booze I drank was prolly a real insult to my liver. I live in a small community where almost of all our friends like to party. That being said they are all overweight too. Everything in moderation is so the key. I lost my key!!!!
    I have struggled with my weight all of my life. My Mom is a poster girl for yo yo dieting and I learned from the best. Time to change. A permanent change. And all those things that I love need to become a treat and not part of my daily diet. I am ready to make that change for good.
    I have learned that I feel so much better when I can breathe in my jeans!
    But that being said... Anybody who says nothing tastes better than being skinny has NOT tasted my BFF's husbands pesto!!!! Lol
    Here we go.....
  • I hope I can buddy with you peeps. I'm on my second week using alternatives. I did IP last year with good results.
  • I'm on my third week! I love the buddy system!
    \Best of luck!
  • Quote: I hope I can buddy with you peeps. I'm on my second week using alternatives. I did IP last year with good results.
    Alternatives? Like what...I'm curious
  • I have bought some Proti Diet drinks but my supplier disappeared! Lol I have bought some Walden Farms dressings and I really only liked the Thousand Island for my Big Mac in a bowl. For my protein drinks I have bought high quality protein isolate from a local supplier and one from Walmart. I use Pure Protein and Detour bars...
    You have to really watch and compare what you are using as alternatives. I compare them to the nutritional charts of ideal protein products.
    I weigh myself and measure myself and can be totally accountable to myself for that.
  • I just restarted today after taking nearly a year off. Would love to buddy with you all.
  • I'm in.. Tried restarting yesterday and was a disaster... Did better today.. Drank 8 bottles of water, but late afternoon...stuffed my face with junk!!!! Will try again tomorrow... Weighed in at 184 this morning.

I know I can do this!!!!