Is hirsutism forever?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • For me the hair and the hormone issues both came long before the fat. So, getting skinny wouldn't likely solve it. 60lbs down and not a lot of improvement so far. In fact, I think it is getting worse because of peri-menopause.
  • I have PCOS and the facial hair is horrible, I have to shave everyday or else I will look like I have a full grown beard. I have tried waxing, I have tried a medication that is supposed to make the hair grow in less, it didn't work for me.
  • I have PCOS & I have hair incredibly bad. It is a constant source of my depression.

My hair is VERY dark & VERY thick. Imagine a very hairy man and that is what I have going on with my face. If I didn't shave daily I would have a full on beard. Even with shaving an hour later you still can see the 5'o clock shadow.

I can not wax because I would have to let it grow in enough to have it done every 2-4 weeks. I pluck some of the worse chin hairs though but it is impossible for me to pluck it all.

I looked into lazer and such removal but researching it, they say for hair like mine it often does not work. The price is out of my range as well & I just could not spend that money + go through the pain for something that doesn't work.

I was told that once I have my health under control it will reduce the hair alot. I pray for that. Without the thought IDK how I would get by.