300+ Getting Fit After 40 #314

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Judy we had a killing frost last week. Today we are suppost to be near 70. I had the air on yesterday and the heat on again this morning.
    I had a POP day yesterday. I got in all my water. My calories were good! Working on day 2 today.
  • Good to see more activity here. Yesterday was POP for me. The scale doesn't want to move but I do feel better. POP menu planned today.

Let's do this!
  • I carbed out yesterday.

Hopefully today will be a huge improvement.
  • I was sure I posted here yesterday. Oh well - still POP and scale not budging. I've also followed my health coaches advice and being mindful of getting in my fruits and veggies every day. Looking forward to fresh pineapple today - it's a real treat for me. I should buy it more often.

We can do this!
  • I had another good day. I have gotten all my water in and I feel better already.
  • Happy Halloween!! I will be with lots of candy tonight and am going to try my best not to eat a single piece.
  • Went to WW this morning. Had a gain but it wasn't a surprise. They did something different this week. They had a panel of lifetime members discussing how they succeeded, pit falls, making weight control a lifestyle, taking the time to do something for yourself, etc. It was very inspiring.

I tend to judge people by what I see. It's not a good thing. There's a woman in our group who is tiny, exercises for hours a day, runs half marathons, teaches karate and is a lifetime member. She is having a problem keeping her weight UP to her goal weight. I usually just sat in my chair nastily wondering what the heck she was doing there every week. When she got done speaking I was shocked. She was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and given a year to live. Oh, and she's legally blind on top of it. She weighed about 200 lbs and decided it was time to lose the weight and live each day to it's fullest. She dove right in and stuck to the program, including a 6 month plateau due to meds. She's now 10 years out, still OP, goes to WW every week as a reminder that eating properly and exercise is helping keep her alive. That was a slap yourself in the face moment for me. What a reminder that what you see can be only a small piece of a person. This will stick with me forever.

I've got to work hard on staying POP all week. I've done it before and I need to get back into that I Don't Want To Be Held Back By My Weight Anymore mindset.

Happy Halloween! ...................Nooooooo candy!
  • See you in the November thread!