August 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • In case a moderator gets a message, I accidentally hit the red exclamation mark when I meant to hit the reply button. Sorry about the confusion.

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    KCM's Start Here - Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work Premix w/5's
    TF Fire 45
    Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners - Standing Section

Teacher It looks like I accidentally reported your post. Cody just knocked over DH's plastic cup with water. I cleaned up the water and just gave the cup to Cody since he just put holes in it from his teeth. He's pushing it and chasing it around the house right now. It has kept him busy for at least 30 minutes now. He is not interested in his toys, nope, he's interested in a plastic cup.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Enjoy your evening.
  • Diana- my mom gives her dog empty milk jugs to play with but my silly boxer will tear them up and eat them He's not the brightest. He also eats rocks.

today- ymca pilates 45 min, swimming at my parent's house, and house cleaning. I'm wiped out!!
  • Quote: Diana- my mom gives her dog empty milk jugs to play with but my silly boxer will tear them up and eat them He's not the brightest. He also eats rocks.

today- ymca pilates 45 min, swimming at my parent's house, and house cleaning. I'm wiped out!!
    Teacher Does he eat the rocks whole or does he break them up? Does he pass them? How is your hip doing?
  • Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! Happy Weekend to all!

Last night I added on:
    Twist and Rest premix from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Enjoy your day!
  • Diana- he eats the rocks whole and them throws them up He did it a lot as a puppy and now just does if every once in a while. The internet says they eat rocks out of boredom and lack of attention. This bothered me a lot since when he was a puppy he went to daycare everyday I was at work and I always had a puppy sitter for him when we went out. It's not like I left him outside for hours. The only time he went out was for potty time. The vet said some dogs are just eat things. I've calmed down about it over the years. My little dog tears up blanket and pillows. She loved to pull out stuffing. We gone through so many blankets that now I just buy the cheap ones from Target. She's getting better with age but she still has her moments.

today- swimming at my parent's house
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Andrea Metcalf Quick Fit Cardio (I used #1 hand weights during the boxing sections)

Teacher It sounds like you have your hands full at times. My little terror got on my last nerve today. He bit me on the back of my arm, on the sensitive area. He was just playing, I know. I can't wait for the biting stage to end, unless the next stage is worse. I ignored him and gave him the cold shoulder. He has had a bad attitude and has been sulking ever since. It's a vicious cycle. I know you are a good "mama" and take very good care of your little ones. All dogs are different, so I wouldn't take the internet advice personally.
  • Diana- Thanks! I hope your arm feels better. Giving the cold shoulder is a great strategy. My dogs are all about attention. I forgot to answer about my hip. It's about the same. Some days it hurts a little more and than it gets better. But it's not healing all the way. I'm frustrated but I have to admit I haven't been doing the pilates and yoga except yesterday, I went to pilates. I'm going to do my home yoga video this weekend. Next week will be random workouts since the y is doing the annual flooring cleanings so no inside exercise class from Tues-Tues. I'm going to try for 2 pilates and 2 yoga classes per week but at least 1 and see if that helps my hip.

Last night I added on:
    7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
    Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!
  • Hi everyone!!!

Laura should be back soon

today- swimming at my parent's house
  • Hi everyone,

I am nearing the end of wk 11 of TF. Just completed HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30 yesterday and I'm feeling a little sore... AWESOME! So excited to try Fire 60 soon... it looks like so much fun and the music is crazy.
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week

I had to go up to my Mom's house today. Everything took longer than I anticipated, so I didn't get to do an additional workout. A few weeks back I followed up with the real estate agent about my Mom's house. His wife works with him and they did a walk through on the house. They felt it would be better if the house was cleaned and the remainder of the furniture removed. They put me in contact with a lady that works with them cleaning houses, etc. The funny thing is that I went to school with her and her whole family. I arranged to sell things to her, her family, friends, etc. She was to completely clean the house from top to bottom and remove everything. She also knew someone that does heat, a/c, and refrigeration work. My Dad has a lot of parts and equipment in the garage. I met the guy today at the house. He started looking through the stuff and knew exactly what the stuff was. I was thrilled to have someone there who would be able to put the stuff to good use. He asked how much I wanted for it. I told him to make an offer. He offered me more than I even thought he would. I am suppose to meet him back there next week to look at more of the stuff. It was so weird to see that house completely empty. I am very happy to have gotten the house cleaned, cleared out, the stuff went to people who wanted it, and I ended up with a few extra bucks. Any extra stuff that didn't move is in the garage. I have talked with the same lady about the garage. After we finish selling the stuff in there, she will get a family member to help clean the garage. It is such a relief for me to have this help. I am grateful the real estate agent knows people to help with all of this.

Teacher Have you had a chance to do the yoga workout?

Precious Little Good job on the TF!

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!
  • Precious Little- congrats!!!

Diana- yep, I did my home yoga workout... but I get so bored. Hopefully, once the Sept y schedule come out maybe I can find a yoga class that fits my schedule. Wow, you've made a lot of progress in your mom's house. I'm sure it's emotional.

today- swimming at my parent's house & home yoga video