Maintainers Augmenting Their Health & Fitness Through August

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Saturday - two nice little walks in the drizzle. 6500 steps.
  • August 18: 15 miles running (2:05:53)
    30 Minutes foam rolling
    Yard work (1:20)
  • Sunday - 9,000 steps.
  • Sunday, August 18th:

15 minutes Stairmaster
    60 minutes shoulders, bicep & tricep routine
    45 minute spin class
    Also some squats in the Smith machine
  • Quote: August 15: planned exercise didn't happen

August 16: 33 minutes running in Arizona heat

Totals:
    18 workouts
    1488 minutes
    August 17: home from Arizona and I went to bikram. It was so hard! I think it was a combination of 3 days of not doing yoga, the travel, the heat in Arizona, and the high amounts of sodium and fat in my unplanned foods. I was hoping to sweat some of it out but it didn't go as planned. I got HOT and didn't sweat for awhile. I had trouble with some of the poses too.

95 minutes Bikram yoga

August 18: much better day today at bikram. I did one class at 11 am and it was awesome. I felt strong and much better than yesterday. I went home, showered, had lunch, and went back for another class at 4 pm. I rarely do two classes in one day. It was so much harder to do the second class. I started sweating immediately and dripped sweat through class (it was also 100 degrees outside). Very good class though and I didn't quit. I'm hoping some of the water weight will be gone tomorrow.

total of 200 minutes of Bikram today

Totals:
    21 workouts
    1783 minutes
  • August 17: 13.3 mile hike, Dix Mountain., 9.5 hours

August 18: REST DAY

August 19 AM: 1.19 miles on treadmill in 10 min, DB bench press, DB shoulder press, cable lat pulldown, DB lat raises.
  • Monday, August 19th:

Wanted to run but it was still too dark outside & my running route is a wooded park -- not a good idea around here. This made me realize how the summer is passing, because of the later sunrise time.

So instead ...

60 minutes arc trainer, hands free, hill intervals, put the resistance at 10 and definitely found that doable. So I've worked up from nine at last.
  • Good call saef! One positive thing about running with my dogs - I feel pretty safe.

August 19: P90X Kempo
    20 minutes foam rolling
    45 minutes ab and core - including first time doing roman chair leg raises - let's just say I am a WUSS!!!
  • Quote: August 17: home from Arizona and I went to bikram. It was so hard! I think it was a combination of 3 days of not doing yoga, the travel, the heat in Arizona, and the high amounts of sodium and fat in my unplanned foods. I was hoping to sweat some of it out but it didn't go as planned. I got HOT and didn't sweat for awhile. I had trouble with some of the poses too.

95 minutes Bikram yoga

August 18: much better day today at bikram. I did one class at 11 am and it was awesome. I felt strong and much better than yesterday. I went home, showered, had lunch, and went back for another class at 4 pm. I rarely do two classes in one day. It was so much harder to do the second class. I started sweating immediately and dripped sweat through class (it was also 100 degrees outside). Very good class though and I didn't quit. I'm hoping some of the water weight will be gone tomorrow.

total of 200 minutes of Bikram today

Totals:
    21 workouts
    1783 minutes
    Aug 19: 95 min bikram yoga

Totals:
    22 workouts
    1878 minutes
  • August 20: 7.25 miles running (58:35)
    20 minutes foam rolling
    45 minutes weight lifting (chest shoulders biceps)
  • I have over 10,700 steps for today. I think next week I'm going to split my strength circuit and add in some intensity intervals into it. I just learned to run (at age 43) and I'll be doing more of that on my cardio days. I did 5x 1 minute sprints today with 5 minutes walking in between.
  • 8/20: 15 min HIIT on treadmill, calf raises, DB split squats, Roman chair leg raises, planks
  • Wednesday, 21 August:

Ran 4.27 miles through the wooded park this morning, as I had a little more time to wait before driving into the office.
  • August 21: 45 minutes weight lifting (lower back glutes legs)
  • Thursday, 22 August:

60 minutes elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine, really tough today
    60 minute Pilates class, a disappointment, as the substitute teacher did a barre workout and then weights -- very light weights with high reps, as she's enamored of the Tracey Anderson Method. I'd been trying to rest my right arm this week and this morning it's sore.