On Plan Thread Sept 23rd - 29th

• It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

**Thank you to Debbie for reviving the idea for the "old OP thread" last week... which I will happily continue, and Linda for the original intro copied and pasted above**

Lindsay edited to add: of course feel free to share your daily on plan menu .... I always do
  • So I had every intention on making this a phase 1 week, to see if that would help shake things up... However, this morning I woke up feeling blah and needing comfort food, which led to a slice of whole wheat "pizza bread' (w/ turkey pepperoni of course) and a side of (noodleless) chicken noodle soup. On plan yes, phase one ...no.

Well we will see how the rest of today goes, will be back later to post my menu.
  • Hi Lindsay-I hope you feel better tomorrow. I, too, have found it much easier in the long run when I have OP comfort foods...Your "pizza bread" sounds good!

I've had an OP day...P2
    B-smoothie (beet, carrot, kale, cuke, raspberries, 1/2peach, sm.apple, ginger root, cabbage) and my two protein powders
    L-pear and WW muffin
    S-orange
    D-Lentil/blackeyed pea cabbage curry cabbage soup and Double Fiber WW bread
    S-VeganCheddar popcorn

I was in a hurry so I took a can of AmysLentil soup and added cabbage, frozen blackeyed peas and spices. It was tasty and fast!

I have a new snack I like-its a veganCheddar popcorn made by Earthbalance....it's at WhFoods...lower in cals/sodium than most. 2-3/4 c. has 150 cal and I find I am satisfied with less.
  • Quote: Hi Lindsay-I hope you feel better tomorrow.
    Thanks Debbie, I was hoping it was just my allergies, but Im still all sniffley even after taking my medication, not a good sign.
    Oh and that vegan popcorn sounds good!

Phase 2

***off today and slept through breakfast, started the day with an early lunch***

Whole wheat "pizza bread" - 1 slice of ww bread topped with diced tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, garlic, turkey pepperoni and a little bit of rf mozzerella, placed under the broiler until melty
    Chicken noodle soup (made w/o the noodles of course)

Lemon Meringue Parfait Yogurt (Source by Yoplait... love this yogurt, it has the perfect flavour!) **This probably doesn't adhere strictly to SBD lifestyle**

Pork loin w/ homemade apple sauce
    Green beans w/ garlic
    Brocolli
    Glass of skim milk

Celery w/ pb (if munchie later)
  • Its official, yesterdays sniffles turned into todays full fledged cold. Very unfortunate seeing as, starting today & for the next 5 weeks, my presence is required at work. No rest for the weary I suppose.
    Happily though, through my miserable, virus infected day, I still managed to eek out an OP phase 1.5 eating plan.(which, odd as it seems, I always crave sweets when I am sick.... so it was NOT an easy day to be OP)

Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Scrambled eggs (1 egg, 1 white)
    V8
    Skim milk

Raw veggies (carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, grape tomatoes) w/ ranch
    Peanut butter banana muffin [recipe here] w/ icbinb

Meatballs (homemade, no breadcrumbs) w/ nsa marinara & fresh parmeasan
    Garden salad w/ balsamic & a dab of olive oil

Yogurt & almonds (if munchie)
  • P2

I started this morning breaking my own rule; "Never leave home without breakfast"
    I was supposed to be a Home Depot at 6 AM and when I woke up it was already 10 after five. I did enjoy some coffee but figured I'd postpone my smoothie till after I returned which was probably only a couple of hours. I did pack a protein bar to take with me. That was a good thing. One thing led to the next and before I knew it it was after 11 and I was down in Denver searching out something for our contractor.
    I did stay good with another one of my SBD strategies; "Avoid fast food at all costs".
    Instead I stopped at whole foods and had a slice of vegetarian pizza(crust not op) and a bottle of water. It was a good thing as I didn't get home and till after 3 PM.
    I went ahead and made dinner early which was breakfast burrito on a whole wheat tortilla topped with vegetarian green chili and shredded lettuce.
    What could have turned out to be a really bad food day turned out okay because I was willing to look for a healthy option. It sure helps that I rarely get hungry anymore.

Lindsay, I hope you're working through what sounded like the inevitable crud and can start your recovery soon.

I learned my lesson today and tomorrow I won't leave home without my smoothie

ETA-For my snack when I got home I had an organic pear which was yummy and a 100 cal whole wheat muffin
  • Quote: "Never leave home without breakfast"
    A very important rule indeed, glad you made it through the day successfully.

Phase 2

'Fried' egg on a slice of toasted ww bread, w/ a dot of ketchup
    Glass of V8

Carrot sticks w/ ranch

Chicken Veggie Soup

Greek yogurt w/ vanilla

Left over meatballs (homemade, no bread crumbs) w/ nsa marinara & fresh parm
    Mashed cauliflower
    Green beans
    Glass of skim milk

Peanut butter banana muffin [recipe here] w/ nsa jam (if munchie later on)

Still feeling sick, but I think a little better than yesterday... hard to tell. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!
  • Today is Thursday, right?

B: scrambled eggs w/lf cheese and ham, V8
    S: carrots, spinach dip
    L: whole wheat tortilla, steak, tomatoes
    S: oops - not sharing as it was not OP - but it was only half of something that sounds like "umpkin unchkin" . . .
    D: Chili is the plan, extra beans, romaine

Be well!
  • I'm really recognizing right now that with all the extraordinary activity around here right now that I need to be extra vigilant. I enjoyed my coffee this morning then moved right into my morning smoothie. We needed to head to Denver for wood so I made sure I got my exercises in before any other chores. Yay!

We ended up having lunch with Kirk's DD and grandbaby...their choice...Chinese....so I made my very best choices and will shift my dinner plan to something lighter.

So:
    B-smoothie
    L-DimSum(I ordered veggies w/o sauce and decided no deep fried, no pork)
    S-lots of water and a smoothie...Ginger apple fresh mint
    D-Ayurvedic Cereal w/raw cashews/pecans and almond milk
    No after dinner snacking tonight
    just more water (counteracting lunch)
  • I missed posting yesterday due to technical difficulties, but it was a lovely, on plan, phase 1.5 kind of day...as was today.

Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

2 Eggs scrambled
    V8

Chicken veggie soup
    Glass of skim milk

Peanut butter banana muffin (no flour recipe)

Huge salad w/ romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, garbonzo beans, balsamic
    Greek yogurt w/ vanilla
    Diet coke

Cucumbers w/ herb and garlic light cream cheese (for my snack later on)

Still not feeling 100%, cold has moved down into my chest, but my head is feeling much clearer... so I figure a few days more and I will be right as rain. (Though I have never understood that saying )