Reasons.

• Thank you all for the replies.
  • I understand that fear of the unknown. I was thin as a child and in middle school, but I've been overweight my entire adult life. I think weight loss does have a lot to do with being comfortable. Most people lose weight because they're uncomfortable, right? But if you feel safe and "healthy" as in not having diseases/conditions, what reason is there to change other than vanity or potential health problems down the road? You definitely have to be in the right mindset to lose weight. Honestly, I've had to hit rock bottom to even feel that drive to WANT to lose weight. Putting that into motion? Even harder.
  • Hugs
  • Losing weight isn't going to change your apartment, heal your mother, or make your father pick up the phone.

Losing weight gives you a chance to be the person you've always wanted to be. I've seen many posts on this site where people talk about their fears about losing weight, how it's hard, but it's worth it.

Take a look through the goal section and read the stories. They're very inspiring.