The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Susie - was it you that had the Simply chips? Where did you find them? I'm debating ordering some online but if I can find them in the store, that would be even better.

Thanks!
    Jo
  • Any cereal recommendations from lowcarbgrocery? I am now totally switched to Alternatives, so want a variety of meal "types". So far I've got the ChocoRite shakes which are DELICIOUS!!!! and the Quest bars (Strawberry vanilla) which I find MUCH more satisfying than the IP bars. I would like something in the soup and cereal category. Oh and crisps too! haha!

I'm doing my research but I always second guess myself ... so if some experts would chime in I'd be grateful!!
  • I found this deal. I worried about posting it because of the fine print saying no Internet distribution, but I found it on RedFlagDeals and everyone there is using it...so???

• Quote: Susie - was it you that had the Simply chips? Where did you find them? I'm debating ordering some online but if I can find them in the store, that would be even better.

Thanks!
    Jo
    I managed to grab them at home sense of all places. I think low carb grocer carries them...
  • Quote: I found this deal. I worried about posting it because of the fine print saying no Internet distribution, but I found it on RedFlagDeals and everyone there is using it...so???

Thanks! I love red flag deals! And smartcancuks.
  • Quote: I found this deal. I worried about posting it because of the fine print saying no Internet distribution, but I found it on RedFlagDeals and everyone there is using it...so???

I got the new hope mills pancake mix at low carb grocer! Delicious! I picked up two boxes and wish I grabbed more. Will just have to make another trip down there!
  • Quote: I managed to grab them at home sense of all places. I think low carb grocer carries them...
    Thanks, Susie! I'll have a look there - there's one walking distance from my house. I may just break down and order a case from them online if I can't find them and my clinic doesn't get the IP BBQ chips in.

I also ordered some of the New Hope Mills pancake mix from lowcarbgrocery - can't wait for it to get here!

Has anyone tried any of the Pro Energy Diet products? My clinic had a few of their products (don't ask - my coach was telling me what bad service they are getting from IP so she's looked at a couple of other options to supplement what she can't get from IP) and I was checking out their oatmeal. I ordered a box of the maple and brown sugar to try.

Jo
  • Thanks Susie! Is Low Carb Grocer the same as lowcarbgrocery.com?
  • Quote: Thanks, Susie! I'll have a look there - there's one walking distance from my house. I may just break down and order a case from them online if I can't find them and my clinic doesn't get the IP BBQ chips in.

I also ordered some of the New Hope Mills pancake mix from lowcarbgrocery - can't wait for it to get here!

Has anyone tried any of the Pro Energy Diet products? My clinic had a few of their products (don't ask - my coach was telling me what bad service they are getting from IP so she's looked at a couple of other options to supplement what she can't get from IP) and I was checking out their oatmeal. I ordered a box of the maple and brown sugar to try.

Jo
    I love the pancakes! After playing around with the directions, I found it was best with no oil, one egg white and only 1/4 cup of water, then adding a couple drops of water as needed. I also add cinnamon. And I put some olive oil in the pan and warm it up before pouring the mix in. I have two servings left then I'm out. Thinking of heading to Markham on Saturday to pick up some more and do some shopping in Toronto.

Quote: Thanks Susie! Is Low Carb Grocer the same as lowcarbgrocery.com?
    Yup. I never ordered online from them, just went right in to the store. No shipping fees that way!
  • I've just started testing the waters with alternatives and have done a couple of orders online with lowcarbgrocery as well...so far so good...have tried the ChocoRite protein powders and Quest bars. Now looking for something that can replace my beloved IP Dill Pickle Zippers and the Garlic Soy Chips. Any suggestions? Most of the things I've found on the alternative threads are from the American online ordering sites - I don't want to pay the exchange and extra shipping so prefer to stick with lowcarbgrocery.
  • Quote: I've just started testing the waters with alternatives and have done a couple of orders online with lowcarbgrocery as well...so far so good...have tried the ChocoRite protein powders and Quest bars. Now looking for something that can replace my beloved IP Dill Pickle Zippers and the Garlic Soy Chips. Any suggestions? Most of the things I've found on the alternative threads are from the American online ordering sites - I don't want to pay the exchange and extra shipping so prefer to stick with lowcarbgrocery.
    Check out the Pro Energy Diet versions of chips on the lowcarbgrocery.com site - my clinic actually ordered some of those or Susie had some Simply Chips that are good: http://www.wellnessfoods.ca/SimplyProteinChips.html

(from a Canadian company) and you can order those online as well. Or if you're lucky, find them in-store!

Jo
  • I see this thread was from last year but i hope I can get some support from fellow canucks as i begin my IP weightloss journey.
  • Hmmm - thanks - I looked at the nutrition label for the ProEnergy Diet chips and they seem a bit low on protein, and not that much less expensive than an IP box. However there is something called "Kays Naturals Protein Chips" on the site which fall within the alt nutrition ranges - has anyone tried those? Good, bad, indifferent?
  • I agree that the ProEnergy Chips stats are not compariable to IP. I've seen the Simply Chips on Well.ca, I have not had the chips myself but shipping is free with order over $25.
  • Quote: I agree that the ProEnergy Chips stats are not compariable to IP. I've seen the Simply Chips on Well.ca, I have not had the chips myself but shipping is free with order over $25.
    I ordered a bunch of boxes of Simply chips from Well.ca without ever having tried them. Umm... mistake!

The chili and BBQ have a weird fish-like flavour.
    But I keep eating them because I'm cheap!

The herb and garlic ones, however, are really good! I love them.

But everyone's tastebuds are different, so I'd recommend trying them out before ordering a whole box if you can. You can find them at Shoppers and Superstore.

They have a list of Canadian retailers on the Simply website, so you can see what stores near you carry them. http://www.wellnessfoods.ca/addition...da-stores.html