Chicken In A Can

• Anyone tried it? I would like to make the buffalo chicken dip and have chicken in the can.
  • I've had it before and liked it...but I wasn't on IP - without having the nutrition info infront of me, I couldn't tell you if it's acceptable or not.
  • I am not on IP but I eat tons of canned stuff. Chicken and fish. You simply can't get better low-calorie protein. I say go for it.
  • Thanks guys! I went for it and it was a nice change. Ian what program are tou doing?
  • I am doing my own thing that has evolved from day one.

My story is this (elevator version).

I started skipping dinner at 281lbs. Lost 10-20lbs.

Thought, hmm, let's make my other meals healthly. Started eating small breakfasts and small salads for lunch. Lost another 40-50lbs.

Joined a gym. Started weight training. Lost more weight but needed protein to maintain muscle mass. So started adding seafood (canned and fresh to my salads). Got down to about 220lbs.

Started running. First half a mile. Then slowly built it up. To six miles a day now. Worked on improving my salads to get more variety of low calorie protein but also a diversity of other nutrients from as many different vegetables and some fruits (berries are lowest in sugar) as I could. Salads got big.

And I never gave up beer.

So it has been a customized lifestyle change consisting of small steps that I have incrementally tried to improve in ways that work for me and my body.

My next challenge will be to try to drink less beer and get more sleep at nights. I get up real early to work out.
  • That's amazing! Congrats! Sounds like you have done an incredible job! My husband would like to do ideal protein but cannot give up beer...he is just doing a lot of diet modification and its working. I hope you are doing something great for yourself when you hit goal!