Considering adding a supplement... HELP

• I've been on IP for 8 weeks and I've never seen super great results. My highest lost was in week one with 3 lbs. My last three weeks were 1 lb each and at $93 a week, that's rather depressing.

I'm considering adding a fat burner, or chromium, or garcinia cambogia.

Is anyone using any type of supplement besides the Mg, K, Cal, Multi, Omega?
  • Chromium or garcinia cambogia do nothing.

Fat burners work but they do so because they're stimulants thus speed up your metabolism which also increases your heart rate and blood pressure. How much do they speed up your metabolism? At best 2-3% which means if you normally burn 2000 calories a day you'll burn an additional 40-60 calories a day. This means over the course of three months you'll lose an additional lb of fat - give or take 10-20 days. Not worth the money for the result and the stimulants can potentially have all kinds of nasty side effects depending on how you react to them.

If you're unhappy with the cost there are plenty of alternatives but you do lose in the in person support which may or may not be valuable to you.
  • I agree - fat burners aren't worth the permanent damage they do to your heart. Maybe add a short 20 minute walk after dinner, look into a cleanse, drink a couple of cups of green tea everyday (natural way to boost metabolism), up your water intake, or evaluate your food to make sure you're getting enough veggies and not adding too much artificial sugar, etc.

Good luck!