Growing out your natural color

• So since I moved out, I decided I want to grow out my colored hair and go natural since I really can't and don't want to shell out 50+ dollars to get my hair colored at the salon, and I don't trust myself enough to do it out of the box. So I guess my question is... how does one do this without looking ridiculous along the way? My last color was a lighter red/brown shade with some highlights and it looks like my natural color is coming in a bit darker then I remember it being... I don't want to look like a doof with two-toned hair! Lol So yeah, how does one combat this?
  • If your natural hair color is quite a bit different from what you've got in there now I'd recommend dying it again, but this time back to your natural color. You can wait and save up until there's a couple inches or you can do it yourself with a box. I promise it's not as hard as it looks, I've been dying my mom's hair since I was 11 and my own since I was 14. If you're dying it your natural color it'll be hard to mess up, you probably could even get a way with a temporary dye.

I have really dark hair and have done both bleach blond (looked terrible) and bright red and many colors in between and whenever I was sick of the color or it started growing back and looked bad I just dyed it back to it's natural color.
  • I had lime green hair right before my high school graduation. My mom wanted my hair to be a natural shade, so I bleached my hair and dyed it as close to my natural as possible. I haven't dyed my hair since and I've since let it grow out to my natural hair color again. This honestly might be your best bet.