Body Composition Scale?

• Hey there! As I'm getting closer and closer to my goal, I'm weighing myself less and less because I'm focusing more on toning and building muscle. In that spirit I'm interested in monitoring my body fat. There's a groupon for a scale/digital body analyzer but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these? Do any of ya'll use them, if so what kind/brand?
  • They are highly inaccurate because they rely on hydration levels.

If the "number" is important to you then you'll have to go pay for a hydrostatic weighing or dexa scan. Both of those are considered the gold standard but still - not 100% accurate.

I'll admit I was obsessed with body fat percentage for a while and even had myself hydrostatically weighed but now I think it's not relevant because what matters after health is how you feel about how you look, not the "number".
  • Quote: I'll admit I was obsessed with body fat percentage for a while and even had myself hydrostatically weighed but now I think it's not relevant because what matters after health is how you feel about how you look, not the "number".
    I would agree with this 100%.
  • Save your money. The only accurate way to measure body fat is underwater and that is costly.
  • Knew the folks here wouldn't let me down. Thanks!! It was tempting to obsess over numbers, you guys are right.