Christmas Challenge anyone??

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • So let me know if you think I should do this each week ... Im absolutely stoked what the team total is already!! Over 20 pounds!!! WOW!!!
  • I think this is a great idea... and the form looks great too... and WOOHOO for 20 pounds already as a group!!!

Once again thank you for putting this together and starting the challenge... I know it is motivating me for one!!!
  • Nightkatt:

1 - I will keep a track of everyones goals and post them updated each Wednesday which will hopefully give everyone time enough to update their stats, it will be good to see the total our Xmas team has lost as a group ... as well as how well everyone is doing heading for their targets
    Great idea, love the spreadsheet but I am an Excel fan!!!!

2 - Would love everyone to take a before and after photo to be able to post when we get to the end of our challenge ... I would love to see a gallery of everyone ... I really hate pictures of myself...but...enjoy seeing others!!!

3 - Xmas card exchange - if you think its a good idea maybe we could put together a list of everyone that wants to participate and I will message that to each member that is on the list and we can share Xmas cards
    This would be fun too.

The only real problem I see with these suggestions is that it is going to be REALLY hard not to lose weight with this group!!!
  • Isles ... I know what you mean about the photos .. my hunny is a photographer and he always wants me to pose for him when he has something new to try or a new lens or something .. and I hate it .. I think he has only talked me into it about 2 times lol .. but Im going to get him to take a photo of me this weekend ... and Im going to try to do it every 6 weeks .. I suppose I am looking at it as another challenge on my journey. Seeing myself as I really am, not as I think I am (as I avoid mirrors too .. or at least only glance .. if longer its just my face). I cant say I have many pics I am happy with .. but its real .. and its me .. and Im tired of hiding ... I dont think I will ever reach that point of loving myself .. but I do like who I am and Im getting to grips with what I look like .. but I figure how can I get to liking what I look like if I am too ashamed to show it and hide myself instead.

I am a BBW ... a Voluptuous Vixen lol ... I dont want to stay this big .. but Im not aiming to be what would probably be referred to as "ideal" weight .. I have been close to it once in my adult life and I hated my body even more as all I saw was bones sticking out everywhere .. soooo ... My journey is not just about the weight .. but about the acceptance of who I am regardless of my size, weight, wrinkles or scars. This is a journey which I hope will be entertaining, educational, fun and genuine. I know side roads will appear .. and chances are I will take a few ... but the goal to happiness of self is never going to change .. maybe just the numbers

I appreciate not everyone will want to do the photo part .. but I hope that those that do take the chance to show their pride in what they have achieved (even if its just a happier face cos you feel better) over the next 4 months will encourage those that are wary to join in ... try taking a pic now .. you can always delete it later on .. or keep it as a reminder for yourself.

Hugs

PS - I chose the pdf as I am on a mac and its more universal lol .. but I can do excel, numbers and pdf and post them all so that everyone can use their faves lol
  • Oh.. I can't open that file.... But that is ok... I can watch what people post and that is AOK with me !

Love this thread NightKatt!!! Thank you for starting this... There are so many nice and fun people here too! Makes it even more fun to lose (lbs that is!! ) and that you are getting married to your Hunny too Yeah.. What a really happy goal to strive for and enjoy every step up to!
  • That is a great chart Nightkatt...thanks for taking the time to create it!!! I took a photo for now that I can post with the later. Really hoping for some BIG changes! I am pretty lucky that I have a pretty positive self image...I usually like myself, if not the body I am in. It sure would be a nice change though, to like both me and my body. I'm not into the Christmas card idea...just because I have a huge family and the holidays are really stressful...
    Once again, thanks for the motivation!!!
  • Great idea! I need to kick things up a notch--and I think tracking weekly progress (my own and others'!) will be very inspiring.

WEEK 1 - 8/12 N.W.I.
    WEEK 2 - 8/19 - START: 271.8
    WEEK 3 - 8/26 - N.W.I.
    WEEK 4 - 9/02 - 275
    WEEK 5 - 9/09 - 272.8
    WEEK 6 - 9/16 - 272. Not in leaps and bounds, but down!
    WEEK 7 - 9/23 - 271 (Another small accomplishments!)
    WEEK 8 - 9/30 - 267.4 Woot, woot! Very excited. Hope I can keep it off and moving down.
    WEEK 9 - 10/07 - 260!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes today!!!
    WEEK 10 -10/14 -
    WEEK 11 -10/21 -
    WEEK 12 -10/28 -
    WEEK 13 -11/04 -
    WEEK 14 -11/11 -
    WEEK 15 -11/18 -
    WEEK 16 -11/25 -
    WEEK 17 -12/02 -
    WEEK 18 -12/09 -
    WEEK 19 -12/16 -
    WEEK 20 -12/23 -

~ ~ ~ Christmas Challenge! ~ ~ ~

Starting weight: 271.8
    Goal Weight: 230 (roughly 2 lbs per week)
    Actual end weight (December 23):
  • Well, right now for me, the photo I use for my profile is my most current, but it doesn't show all of me. Hahaha... I have no problem uploading a photo when I get home from work!

As for the Christmas card exchange, sounds like fun.
  • Couldn't find this forum yesterday.. but here I am today!

Aug 19-225
    Aug 26-
    Sep 02-
    Sep 09-
    Sep 16-
    Sep 23-
    Sep 30-
    Oct 07-
    Oct 14-
    Oct 21-
    Oct 28-
    Nov 04-
    Nov 11-
    Nov 18-
    Nov 25-
    Dec 02-
    Dec 09-
    Dec 16-
    Dec 23-199
  • Well, Nightkatt...I may be brave and do the picture thing...I have never figured out how to do that...where people take their own picture in a mirror????

Your post has inspired me...I am old and want to be healthy again. I have fibro so this is a long journey for me...maybe, just maybe you are right.. seeing myself as I really am...

Oh...you struck a sore spot with me...
    Quote:
    as I avoid mirrors too ..
    I guess you are going for "seeing is believing???

Quote:
    but I figure how can I get to liking what I look like if I am too ashamed to show it and hide myself instead.
    OUCH!!!! hit the nail on that one.

Quote:
    My journey is not just about the weight .. but about the acceptance of who I am regardless of my size, weight, wrinkles or scars. This is a journey which I hope will be entertaining, educational, fun and genuine. I know side roads will appear .. and chances are I will take a few ... but the goal to happiness of self is never going to change .. maybe just the numbers
    Love this...THANK YOU AGAIN.....
  • Hello everyone .. I just feel so motivated and inspired watching everyone on their challenge .. everyone facing different issues, some visible and some not so noticeable ... regardless they are all things that we face each day .. and quite frankly I think POSITIVE DAILY UPDATES are needed .. not just a weekly weigh in ... so.. how about we each think of at least ONE thing that is positive about our day .. if you are struggling to find anything .. how about IM BREATHING! (even if its not easily lol).

I think when we are on these sorts of journeys its like a self discovery. I have thoughts quite often ... am I being selfish thinking of myself .. how Im feeling .. how Im looking .. and I do get told that its not selfish because its going to give a better us to those we love .. but then I think .. but its like giving up smoking ... or drinking .. or drugs .. should you not make the journey to a healthier you for yourself and not for others??

Not long after I joined this site I had such great intentions .. I wanted to be better for my family .. I wanted to be able to do things with them and for them which because I was so overweight I couldnt do comfortably. But then my world fell apart .. I lost 2 dear pets (and believe me I am very attached to my animals), my aunt, my 11 year old nephew and almost my sister in the course of 6 months. I had to be so strong for everyone else I forgot to be strong for me and let myself cave in to my cravings for comfort. And then I had the guilt for using them as a reason to put myself in an even worse state. Its taken me a long time to get my headspace right again ..

Last year my sister was diagnosed with melanoma with a 60% chance of keeping her around for another 6 months. My sister is the most awesome person in my life. She refused to believe what the doctors have said .. she has changed her whole lifestyle in ways I could never imagine doing ... and now over a year on she has just come back from her first big OE to Italy/Germany .. and she is still going strong. What an inspiration .. and how can I look at her and let myself give in to something that I dont need in the journey to improve my life.

I would love to know what challenges you all face ... even if its a little one .. or if you would rather pm me that is fine. I think I find inspiration in seeing how people keep persevering regardless of what is happening in their life/health.

For me .. I have been in 14 car accidents (none of which I was driving and I was always the only one injured). I get tired very easy and have recently had to give up full time work because I just cant make it through a day. I am retraining in an area I never thought I would go near .. cosmetics lol .. I have 2 grandkids and another one on the way .. which my hunny and I help to support .. not the best situation, but its family, what can you do? On the plus side .. Down a long path which I started on almost 20 years ago .. I have learned to like who I am .. I am still learning to curb the guilt I feel over things I shouldnt feel guilty about ... and I am open and a free spirit .. and at 42 I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up lol ..

Hope I havent bored you .. but would love to hear more about you all

Katt
  • Good morning everyone! Still going strong here, pretty easy now that there aren't any cravings. Currently teaching my puppy stay, she is whiningabout it but doing great .
  • I just wanted to say how excited I am to join you all next Monday. I think this is just the motivation I need! Thank you for organizing this... I feel inspired!!
  • I'm a little late
    Would love to join if that's still ok...
    Goal is to lose 45lbs by Christmas (2.5lbs per week) That will put me on track for my first major goal which will be down 82lbs since my heaviest (half way to what I would love to lose one day) and also at the weight I need to be before the fertility Dr is happy to give me treatment so I can try and have a baby.

Starting weight (for challenge) 8/21: 276

8/28 -
    9/4 -
    9/11 -
    9/18 -
    9/25 -
    10/2 -
    10/9 -
    10/16 -
    10/23 -
    10/30 -
    11/6 -
    11/13 -
    11/20 -
    11/27 -
    12/4 -
    12/11 -
    12/18 -
    12/25 -
  • Quote: I know .. you are probably thinking "CHRISTMAS???!!!", but really its not as far away as I thought it was .. and I actually am only challanging to the end of November ... but it gives us a little leeway to take it through to Christmas.

I have a second reason for doing this Challenge .. I need to reach my second goal (which is just a step on my journey) before my wedding which is on the 11th December .. gives me enough time for final dress fittings lol. So my starting weight is actually from last Monday when I started this (18 weeks to wedding day!! (plus a day or two lol) .. so I have to target about 2.2 pounds a week minimum ..

So who wants to join in? Would love you to join me .. will have weigh ins (updates) on Mondays if that is ok for everyone .. this way it also gives you a chance to read this and join in from tomorrow Or whenever!! If you want to start in the middle of the week .. no prob .. just adjust the weigh in dates

Hope to see you on the boards.

TARGET - 53 pounds

WEEK 1 - 12/8 - 317.3 lb Difference - 0 START
    WEEK 2 - 19/8 -
    WEEK 3 - 26/8 -
    WEEK 4 - 02/9 -
    WEEK 5 - 09/9 -
    WEEK 6 - 16/9 -
    WEEK 7 - 23/9 -
    WEEK 8 - 30/9 -
    WEEK 9 - 07/10 -
    WEEK 10 - 14/10 -
    WEEK 11 - 21/10 -
    WEEK 12 - 28/10 -
    WEEK 13 - 04/11 -
    WEEK 14 - 11/11 -
    WEEK 15 - 18/11 -
    WEEK 16 - 25/11 -
    WEEK 17 - 02/12 -
    WEEK 18 - 09/12 -

(We will carry on if you want or have time in the yule season lol)

Hey girls, I believe you're welcome to jump in at anytime, just adjust dates and post positive affirmations daily to keep focused.
    Nightkat is a sweetie and I'm so glad for this challenge , thanks Nightkat!!