MRC September 2013

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I never head of Fitbit Flex.. Thanks for sharing Jen.. Congrats on your focus on being away and weight loss.. That is great.

Patzi
    It's amazing! It's absolutely helping to keep me focused. I think it will help make the transition back to maintenance much easier because I'm looking at calories & menu now instead of just the menu.

Good news is I weighed in today and I'm down another pound since Tuesday putting me at 1/3 of my way to goal. Woohoo!
  • It's wonderfully encouraging that you are all doing so well on the program. I've been on just over a week. I got my first menu yesterday. I've dropped from 185 to 179 since my consultation, so I'm very optimistic and determined. Good job everyone!
  • I had maintenance weigh in today and lost the 1 1/2 pounds I gained last week, so I am happy.. I am at 5 pounds under goal.

Patzi
  • Weighed in today and down a full 2 pounds since last Friday. Yay! I feel like I'm in the zone.
  • woohoo!! Congrats Jen!

I weigh in tonight... I have done well this week. First time in several weeks, so I am hopeful. Have a great day everyone!

@->--
  • Quote: If you don't mind sharing, were you on a specific maintenance program or just eating as you feel when you gained weight back? I wish you all the luck in the world shedding the ten! Chris
    Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I wasn't on a maintenance plan, I just thought I would take some time off and watch what I ate. I did well at first keeping close to plan and journaling what I ate, then I got sloppy and started eating whatever. I am just glad that I caught myself before I went all the way back up as I have before on other plans.

Down 3 of the ugly 10, so there is hope!
  • Quote: It's amazing! It's absolutely helping to keep me focused. I think it will help make the transition back to maintenance much easier because I'm looking at calories & menu now instead of just the menu.

Good news is I weighed in today and I'm down another pound since Tuesday putting me at 1/3 of my way to goal. Woohoo!
    Congrats on being 1/3 of the way!!!!

I am going to try and use something like fitbit or my fitness pal when I transition, so I don't gain it back.
  • Does anyone ever worry that the last pound they lost will be THE last pound you lose?

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will lose all the weight because I've proven to myself that I can do it. With that said, I always have it in the back of my head that little nagging voice saying I won't lose anymore. Crazy, I know, but I wish I could make that voice stop.
  • Back in One-derland!!!
    I have officially made it! I am down a total of 37 lbs

Was a good week - and now I am re-energized to continue on this path!

Next week is measurements and the tanic(sp?) scale!

Happy Friday everyone, I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

@->---
  • Quote: It's wonderfully encouraging that you are all doing so well on the program. I've been on just over a week. I got my first menu yesterday. I've dropped from 185 to 179 since my consultation, so I'm very optimistic and determined. Good job everyone!
    Want to wish you the best on your challenge.. Good weight loss you mentioned.

Patzi
  • Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Stick with it and you will be rewarded!
  • Quote: Celtic, have you tried the premium membership or just the free one? I'm wondering if Premium is worth it.
    Sorry I never replied to this, Jen!

I just use the free membership. I link it to MyFitnessPal for food journaling. Not sure what all the premium entails, but I'm happy enough with the freebee.
  • Hi ladies! So many new ladies on here! Awesome!!

I am doing pretty well...I just wanted to send some encouraging news regarding MRC supplements. I have never been able to say that any of them have worked any kind of miracles for me...however, having been on Maintenance for some time now, I sort of got on a track with sweets that was getting out of control. The more I would have, the more I would crave and it wasn't pretty on the scale. Anyway, my counselor knows that I am not real fond of supplements, but suggested I try the MRC Glucose Formula just for a month and see if that helps with my cravings...OMG...It was even the week before my period at that time and looking over my journal, it was amazing....no sweets, no cravings, etc...Not to say that I didn't like them anymore, just absolutely haven't been craving them like before. This stuff works for me! I LOVE it...stabilizes my blood sugars or something...

Those on plan right now likely aren't facing this issue...or shouldn't be unless you are cheating!! lol...but for those of us on Maintenance where are choices are a bit more, may want to look into trying this

Take care all!
  • Hey, Tami! Good to see you around still. Glad the Glucose Formula is working for you. I used that when I was having sweets issues also. My fav is the Cortitrim. I totally credit it with getting rid of my pregnancy belly.

CelticHarpie, I'm on the free plan also and love it. A friend at work who got the FitBit because he was jealous of mine found something called myfitleague.com for users of FitBit. It puts you in Leagues (starting each Sunday) and you face off against 5 other people in your bracket. It works completely off your FitBit, so there's nothing extra you need to do. It's just motiviation to get your activity up, which in the end, helps with calories burned and weight loss. It's definitely keeping me from sitting around at night.

Have a great week everyone!!!
  • So I went in for my belated weigh in (missed going on Friday) and I'm officially down 10.5 lbs and 12.5 inches in my first 3 weeks on the program.

I like when they give you a ribbon showing inches. Makes you feel pretty good about progress.