~~August Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 13 of 13
Go to
  • Hi surgery postponed till next week be home fri will explain rosary
  • Oh, Rosey.... what happened? I know you were psyched for this... and now, hurry up and wait!
  • Rosey...so sorry you have to wait longer. I shipped off a get well package yesterday to Anchorage hospital, it should arrive Saturday. Maybe you can call them and have them hold it for you.
  • me too me too I sent a card to the hospital....well they will surely know that a star is coming!
  • Rosey. I'm so sorry!! I hate it when you have things all ready and then something changes!
  • Hi Rosey,

Anxious to read what happened. Hopefully, it was your wish and not theirs.

Lynn
  • Hi everyone just got home a little while ago..aghhh what a bummer. the clerk in the dr's office booked my surg on the wrong day and then didnt call me to let me know.it was her mistake and she apoligized,i dont think the dr even knew as she didnt mention it. maybe the clerk was covering her butt. since i want agood rapoor(sp?) with my dr i decided not to make a fuss. i was all set,left early thurs morning 4 dogs in the car,drove to anchorage a 4 hr drive,stopped for my preop and got the news. i handeled it well,steve did not. yikes. we went to my dd's and spent the nite and came home today. the correct surg is next friday the 6th,after my lab results showing how healthy i am the dr says i dont have to stay in the hosp at all now just in the area after the surg.so it will be day surg unless i have a complication. so will recover at my daughters till i get the all clear to come home. im sry about the cards and things i will call them and see if i can get them next week. thankyou so much for all your caring. lots of restrictions,no bending or lifting,keep the binder on at all times recline as much as i can, take antibiotics,no showering(just pta baths ) make sure that anyone that touches me wash there hands,and me too befor i empty the drains.. i wish they had called me as both my girls took time off from work to be with me and they cant afford an oops like that or us for the extra gas etc. anyways maybe there was a reason behind all this and next friday is abetter day. i always look for the full cup and not the half. steves the exact opposite and wanted to rip them a new you know what,but i told him no as i wanted steady hands from my dr,not a disturbed one. so he kept quiet but i could feel the steam blowing from his ears. anyways im home. i'll check in later ttfn rosey
  • Quote: Hi everyone just got home a little while ago..aghhh what a bummer. the clerk in the dr's office booked my surg on the wrong day and then didnt call me to let me know.it was her mistake and she apoligized,i dont think the dr even knew as she didnt mention it. maybe the clerk was covering her butt. since i want agood rapoor(sp?) with my dr i decided not to make a fuss. i was all set,left early thurs morning 4 dogs in the car,drove to anchorage a 4 hr drive,stopped for my preop and got the news. i handeled it well,steve did not. yikes. we went to my dd's and spent the nite and came home today. the correct surg is next friday the 6th,after my lab results showing how healthy i am the dr says i dont have to stay in the hosp at all now just in the area after the surg.so it will be day surg unless i have a complication. so will recover at my daughters till i get the all clear to come home. im sry about the cards and things i will call them and see if i can get them next week. thankyou so much for all your caring. lots of restrictions,no bending or lifting,keep the binder on at all times recline as much as i can, take antibiotics,no showering(just pta baths ) make sure that anyone that touches me wash there hands,and me too befor i empty the drains.. i wish they had called me as both my girls took time off from work to be with me and they cant afford an oops like that or us for the extra gas etc. anyways maybe there was a reason behind all this and next friday is abetter day. i always look for the full cup and not the half. steves the exact opposite and wanted to rip them a new you know what,but i told him no as i wanted steady hands from my dr,not a disturbed one. so he kept quiet but i could feel the steam blowing from his ears. anyways im home. i'll check in later ttfn rosey
    Hi Rosey,

I am SO SORRY. Yes, maybe next Friday was meant to be the day. Please post or email your dd's address so that we can send cards.

Lynn
  • Ditto on the address for your DD, Rosey.... and what good news that you won't have to stay in the hospital for 10 days (we HOPE!).... KEEP US POSTED!!!
  • Bless you Rosey for the kind and gentle person you are, I would have been furious. The box I sent the hospital isn't there yet, it has a tracking number on it and will notify me when it gets there. I'll let you know or maybe you can just tell them to keep it until next week.

I'll post the September thread later with some pictures of the house.
  • Rosey -- You really did handle it well -- getting angry and causing a ruckus would not have changed anything for the better. However, it was really inexcusable and had to be really hard to handle. Because of the distance and your daughters wanting to be there, it caused a lot of difficulty for a lot of people. People make mistakes -- and not nearly as severe as mistakes doctors can make, but there is still no excuse for people not checking dates, following up and communicating, when that is their job. I think they owe you and your family big time. I have faith, though, that your doctor will do an excellent job, you will soon be past the recovery period and all of this will fade into the background. Wishing only the best for you.

Sassy
  • So sorry, Rosie, but perhaps it is for the best for some reason yet unknown. Glad you checked in with us to let us know. We care about you and you will remain in my prayers.

Just a quick post this morning (I think), as the gc are here and keeping us busy.
    They were up very early this am (as usual). Yesterday we went shopping and bought some more movies for them plus a couple little inexpensive toys. They don't have a whole lot here so it will help to keep them occupied. But getting them away from the movies is not easy and I like them to be outside in the mornings before it gets so warm.
  • September thread is up...bye, bye August.