IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/28/2013

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Thanks for all the tips guys!! Nothing like realizing the funky taste in your mouth is migrating outside of it .

I will definately be looking into breath spray, and keeping mints in stock (hello Amazon Prime!)

Hurray for "Hump Day" being half over!! It's all downhill from here!
  • Is it possible to gain 4 lbs over night? I hope my scale needs a new battery.
  • Quote: Is it possible to gain 4 lbs over night? I hope my scale needs a new battery.
    Yes but it wouldn't be 4 lbs of fat.
    We can retain water like crazy for a multitude of reasons.
    It is SO.HOT here right now that could do it. Increased sodium could do it, so could monthly hormonal changes or stress hormones for another multitude of reasons.

This is why IP recommends NOT engaging in daily weighing
  • Week 2 : Only down 1lb this week but I lost 3 1/2 inches. WOOO HOOO! I love this program!!
  • Question regarding the potato roll recipe. You add water right? The 2 oz it calls for on e package?
  • I have WI number 4 today I am not sure I will be as excited about the scale when I return it is TOM and I always bloat and feel full. Since I know I am 100% on program I am not super concerned about the WI, i know the loses will come as long as I stay on program.
  • Found out I'm pregnant and not at goal.
    Good Hump Day to all of you out there in IPLand. I found out this last weekend that my hubby and I are expecting our fourth and hopefully last child. I succeeded in losing 25lbs while on IP, but was not at my goal weight when I received this news. I spoke with a couple of coaches at my clinic and one told me that I could follow Phase 3 of IP, the other said I should follow Phase 4 of IP, and then also gave me a copy of Phase 1 Alternative for suggestions. I am very confused. I really enjoyed how simple Phase 1 was to follow and I knew exactly what to do. I know that I cannot "lose weight" but I do not want to lose the ground I have covered. Please if anyone out there can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.
  • Quote: Question regarding the potato roll recipe. You add water right? The 2 oz it calls for on e package?
    I dont add water... all I add is egg and baking powder...
  • Okay. I added the water. Lol we'll see how they come out. It just didn't seem to make a "batter" w/o the water
  • Freezing Cold
    Quote: Freezing! I am so cold today. I am sitting in my office with a blanket on! Is this normal? I am on day 11, and I am usually a warm person. Why am I so cold!!!

lilkel244, I find that I'm cold too and I'm only on day 2. But then again, I can tell my body is adjusting.

It will pass...so they say, lol.

Good luck!
  • Ahhh thanks everyone for your replies about the chicken. I do have a Costco membership so I'll go check out their ingredients next time I'm out. But looks like all other grocery stores are a no go. Bummer.

lisa how do you crockpot a full chicken? I've never done that before. Do you just stuff it in there with nothing? Or do you add water/sauces/spices for something to "cook" in?
  • Quote: Okay. I added the water. Lol we'll see how they come out. It just didn't seem to make a "batter" w/o the water
    Mine are always really sticky, almost like a biscuit batter.. but they rise up wonderfully and the inside has the texture of 'bread'.. would be interested to know how they turn out!
  • Potato rolls
    Well they look okay. Waiting to cool to see how they taste.

They cooled very quickly. Just had one with a little ICBINB and I think I moaned al little. Pretty dang good I'd say.
  • My tops were a little more rounded but they do look yummy! I made 1 big one the other day, just used foil as my muffin tin.. then I split it and made a 'burger'... I used sliced chicken, but it would have worked well for a hamburger as well!
  • Quote: Good Hump Day to all of you out there in IPLand. I found out this last weekend that my hubby and I are expecting our fourth and hopefully last child. I succeeded in losing 25lbs while on IP, but was not at my goal weight when I received this news. I spoke with a couple of coaches at my clinic and one told me that I could follow Phase 3 of IP, the other said I should follow Phase 4 of IP, and then also gave me a copy of Phase 1 Alternative for suggestions. I am very confused. I really enjoyed how simple Phase 1 was to follow and I knew exactly what to do. I know that I cannot "lose weight" but I do not want to lose the ground I have covered. Please if anyone out there can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.
    Congrats! Honestly, I'd go to phase 4. This diet is not a well balanced diet enough to maintain the health of either a pregnant woman or the baby. You only need an additional 200-300 calories during pregnancy. I would also really recommend starting walking as well. A strong, healthy mom makes for an easier delivery and recovery. Get a good prenatal vitamin too!

I wanted to share my measurements today. I found it interesting that so far, I've been losing an inch per pound on average. Knowing that is so much more encouraging on those "just a lb down" weeks because it also means, I lost an inch off my body! Although sharing the first set of numbers is hard. I didn't know I was that big! I've lost a total of 41" and 39.8lbs. I'm very interested to see if this trend continues.

Start
    Neck 16"
    Shoulders 47 1/2"
    Chest 46"
    Bicep 14 1/2"
    Waist 42"
    Hips 48 1/2"
    Thigh 23 1/2"
    Calf 15 1/2"

Current
    Neck 13"
    Shoulders 43"