Worldlies - no slothing in September - step it up (its Spring)

You're on Page 11 of 14
Go to
  • good going on the exercise Michelle!
  • I was going to call a friend this morning to find out that I had missed two phone calls from the main boss at work. My name was drawn for the monthly drug test. But I missed it. Don't think they are to concerned about me. However, I have started to a nerve med which will show up on a drug test but I don't care. It's on file at the doctor's at the doctor's office. My friend didn't answer the phone.
    If the weather is pretty tomorrow I want to go to the boothill of MO and take some flowers to my grandmother's grave sight. And go in search of a small community that used to be known as Hollywood, MO. It was named that because of all the Holly bushes. My great aunt, grandmother's sister lived there.
    This afternoon I need to mow the lawn. Thank goodness lawn care is drawing to a close.
    ------

Michelle
    You are doing really well with exercising. You and Laura are keepping me motivated.

Happy
    I can't get in and out of Walmart in less than 40 minutes and I need to make a run out there somet time today. I'm begining to add in more solid foods. I miss my raw veggies.

Mel
    Sending you healing vibes. Get well soon.

Annie and Laura Have a good day.
  • Morning all. Happy Thursday. My Friday!! Whoohoo!

Ceejay - I could certainly get rid of some files - I have a bunch of desk (aka "CYA") files that I haven't had to go back to and should really just toss. Enjoy your weekend! Good job on setting a goal to do the TBL workout dvd.

Shad - That early wake up call for your flight must have put you in major sleep deficit! Hope you've caught up on your zzz's!

Michelle - Glad your diabetes book is getting down to specifics for you. Speaking of books - I borrowed the book Following Atticus from the library. I've barely started it, but I think it'll be interesting. So happy to read that you're happy.

Annie - Yummm, beans & weenies. Gosh, now you have me wanting to go to the Costco concession stand for one of their big hot dogs! Ah yes, "jumping through hoops" is an appropriate way to describe the direction our medical insurance enrollment is going at work. Last year they offered $$ to just get a blood workup last fall and this fall. Now, this year's results will also include some kind of personalized health goal that must be achieved in 2014 in order to obtain a 2015 incentive. We'll see how this pans out. Yes, it's absof*ckinglutely ridiculous that the lawmakers putting things like Obamacare in place do not have to live with it.

Happy - Hope Nina comes around with the food. But if that's all she's getting...she'll get hungry and eat it. LOL re her sis not wanting to be near her. How frustrating with your mom. Dare I say that at least your mom mentions these medical matters to you and your sis? My mom doesn't want to be the bearer of any bad news, hence my finding out about an ER visit/heart attack 3 days later!! I read a blurb about that book Coming Clean, and I though it sounded interesting. Maybe I'll recommend it to my mom as well...thankfully she's not what I'd consider a hoarder and is cognizant of having to get rid of a lot of stuff in preparation for a downsizing down the road, but like you said, just reading it will motivate just about anyone to open a closet and start digging around. Yes, Gravity interests me too, and the director did the movie "Children of Men", which I also liked. OMG, can't imagine waiting in a 40 min. checkout lane!! What a busy place, and it was a weekday!?!? Let us know how your display at the shop fared...

==

Nothing much to report. Barre class was good last night. We actually spent substantial time at the barre in class, and it felt very ballet to me because we were putting together different moves. My legs really felt it - there is a lot of toe pointing, foot flexing, etc. Just holding up your arms and contracting the legs and bum make for a good workout. This was on top of my abs challenge. Nine days left of the challenge, two of which are rest days. I have to remember to bring my challenge sheet along with me on my trip.

Having done nothing this week to prep for my trip, I will be doing all that tonight. In about 20 min. I can do an online check-in for my flight, so I'll do that. Not that there's any great seats on this dinky airplane...

Okay going to get this posted before any more interruptions...dang work gets in the way of my private life.
  • Michelle - Good job with the exercise!!

Ceejay - Enjoy your day out and about in the bootheel!!
  • Safe travels and have a really good visit with your Mum Laura!
  • Happy Friday..Yeah!

Sissy and lil man came over for dinner last night. I made tater tot casserole. Wasn't the best job I have ever done on dinner but they ate it anyway. Curtis and SIssy had the rest of the apple pie I made on Monday night.

Tomorrow I am going with Sis and family to the James Dean Car show in Gas City, Indiana. The Ducktail Run. It is one of the biggest car shows in Indiana with over 3000 cars in attendance. It is in the park at Gas City. Lil man is so fasinated with cars and wheels, he will be so excited. First we are going to Ainsley's volleyball game.

Sunday we are going up to Curtis' parent's house to celebrate Cs birthday. He will be 51 on Monday. 9/30. I am sure they are going to have their lil hot dog cook out thing. Bleh. Nasty. I may take something else up for me. I am sure not to starve if I don't eat tho. haha

LAURA...have fun with your momma. Make great memories while you are with her. Safe travels.

HAPPY...poor Nina. I can't wait till your bd, I have the bestest card for you. A gal here at work had to put her 19 year old cat, Mr. Thumbs down yesterday. She is sad today here at work. Mr. Thumbs had two thumbs on each of his front paws. I hear ya on the Obamacare. It is so frustrating for everyone.

CHELLE...great job on the exercise and I am so happy that you are adjusting so well to your life and happy about it. Kudos to you!!

CEEG...Holly is one of my favorists thing and just love Holly bushes. Let me know when you get back if it is still as gorgeous as it was, I may make a trip there myself.

SHADDIE...how you liking the new car?

MELLIE...get well sister, we all miss you! Hugs.

That's about it for me...have a great Friday/weekend in case I don't get back.

Hugs
  • Morning all. At the airport, couple min. Away from boarding. Thanks Annie & Happy. Plsn to have a great time kicking back & celebrating mom's 80th.
  • Morning.
    I'm loving the cool day's of fall so far. Yes it's been in the 80's but no humidity.
    I'm going to a luncheon today to send off a co-worker who is retiring. He was 62 in august. Sigh wish this were me.

-------
    Annie
    I didn't get to go to Hollywood yesterday. I'm thinking it's mostly farm land now.

Shad
    Try to get some rest.

Laura
    Have a safe trip to Mo. Is it this week end? I keep my CYA files in my locker and believe me they have come in handy. I had to look up to see how far back that I could discard some things. The Arkansas Dept of Health regulations says 3 years.on all things. Not sure what the other agencies say so I'm waiting for the friend boss to tell me.

Michelle, Happy, and Shad. :Wave:
  • Morning all,

Happy Friday to yahs. Supposed to get to a high of 80 degrees today - whew! and then the rains will move in and it will drop like a rock and be cold and wet in the 60's tomorrow for the Fall Festival.

Went to the shop yesterday and sure enough, the psycho nut case took apart my staged counter and moved her stuff (that no one is buying) back and did things how she wanted them. So I just moved it all back again. She has 1/3 of the store space for her stuff and yet she encroaches on the rest of the shop area as she pleases. Well sorry sister but "your" area only brings in about 5 percent of the overall sales, particularly now as things slow down. I had a talk with my partner about how I was feeling over the whole situation - still haven't decided what I am going to do yet. Said maybe God put me in this situation to learn a lesson I refuse to learn Afterwards I went to the grocery store and picked up a lot of fresh groceries - it's been a while since I went shopping other than to pick up a few things as I needed them. Got a bag of apples - going to try to make some homemade applesauce - one of the ladies at the store said it was really easy to make and I used to love the homemade apple sauce from one of the orchards in TN. I also will be cooking up the tomato recipes I set aside last week. Figures that I'll wait until it's 80 degrees outside to turn the oven on and bake! Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow and we can go to the Fall Fest Outside of that not much in the way of plans. Nina is holding her own so far but I think her bottom is getting sore although her stomach issues have subsided a bit.

Laura - hope you found a nice show to treat your Mom. Again, have a nice time. I smiled when you said Mom was going through some of her things to pare down her possessions - my Mom said she is doing the same - sure would help us kids out a lot if they really did do that! And yes, sadly a 40 minute wait in the checkout line is typical at our Walmart. Maybe only 20 minutes in the dead of winter and upwards of an hour at the height of summer when the seasonal crowds are all doing their shopping. They make fun of the "people of Walmart" but honestly, it's a whole different crew there at the store - shoppers and worker bees. It's amusing if you aren't in a hurry but if you are, it can get frustrating so I don't shop there much and if I do I try to do it later in the evening if I can. Sounds like you are getting some great stretches and flexibility from your barre class. What a neat idea for exercise!

Ceejay - hope you had a nice luncheon for the coworker. Don't worry - your time will come soon - each day will drag out like a month but when you look over time as a whole it really flies by. We are 3/4 through this year already as an example. Enjoy the nice weather - it gets so pretty once the humidity and bugs move out. You are still a long way away from autumn though.

Annie - C is 4 days older than my sister! Which reminds me that I need to send her birthday card off in the mail. Hope you have a nice birthday get together. I'm with you - if you don't like hot dogs then bring a dish of something you like - extra food always appreciated and no one has to know Wow - that is one humongous car show! I'm sure Lil Man will be in his glory - what is it with little boys and cars I'm sure you will all be tuckered out by the end of the day. How sad for your co-worker although I do love the name Mr. Thumbs. DH said in the B.H. (before Happy) days he had a double pawed cat that he really loved. Most of us will say that losing our pets is one of the most gut wrenching things. For me it's so hard to play God and decide that something is going to die, even though technically they go to sleep rather than suffer a traumatic and painful death. And with someone as young as Nina, we are never sure if there is no hope or will they bounce back if you find the right combination of things...

Shad - hope you got some rest and are full of pep for the upcoming weekend.

Love to you Mel

Still plugging away on the code Michelle? Hope everything snaps into place before the end of the day so you can go home and enjoy the weekend.

Catch up with you later chicks.
  • Laura - Wishing you a wonderful trip and sending happy birthday wishes to your mom!

Ceejay - Good for you on keeping a CYA file. Enjoy your luncheon!

Mellie - Sending you lots of healing energy and hugs.

Annie - Sounds like a wonderful family oriented and fun filled weekend!! Enjoy, sista! And Happy Birthday to C!! He's 21 days younger than me! He's got the best present in the world...your love!

Happy - Our parents certainly can become challenging as they age. I hope we don't get like that. Is Nina continuing to improve? I hope she's not being as finicky about the prescription food.

Shad - I hope you're getting some rest this weekend.

==================
    I took a break from exercise yesterday so that I could do the conference call for my online writing workshop. Today, it'll be back to the gym to ride the recumbent bike.

I'm getting together with some friends tomorrow evening to play cards...and the rest of the weekend will be spent cleaning, doing laundry, going to the dog park, and writing.

Much love and many hugs to all,
  • I'm sorry everyone. I don't think I can write anymore after this.
    This morning from Jen.

I have terrible news for everyone.
    they found large cancer masses in and around mom's cervix and uterus.
    she has constant bleeding now.
    there is a very large tumor pushing on one of her kidneys cutting it off from functioning.
    mom has a team of new doctors and agree with mom not to go for therapy.
    her body is just not up to radiation, chemo and a series of operations.
    all with no guarantee.
    the main reason the drs agree is because this was very fast growing.
    there were no signs of this less than a year ago.
    I just cannot talk to anyone now and stay strong for mom.
    we might be able to bring her home and have hospice here.
    we will see. sorry this is so short. I am worn out and broken hearted..
    I will keep you posted as to any new decisions~ jen
  • Shad - Oh my God! No!! I'm trying to fight back the tears as I'm at work, but I'm not doing a very good job of it. That's just awful about dear Mel! If we send cards or flowers to her apartment, will Jen be able to get them and give them to her? I will continue to pray for Mel, and also for Jen. This is just heartbreaking news.
  • I'm in shock to hear the sad news about mel. Thanks Shad for keeping us informed. I'm so sad.

----------
    Had a good day to go grave hunting. Still didn't find my great grandfather but there's so many old, old graves that is totally unreadable that I could have gone by it and not known. I did put flowers on my grandmothers and great uncles grave.

Laura,
    Enjoy your trip to Mo. If your in Nixa go by Gretchen street and tell my nephew hello.

Michelle
    Everyone deserves a day off from exercise. I'm not doing my DVD tonight as I did a lot of walking at the cemetery. And tomorrow I'll be mowing the lawn. Think I will ride the bike for 2 miles though.

Happy
    What is with this woman at work? Is she manager? I've been thinking about stewed apples. Do they still make red hot candies? Mom used them in the apples.
  • Mel is allergic to perfumes so cards might be okay. I think most people have Mels address. Jen lives in the same building but one floor higher. I'm not sure of the number, but anything addressed to Mel will get to Jen. PM me if you don't have the address
  • My heart is also broken and the tears are flowing. So unfair. Prayers and love.