Worldlies - no slothing in September - step it up (its Spring)

You're on Page 13 of 14
Go to
  • sounds good Shad, we'll just wait to hear from you.
  • Whatever you all decide is fine with me. Let me know, I can do the TGs card and collect.
  • Commuter train crash in Chicago this morning at 8 am. LAURA???? please post.
  • Good morning ladies,

On Saturday, I got up early and weighed in. I'm down 6 lbs overall from when I first joined Weight Watchers 5 or 6 weeks ago, so I'm pleased I'm making progress. My eating hasn't been 100% over the last few weeks and there was a week when my back was bothering that I barely exercised at all. I'm going to start doing more weight/resistance training, and I'm starting the Abs Challenge tomorrow.

After weigh in on Saturday, I went to the gym. I've been doing 1/2 hour on the recumbent bike followed by at least 10 minutes on the treadmill at a 5% incline (to try and rehab my back and maybe one day be able to hike). After that I ran errands, did laundry, did some maintenance/optimization on my stepmother's computer and my stepbrother's computer. Then I gave Santa his haircut. And then pulled out my own computer and worked on my book for an hour or so.

Yesterday, I took Santa to the dog park, then met some friends for lunch, and then everyone came back to my place (my stepmother's place) to play cards all afternoon. It was a great time. Lots of laughs. Two of my friends are moving to Oregon in two weeks. But thankfully, they will be coming down for visits every 2-3 months or so, so we'll be able to get together then.

I feel so sad for Mellie and for Jen.

================

Annie - The TJ's gift cards are a great idea. Thanks for being willing to collect.

Shad - That's a gorgeous new car! Wow! Stunning! I'll bet she drives like a dream.

Laura - I hope you had a nice time visiting your mom and celebrating her birthday.

Happy - Are the fall colors out in full force yet? How was the fall festival?

Ceejay - I hope you have a good work week. How are you doing on the Abs Challenge (or are you doing the Squat Challenge)...sorry that I can't remember.

Sending love and big hugs,
  • I just got a text back from Laura. She is fine! Yay!!! In fact, she hadn't heard about the train crash.
  • I just got a text back also. All ok
  • Morning all,

Quick post for me, lots to do today and last night I had a sudden allergy attack. Took a Benedryl and wanted to sleep the day away - good thing DH woke me up. Yesterday was just gorgeous - sunny and cool and we went for a 4 hour ATV ride and stopped for lunch. The trees are turning - about 50 percent in some spots (near water DH surmised) and in other spots barely anything. It was really a nice day. Came home, made a light dinner of leftovers and spent the evening watching TV.

Weigh in was terrible this morning - we had a Bloody Mary yesterday at lunch and it was a salt lick and it shows today. My back is giving me less problems, I hope to start walking again although those molding tree leaves are probably what triggered the allergies again.

Saw the train crash on a friend's FB page - knew it was not the same train line (inner city) as Laura thank goodness.

Anxiously awaiting news on Mel.

Back later with personals.
  • Hello All....

Saturday car show was so much fun with lil man and Ainsley. If I had a dollar for every time lil man said car we would all be rich.

Yesterday was at Cs parent's house. They actually ordered pizza instead of have hot dogs. Amen

All and all it was a fabulous weekend. Beautiful day on Saturday, dreary and rainy yesterday. Sunny, high today 75.

Not much feeling up to personals...I have Mellie and a friend of mine in my mind a lot.

Today is Cs birthday, 51. A real Cougar here. hahahaha

Chat later ladies.
  • Worldlies---Over It All in October!
  • Here it is the first. I'll do what I can later in the day - unless Happy beats me to it.

Hey Joy.....Hope all is well with you.... I’m sorry I’m sending this e-mail. Mom is not doing verywell, she told me to make sure to contact you...she is in the hospital. They found the cervical cancer is back, as well as in the uterus AND a grapefruit sized tumor on her right kidney AND she now has a heart murmur. None of this was there 1 year ago. They went over all her x-rays & scans for the last 3 years from ALL the hospitals she’s been to. They can’t get in to do the biopsy's to get a definite timeline...it would be too much and a series of 3-5 operations to just to get some.And there’s nothing they can do, but wait. They are so sure this maybe it that they started hospice care, but it was just too hard to do it with 1 nurse here. She needs at least 2 to help her get up and down. Soon she will be in The Harborage care facility within the Palisades General Hospital North Bergen nj. I will send you info as I get it and some addresses so you cam write her. Eventually she will have a phone and I will send you the number...probably 90 days till she gets her own room there. She’s in good spirits considering. ..but she’s had a lot of year’s since the last time & I think both of us have just been “waiting”. I promise I will keep you up to date...haven’t told many people here trying too keep it quiet so I don’t get “attacked” in the lobby coming & going to see her..lol This building would drive me crazy. You can pass on the info to whom you choose of the “internet-friends” you share. I could only find your email, and I don’t really now the others..i would really appreciate it if you could do that for me. I know she wouldn’t want you guy’s wondering why she’s not answering emails. I will keep you up-to-date as I know anything. Take care....and i’ll be speaking with you soon. Love to you--- Jennifer

Okay, so we now have an address where we will be able to send cards and letters and small gifts if we wish. Jen is now using her own e-mail address - one presumes she is now in possession of Mels computer. I will ask her tonight if she requires anything at this time. And maybe we can take it from there. From the tone of the letter, I suspect Jen is extremely upset and sad. I really don't know how she will cope, and this can't be doing her own illness any good at all.
    When I know more, I'll be back to you. Meantime I better go earn a crust.
  • Happy - A friend of mine posted some beautiful fall color photos. I do miss Wisconsin's autumn glory, just as I miss autumn in New England, but not enough to ever consider moving back to snow country.

Annie - Please wish C a happy birthday from all of us.
  • Shad - Thanks for sharing Jen's post. If you can, please find out how soon Mel will be at the new facility. I'd hate to send cards or letters there and have them toss them if she's not admitted yet. I sent a card to Mel's apartment on Saturday. It should arrive by mid-week; hopefully Jen will get it. I agree, this has to be SO hard on Jen. Having a parent diagnosed with cancer is so difficult...and Jen and her mom are so very close. It was hard for me to cope when I went through it...and I didn't have my own health issues to worry about (as Jen does). I totally understand her wanting to keep it under wraps with the building so she doesn't get deluged with questions.

It's awful that with all the doctor visits and hospital stays Mel had within the past year or so that they didn't find the cancer sooner (especially the grapefruit sized one).
  • Just checking in to keep up to date a bit. I feel badly that I've not been posting in here but this MOD/ADMIN stuff plus all my frassing community volunteer stuff sure cuts into my day. I'll try to pop in more often.
    Still trying hard to adjust to Mel's situation!
  • Michelle
    I'll try to start the abs challenge again starting tomorrow. It will be modified. Wow 6 pounds lost, that's great.

Happy
    You are not the only one that had an allergy attack. I've been cleaning in the file room at work and it's covered in dust/dust bunnies. The night time crew is supposed to clean in there but don't. I sneezed at least 20 times and now I have fluid in my ears. I'll take allergy meds when I get home. I'm jealous of the fall colors. I saw a few maple tree's here this week that are turning.

Shad
    Thanks for the update on Mel. I'm sure this is extremely hard on Jen.

Annie
    Isn't Laura in Missouri this week? I'm glad the lil man had fun at the car show.

----------------------
    I'm going to measure tonight and go for inches lost this time around. Changing it up some.

Told my friend boss this morning that I'm going to stay at least another couple of years, if my body can handle it. My friend is having a hard time adjusting to working full time. And I want my vehicle paid for when I retire.
  • I set up the new thread for October, please no more posts here - go to the new one.

Worldly Chicks - October - Keeping the Sisterhood Tight