poll: how often do you weigh yourself?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: had you just evacuated your bowels??
    I don't think so... I have been taking colace every other day to help with any clogging problems.. not sure why I would weigh more in the morning when I usually weigh less...its not like I sat up all night and ate! lol
  • Quote: I don't think so... I have been taking colace every other day to help with any clogging problems.. not sure why I would weigh more in the morning when I usually weigh less...its not like I sat up all night and ate! lol
    nah i was more thinking if you just had a good poo you might see it on the scales .....but who knows such is the life of a daily weigher
  • Quote: nah i was more thinking if you just had a good poo you might see it on the scales .....but who knows such is the life of a daily weigher

Funny cause I get this
  • Only on IP does talking about poo seem so normal and casual... I have a friend doing IP as well, it has come up in conversation many times.
  • There is no logical way you could weigh more the next morning than you did the evening before unless you drank/ate something....if you didn't your scale must have malfunctioned one of the times...
  • RIGHT!?!? I was dumbfounded... I weighed right after my shower then went to bed... nothing to eat or drink before I weighed in the AM... its a new scale.. crazy
  • Quote: RIGHT!?!? I was dumbfounded... I weighed right after my shower then went to bed... nothing to eat or drink before I weighed in the AM... its a new scale.. crazy
    that is crazy!
    was it in a different spot than normal?

anyhow..this goes to show us that the scale is a tool and to take the numbers just as a guide....and track only your weekly wi
  • I weigh every day and 3 times (at least) a day. Morning, afternoon and night. BUT I don't let it drive me crazy or become obsessive about it. Okay well I am obsessed with weighing in but don't let the numbers get me down etc.
  • I put it in the same spot every day... lol I only mentioned it because I thought it was weird... it’s not driving me crazy..

It was the first time in weeks I weighed myself for a second time at night.. I can honestly say that because of what happened last night I am gonna do it again tonight to see what happens.. cus now I am curious.. lol
  • I weigh a couple times of day, and record both on a calendar. I typically compare my weight to a week prior, rather than day to day comparisons.
  • Can I ask WHY you all weigh multiple times per day?
    What is a logical, rational reason?
  • I almost always weigh more in the morning on the diet than in the afternoon and at night... it facinates me lol.

I don't know, I just think it's weird how much weight changes during the day... I am weird and am a bit OCD.
  • Like I stated more than once, I do not normally weigh myself more than once a day. Before last night it had been a few weeks since I had double weighed. I don't know what prompted me to weigh myself after my shower.. I just did and had unexpected results... esp when I weighed myself again this morning (like I usually do) and found that I had gained weight over night... I thought it was funny.. not sure why people are getting bent outta shape over it!
  • Maybe it's because I'm still new to the program, but I weigh every morning with no clothes....but I also weigh in the middle of the night sometimes just because I'm fascinated with the losses. If losses stall i will probably not be so obsessive about checking the scale.
  • When I am faithfully sticking to a plan and losing weight, I weigh every day, add the numbers at the end of 7 days and take the average; that's my WEEKLY weigh in that I record on my signature. I learned this years ago reading the Heller's books. I think it gives a more accurate picture. I don't get upset if the number goes up or down by .2 or something. I also don't get crushed if that ONCE a week weigh in is slightly up.