"Catch" phrases that really "move" you

• I have been thinking of little phrases that keep me going... so add to my list!!

1. The more you sit, the more you'll want to sit. The more you MOVE the more you'll want to move!!

2. If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

3. Skinny is as Skinny Does

4. I don't want to grow up to be a fat old lady.
  • If you really want to, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.
  • ooooo good one!!
  • If you "sort of" follow a program you will "sort of" get results.

• This can apply to a diet.. but I apply to my life:

Keep it simple Stupid!

and from my favourite movie, "what about Bob?" - BABY STEPS!!!

good thread Beth Anne!
  • Nothing taste as good as thin feels...
  • You can do it! (must be said the voice from Adam Sandler's movie, "Big Daddy.")

"We should consider every day lost in which we do not dance at least once." -Nietzsche

"This thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford
  • From my Senior Lit class, we studdied Hyakawa (I know I spelled his name wrong)...he has a quote that I LOVE and use it in every aspect of my life.

"For Every Action, There Is An EQUAL and OPOSITE re-action"
  • I thought that was Sir Issac Newton.
  • Maybe Hyakawa re-stated Newton...who knows...all I know is that it is a good quote...don't really care who did the quoting...LOL
  • I love:
    This is the rest of your life...
    And:
    I am not a quitter. I will fight until I drop. That is a strength that is in my sinew...It is just a matter of having some faith in the fact that as long as you are able to draw breath in this universe, you have a chance.

It's long, but I have it taped to my desk and I read it several times a day when I wonder why I'm not eating the cake that's tempting me in the kitchen down the hall.
  • Amy, you forgot your tag line which is my favorite: One should eat to live, not live to eat.
  • Hello all,

Generally post on the 20-somethings board, but always check in here for much inspiration.

Wanted to give you my favourite quote from a Canadian woman who was one of the driving forces in securing women in Canada the vote:

Never condemn.
    Never complain.
    Never apologize.
    Get the thing done and let them HOWL!

(Nellie McClung)

I think that this quote applies equally to the weight loss struggle!

Kris
    261-186-155
  • I've put this in another post, but . . .

Live the life you've always dreamed of.
  • My favorites are:

I am the Captain of my own Destiny!!

I am steering this ship!