Fall Challenge! Starts Sept 1

You're on Page 6 of 18
Go to
  • I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant for the weight loss part. I am sure if you posted on the general forum there would be a lot of smokers trying to quit.
    I am a big advocate of no smoking. I am a cardiac nurse and know the benefits of what "no smoking" can do for the body. I can send you information if you need help. I recommend Chantix it has worked for a lot of people.
  • Mrs Kevin, congrats on your decision to stop smoking

Don't know what I can do for you in that department other than to cheer you on. I did not "quit" smoking, being as I just could not quit. But I did stop smoking and that was 37 years ago (spring of 1976) from 4 packs a day of stinking smoking choking hacking and coughing chain smoking to a cold turkey stop.

If I had not of stopped, I would not be here today writing this. I wish my dad and one sister and one brother had of stopped also when they could have and when it would have done some good. They are stopped now, but they have also ceased breathing. If you or someone starts a thread on stopping smoking I would be pleased to tell my story of my struggles and triumphs and tips etc and cheer ya all on.

Good luck to ya

B F R

P. S. Did ya know that is a fact that 99.99% of all chain smokers.............. ...... do not smoke chains??????
  • I need to leave for work so this is just a quick post to log this weeks weight loss:
    SW: 154.6 CW: 153.6
    Must. Try. Harder.
    Hope everyone's well
  • Today was my weigh-in day -

8/29: 186
    9/5: 187

On my period this week I usually see a big woosh afterwards so here's hoping to seeing a big loss next week.
  • Cleancowgirl: I follow a ton of blogs as well, but I subscribe to a meal-plan by holistic squid for clean eating. Makes dinners a breeze! It is not easy but I feel so much better that even if I didn't lose weight, I would want to eat this way. It is amazing what your body can do if you nourish it properly

Penguin: I remember you too! Looks like we both came back at the same time. Hope you had a good time with your parents yesterday

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
  • patchworkpenguin, those sticks must be delicious. Or maybe she's just flossing. I hope you are feeling better.

Hope130, plateaus are hard. Are you doing anything fun to mix it up and catch your body off guard?

TXHappygirl, I'm ready to roll with you!

Teeni, hold tight!!!!! If you do or did slip, just grab tight again. As for weighing, I think it is however often you feel comfortable. I weight every day but I'll probably only post my weight once or twice a week. Unless I'm struggling, then I'll post more. You should post as often as you need to make it work for you.

Mrs Snark, looking forward to your drop tomorrow! I watch the Walking Dead. It's a great way to motivate yourself. I gave away my treadmill after years of not using it. Kind of regret that now. But I've done the Sansone walking videos while watching tv. Does make the time go faster.

tavvy, I mentioned in another thread, that 4 lbs is amazing. It bears repeating. Amazing!

MrsKevin, good luck with quitting smoking. I've never smoked, but when I was a kid both my parents quit at the same time. Little stressful and angry time in the house at the time, but well worth it. I think seeing how hard it was for them kept me away from smoking.

CoolMom75, guilt is a great motivator. Just having to look into that little face and deny them a walk makes not walking hard. I really should use my dog more.

Emula, a pound is still a pound. So good job!

toodles11, good luck on the whoosh!!
  • Arrgh! I somehow managed to pick up a stomach bug. I had to leave knitting early, cancel lunch and this evening, too. I'm starting to feel better at least.

My back is much improved, also.
  • I'd love to join in this challenge if I'm not to late. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teen and I'm ready to make some big changes. I think my goal is to lose 20 lbs. I'm confident if I try hard enough I might just make it!
  • Glad to have you with us, Aayden! If you state your start weight and goal weight (for this 2 month challenge) Cleancowgirl will add you to her nifty tracking spreadsheet!
  • Whoops, sorry about that. Start weight is 290, goal weight is 270.
  • What a great idea I love these challenge threads and want to use them as a way to motivate me to stick to goal.

Weigh in day: Monday. Weighed myself Wed and was 101.4kg

My goal by the end of October 31: 95kg

Good luck everyone! Going to go to the gym today after work to kick start my weightloss goals
  • Oh no Patchworkpenguin you poor thing! I hope you're better soon!

Welcome Aayden and mzshaunna
  • Welcome mzshaunna!

Well. I just had to wait to eat dinner until 9 pm last night and I just HAD to have an Indian frozen meal and add a bunch of soy sauce and sriracha, so that on my official weigh day this morning I am up .2 lbs to 149.8.

Drat! That was kinda stupid. Oh well. I've been daily weighing and I was so excited to see 148 yesterday, so I will have an extra good weigh in next Friday! Something to look forward to!
  • Today is my official weigh in day. I'm 311.6! Holy crap!! I went over my calories by like 400 this past Tuesday because of my moms birthday (steak house and yummy homemade lemon coconut pound cake...*drool*) and yet I lost 3.4lbs.... I might actually make my goal of 300 by Halloween.
  • I'm feeling better today, but I'm still nervous about eating anything. Hopefully, its run its course and I can get back to normal. Hubby comes home today at least.

I need to try to clean house, at least. Its been a while, and I didn't do yesterday's laundry either.

Jen, great surprise!

Welcome, Aayden and Shaunna, glad to have you join us.