IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/1/2013

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I made the zucchini muffins this AM and had them with Hazel nut coffee and man oh man were they good! Today is better than yesterday. I do not have the munchies as bad as Monday. I hope my week goes better and I can lose big (Monday may have already hosed it up )
  • Introducing Myself
    Hi, everyone, my name is Melissa, and I started IP today. I spent many hours on this forum this weekend looking up lots of info and recipes. What a marvelous bunch of knowledgable and supportive people there are here! I went for my initial appointment at my local IP center yesterday afternoon, and after reading so much this weekend, I felt like I could've led the introductory session myself. Just like most everyone else here, I've been on numerous diets over the years, and I'm sick of never really fixing my problem long-term. My doctor recommended this diet (although he has no affiliation with the program at all), so I started looking into it. It just resonates with me. I want to break this unhealthy relationship that I have with carbs, and I like the structure of the program. I've found the answers to so many of my questions by searching the forum, but I do have a couple more......is chicken broth allowed on this diet? It wasn't listed on any of the info the clinic gave me, but I don't really think it has carbs or much fat??? I've sauteed veggies in a little chicken broth in the past and liked it. Didn't want to do it until I know it's ok, though. Also, does the water we mix into our packets count towards our daily water intake, or is that separate? Thank you all for all the help I've gotten just by reading your posts. This site is a real gem, and I'm so glad I found it! I hope everyone has a great day.
  • Quote: Hola Lisa!!! No I've been on 3 since I started the plan. My coach mentioned that I may need to add a 4th packet if I'm hungry. In the 5 weeks that I've been on IP I've only had a 4th packet twice (and not without guilt, lol).
    It's so funny. I regularly have 4 packets a day when I am hungry and that is like 2-3 x per week. While everyone is different, it has worked for me.
  • Gooooooaaaallllll!-ish
    So I had my weigh in and I at 155.6. Goal was 155 so I am still not past it, but I am calling it GOAL! Especially since I am adjusting my goal today to 150 and will reexamine when I get there.
  • Quote: Hi, everyone, my name is Melissa, and I started IP today. I spent many hours on this forum this weekend looking up lots of info and recipes. What a marvelous bunch of knowledgable and supportive people there are here! I went for my initial appointment at my local IP center yesterday afternoon, and after reading so much this weekend, I felt like I could've led the introductory session myself. Just like most everyone else here, I've been on numerous diets over the years, and I'm sick of never really fixing my problem long-term. My doctor recommended this diet (although he has no affiliation with the program at all), so I started looking into it. It just resonates with me. I want to break this unhealthy relationship that I have with carbs, and I like the structure of the program. I've found the answers to so many of my questions by searching the forum, but I do have a couple more......is chicken broth allowed on this diet? It wasn't listed on any of the info the clinic gave me, but I don't really think it has carbs or much fat??? I've sauteed veggies in a little chicken broth in the past and liked it. Didn't want to do it until I know it's ok, though. Also, does the water we mix into our packets count towards our daily water intake, or is that separate? Thank you all for all the help I've gotten just by reading your posts. This site is a real gem, and I'm so glad I found it! I hope everyone has a great day.
    Hi Melissa!!

I am new here too, starting week 3 really, I am learning too, so I cant answer your questions really but I wanted to say WELCOME
  • Quote: So I had my weigh in and I at 155.6. Goal was 155 so I am still not past it, but I am calling it GOAL! Especially since I am adjusting my goal today to 150 and will reexamine when I get there.
    Whoo hoo! Congrats on your success!
  • Quote: So I had my weigh in and I at 155.6. Goal was 155 so I am still not past it, but I am calling it GOAL! Especially since I am adjusting my goal today to 150 and will reexamine when I get there.
    Yay for you, yay for you! Woo hoo!
  • Quote: Hi, everyone, my name is Melissa, and I started IP today. I spent many hours on this forum this weekend looking up lots of info and recipes. What a marvelous bunch of knowledgable and supportive people there are here! I went for my initial appointment at my local IP center yesterday afternoon, and after reading so much this weekend, I felt like I could've led the introductory session myself. Just like most everyone else here, I've been on numerous diets over the years, and I'm sick of never really fixing my problem long-term. My doctor recommended this diet (although he has no affiliation with the program at all), so I started looking into it. It just resonates with me. I want to break this unhealthy relationship that I have with carbs, and I like the structure of the program. I've found the answers to so many of my questions by searching the forum, but I do have a couple more......is chicken broth allowed on this diet? It wasn't listed on any of the info the clinic gave me, but I don't really think it has carbs or much fat??? I've sauteed veggies in a little chicken broth in the past and liked it. Didn't want to do it until I know it's ok, though. Also, does the water we mix into our packets count towards our daily water intake, or is that separate? Thank you all for all the help I've gotten just by reading your posts. This site is a real gem, and I'm so glad I found it! I hope everyone has a great day.
    Welcome Melissa! I buy organic chicken broth that is 99% fat free and use it to saute veggies and in many of my meals all the time. I also like it in soups and sauces that I thicken with a little xanthan gum.

Good luck on your first day. You will look back and realize this is the day you changed your life, and will not regret it.
    Congratulations!!!!! That is fantastic.
  • Quote: I made the zucchini muffins this AM and had them with Hazel nut coffee and man oh man were they good! Today is better than yesterday. I do not have the munchies as bad as Monday. I hope my week goes better and I can lose big (Monday may have already hosed it up )

How did you make them? With the oatmeal packet?
  • Quote: How did you make them? With the oatmeal packet?
    Zictory
    The recipe is in the Recipes #4 thread. I posted it there.
    Youu can use numerous different packets
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Hey, call it GOAL and say the .6lbs is part of your clothing, lol!!!

So you do 4 packets on occasion too? Good to know because I felt SO guilty about having a Milk Chocolate Pudding after dinner last night.

Thanks and Congrats again!!!
  • Quote: How did you make them? With the oatmeal packet?
    Here is the link for you

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4700445

I am going to add some WF chocolate tomorrow just a smidge to change it up a bit, And I did use the maple oatmeal packet which I cannot choke down when it is in a bowl **shudder**
  • Quote: Hola Lisa!!! No I've been on 3 since I started the plan. My coach mentioned that I may need to add a 4th packet if I'm hungry. In the 5 weeks that I've been on IP I've only had a 4th packet twice (and not without guilt, lol).
    Stop feeling guilt! The program is DESIGNED for you to have more than 3 right now at your weight. Perhaps your lean mass will stabilize if you have the correct number of packets
  • Quote: Hi AliExpat - We have similar stats - I'll be watching your progress and be inspired. I have set a goal to get there in one year. I know we can do it!
    Hi dmp! Welcome! There are a few of us that just started with VERY similar stats. It's funny how our weekly losses are all different but we've all lost the same overall.