IP Daily Chat Friday 7/5/2013

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Yesterday was so hard!!!! I did not stay OP but I did not eat anything off plan just ate more. More more more!!! I have been so hungry, my TOM is soon, and staying OP is hard.

So is there anything I can do today do help the situation? I have read about bootcamp, try that?

Thanks for your help you guys are awesome!
  • Princess Peacock
    I'm sorry I was unable to upload this yesterday for you. It was on my computer and I wasn't.

The IP weekly meal plan sheet is attached. It looks like someone deleted it from the stickies so I re-posted it there, as well so it can be found easier in the future.

• Quote: I haven't posted for a few days. Been processing the fact that I am rapidly approaching my original goal, which was to loose half of me.... Just shy of 10 lbs from that goal. That is also my "Hawaii goal" as I told myself that WHEN I lost half of me, I would celebrate by going to Hawaii.....

I have been noticing these odd protrusions on my body lately.... Making my cat unhappy while trying to cuddle in bed...as his "tummy pillow" has gone missing. It is no longer comfortable to sit on the porch step....
    Dad nicknaming me "Boney" as he bruises himself slinging an arm across my shoulders....
    Actually seeing my rib cage pop out in the mirror when I happened to stretch after getting out of the shower.....

The biggest change for me is being able to pass a mirror or reflecting surface and think/say "WOW!"
    Good job!
  • Hey all! Congrats on all the losses and the NSVs!
  • Quote: Princess Peacock
    I'm sorry I was unable to upload this yesterday for you. It was on my computer and I wasn't.

The IP weekly meal plan sheet is attached. It looks like someone deleted it from the stickies so I re-posted it there, as well so it can be found easier in the future.
    Thank you Lisa! I appreciate you posting this!! This one is great because I can mark off my water and supplements as the day goes by.
    This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks again!
  • Congrats everyone! I cant wait until I reach that kind of victory My scale broke a few days ago and it has been driving me nuts not being able to weigh myself at home!
  • Congratulations!
    Quote: I haven't posted for a few days. Been processing the fact that I am rapidly approaching my original goal, which was to loose half of me.... Just shy of 10 lbs from that goal. That is also my "Hawaii goal" as I told myself that WHEN I lost half of me, I would celebrate by going to Hawaii.....

I have been noticing these odd protrusions on my body lately.... Making my cat unhappy while trying to cuddle in bed...as his "tummy pillow" has gone missing. It is no longer comfortable to sit on the porch step....
    Dad nicknaming me "Boney" as he bruises himself slinging an arm across my shoulders....
    Actually seeing my rib cage pop out in the mirror when I happened to stretch after getting out of the shower.....

The biggest change for me is being able to pass a mirror or reflecting surface and think/say "WOW!"

It is so inspiring to read this! Congratulations on getting so close to your first goal. What a fantastic accomplishment!
  • Good afternoon everyone,

NSV today. I was behind the wheel of my car and I dropped the keys on the floor between my feet. I could easily reach down to pick them up! In the past, I would have to get out of the car and lean into it to pick up the keys.

Delicious discovery: I took the RTD vanilla drink and added a splash of torani SF brown sugar and cinnamon. Wowzers!

Lisa, I also want to say thank you for your dedication to this site. Your style of writing is so supportive and you always get right to the point. And a big thank you goes to all the members on this site as well! The tips, the stories, the victories... (the list could go on!) add immeasurable value.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Quote: NSV today. I was behind the wheel of my car and I dropped the keys on the floor between my feet. I could easily reach down to pick them up! In the past, I would have to get out of the car and lean into it to pick up the keys.
    Great NSV. Mine is that we are at the beach on vacation and there are 47 stairs from the house to the beach. It was easier going DOWN the stairs this year, let alone up! It really is nice to go up and down stairs without having to hold the railing anymore.

Hauling that extra 90 pounds up and down the stairs was a lot harder!
  • I've heard about people talk about making the rutabaga and turnip fries crispy by using the ActiFry? Is this allowed? I know it says no fried foods, but I wasn't sure if the actifry is considered frying since it uses about 1tsp of oil.
  • Woo hoo! Second weigh in. Down 8.4 lbs and 6 3/4 inches. Two inches off my waist! Sooooo happy!
  • NSV today! Went to get my passport photo taken since I'm due for renewal and no more double chin! And I didn't even have to bend forward, if you know what I mean!!! I compared it to my photo from 10 years ago and am blown away by the difference. Only about 15 lbs difference between now and then, but my face is so much thinner I look like I had a nose job! Love, love, love my passport photo. I may actually agree to be IN pictures now!!!!!
  • Quote: I've heard about people talk about making the rutabaga and turnip fries crispy by using the ActiFry? Is this allowed? I know it says no fried foods, but I wasn't sure if the actifry is considered frying since it uses about 1tsp of oil.
    There was an Actifry thread when I stared last summer. Click advanced search and search for Actifry in the thread title. You should find it.
  • Ever complain about something that isn't really a problem? I just had to laugh at myself as I made a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty clone (Vanilla RTD, Ice, WF Chocolate Syrup - blend together) and it made SO much I actually complained. So I guess my problem is I am losing weight while eating "too much" of a yummy dessert. What big problems I have! lol
  • Quote: Ever complain about something that isn't really a problem? I just had to laugh at myself as I made a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty clone (Vanilla RTD, Ice, WF Chocolate Syrup - blend together) and it made SO much I actually complained. So I guess my problem is I am losing weight while eating "too much" of a yummy dessert. What big problems I have! lol
    Try adding 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan gum to it. It will make it real creamy just like Wendy's. I use the Chocolate RTD for more chocolate flavor. I also will add the WF carmal or strawberry syrup for something different.