Weird food combinations

• Has anyone else come up with some weird food combinations?

For lunch, I measured out some cottage cheese. I was also planning to have prunes (I have 4 a day to keep things regular lol) and thought why not chop them up and mix them in there? Next I was wishing for something crunchy to add, but all I had was sunflower seeds. Why not?

I actually really liked it.

In my less healthier days I would often have s'mores poptarts and a Sam Adams (or several) for dinner. I have also been known to eat ice cream and potato chips at the same time.

Hopefully I'm not the only weird one here.
  • Peanut butter and mayo sandwich.
  • Wasabi peas mixed with dried cherries. Something about the sweet, sour, and wasabi, yum!
  • Frozen yogurt on top of my oatmeal. Cools it down and makes it nice and creamy. YUM!
  • Colby cheese dipped in caramel. I know it sounds gross, but everyone I forced to try it, loves it.

Also, not really that uncommon, but french fries dipped in chocolate shakes.

MAK247 - Ice cream and potato chips together is quite possibly the best thing ever.
  • Newleaf, the wasabi and dried cherry combo is intriguing! Mmm, lots of good ideas here.

We grew up eating peanut butter on our grilled-cheese sandwiches.
  • Oooh--that sounds good!! The wasabi & cherries, and PB & mayo, are definitely unique, though!!

I was going to say I've been using mustard, instead of mayo, in egg salad, or tuna salad, but it sounds pretty pedestrian by comparison! ;-)
  • as i'm cooking more and more of my meals, im finding that i start out with several good components and end up tossing it all together in the same dish.

cauliflower rice, sauteed spinach and tomatoes and salmon are all good...why not mix them all?

my concoctions are usually pretty good but maybe that's self satisfaction from preparing my own food.
  • Quote: Colby cheese dipped in caramel. I know it sounds gross, but everyone I forced to try it, loves it.

Also, not really that uncommon, but french fries dipped in chocolate shakes.

MAK247 - Ice cream and potato chips together is quite possibly the best thing ever.
    I looove sweet/salty combos. I've also been known to sprinkle salt on rice crispy treats. I recently discovered fiber one chocolate caramel pretzel bars, those will have to satisfy my sweet/salty tooth for now.
  • Quote: Wasabi peas mixed with dried cherries. Something about the sweet, sour, and wasabi, yum!
    Sounds good. I was thinking of doing something like the dried cherries, spicy homemade roasted chickpeas and then some air popped popcorn
  • Quote: as i'm cooking more and more of my meals, im finding that i start out with several good components and end up tossing it all together in the same dish.

cauliflower rice, sauteed spinach and tomatoes and salmon are all good...why not mix them all?

my concoctions are usually pretty good but maybe that's self satisfaction from preparing my own food.
    I do this all the time. I throw random things together and see how they taste.

I scramble up eggs in the morning with whatever veggies are lying around in the fridge, for example. Winds up being very tasty!

My salad is the same way I raid the fridge, take a little of whatever I can find, throw it on lettuce, and voila! yummy salad
  • Quote: I looove sweet/salty combos. I've also been known to sprinkle salt on rice crispy treats. I recently discovered fiber one chocolate caramel pretzel bars, those will have to satisfy my sweet/salty tooth for now.
    I always liked salt sprinkled on pineapple.
  • Quote: I always liked salt sprinkled on pineapple.
    That sounds absolutely delicious! I have to try that!
  • Salt on Watermelon too! And oranges!