4th of July to Halloween Challenge!

You're on Page 10 of 36
Go to
  • oh no... please no buffet discussion. i am sooo tempted to binge right now...
  • still here. 1 baby binge, and a what mustve been a 800+ dessert "treat" (ill not use the descriptors to avoid others drooling) , i am STILL 184.8. also, a girl at the studio told me that i am looking "slimmer" WOOHOOO.

Double also- another testament to lbs/muscle debate. so last summer i was 168, went buck wild and bought about 3000 dollars worth of clothing. saw the 168 for a solid 3 minutes, and then promptly gained 20 lbs. having done that, i haven't tried on any of these summer clothes, just to avoid the sheer pain.

well guess what?
    THEY FIT.
    THEY FIT THEY FIT THEY FIT.

This just makes me curious what my bf percentage was last summer as to this summer.
  • NSV: Last night, I went clubbing with a girlfriend and didn't drink ANYTHING with calories!!! Danced the night away sipping on club soda, and had 1/2 cup of orzo pasta salad when I got home. Usually, my nights out completely derail my plan, but I think I handled last night just fine!!

I am not drinking while I am on this challenge. Last night was the first test...
  • Koconut23, that a huge NSV. When I use to go out to a club, I always drank alcohol, but I think I was dancing so much I never gained the weight. I am also giving up alcohol for awhile. Just bad calories I don't need right now.

So I have weighed the same for 2 weeks now. Yesterday I stayed way way under my calorie goal at around 950 calories. I was starving by midnight, but didn't eat anything. I have been under my calorie goal all week & continue to exercise almost daily. I read the article about water weight, but I am still frustrated. I just can't seem to kick this 146 mark. I have only been dieting for 3 weeks , but I was hoping for a little more progress than this. Trying to hang in there.
  • CherryChan- I try to focus on my diet more than exercising. Exercise for fitness, not weight loss although it can help speed up the process along some more. 80% of weight loss is based on diet and 20% is from fitness (or so I've read.) So I wouldn't worry too much about exercising. Just start small with what you can!

That is awesome, Stimkovs!!! How exciting!

Awesome NSV, Koconut! I am cutting wayyyy back since I started Insanity. I don't want to do all that work just to cancel it out with alcohol, ya know? lol.

MamaWhitty- You're very close to a normal "BMI" so losses will be a lot slower. You said you've been dieting for 3 weeks, is that starting from 150? 4lbs in 3 weeks is great- averages out to more than 1lb a week! Also you may be due for a whoosh if you haven't seen any changes in the last 2 weeks. Do hang in there!!!
  • Yes, I started out at 150. I just am following everything so closely I expected to be losing 2 pounds a week. My workouts are even more intense than ever. I just want to see it drop a pound. I am now on my fourth week. (Midway)
  • Hey everyone!! Can I join a little late into the challenge? I feel like these definately keep me accountable I've been doing WW (just online) for the past 6 weeks and have really liked my progress.

I keep my daily weights on a spreadsheet, so the weigh in days for this challenge are:
    SW (July 4) 177
    July 11 weight : 175
    GW (Oct 31) 154 down 23 lbs (normal BMI)
  • Yup, Turtle, come on in. If you go back to the very first post, you'll see a link to put yourself on the list and record your WI data.
  • This has been a rough week.

I'm doing fine personally, but the diet is really lagging. I've had two days of binging, and I'm not the type that usually does that.

I think it's the effect of some personal stress going away (met the Dad of my b/f and it was a huge family deal) and just the relaxed/I'm tired of going by rules feeling.

I have to get it together. I went it and reluctantly put in my weight on 7/11. 147.

That is bloat, I know I haven't really gained weight, but it's still very annoying.

Anyway, thank God this is not just a monthly challenge

I'm in the game though and wanted to check in
  • Quote: CherryChan- I try to focus on my diet more than exercising. Exercise for fitness, not weight loss although it can help speed up the process along some more. 80% of weight loss is based on diet and 20% is from fitness (or so I've read.) So I wouldn't worry too much about exercising. Just start small with what you can!
    haha... thank you for that. now i have 'excuse' to be lazy...
    nah, i am just kidding... i need to move a lil...
  • Mama Whitty, hang in there! Sometimes our bodies don't recognize the deficit for a while (unlike our stomachs) and at your lower weight it could take a longer period of deficit to notice anything.

Blah yesterday I totally ate too much. Went to get dim sum, hit my calorie cap by 3pm, and ate more for dinner with DH at this fantastic gastropub. Today I'm going to try to do a 24 hr juice fast to give my system a rest. I was afraid to weigh myself this morning
  • Quote: Oh gosh, I heard pizza buffet in here. yum
    DITTO.

Quote: oh no... please no buffet discussion. i am sooo tempted to binge right now...
    DONT DO EET.

Quote: THEY FIT.
    THEY FIT THEY FIT THEY FIT.
    HOLLERRRR!
    -------

I was kind of whiny when I didn't lose much this week, but then I realized I'm being dumb, because I'm down 9 in two weeks, and it's okay.
  • i've been bad over the weekend, carb-overloaded and gained 1 pound in a day... *depressed mode activated*
  • koconut23 that is freaking fantastic! honestly, please teach me your ways. i find that if i have one im likely to have 3, and then it's a downward spiral. see last night. when i was losing a lot- i had this self restraint, now, not so much. it's hard when you really want to have a good time/ your friends are pouring you drinks lol

- as for the overating comment- i also did the exact same thing. good times right? how was the juice fast?

Mama Whitty seems like your body might just be lagging behind in the weight dropping. you totally have a whoosh coming!

Katydid77 hang in there! life likes to throw little curveballs...

Jez you're hilarious. did somebody get into the caffeine a weeee bit? i actually cackled out loud...

----
    i ate a truck load last night. and drank enough to kill a medium sided village. maybe the whole population of ohio. JUST JOKING. maybe.

anyways, ya, today was really, uninterested in food day. although i did have samosas and walk around the toronto islands!

i have a pretty major "outing" week coming up, so i am hoping to get as many workouts in as possible, and to eat as clean as possible when left to my own devices. i am also planning a pretty large party on saturday- including people coming in from out of town so, hopefully the stress stays low, and somebody padlocks the fridge/cupboards. actually, i live alone. i should probably just do that. except i just bought 60 bucks worth of groceries today....

the funny thing is, i rarely binge on junk food- i binge on healthy foods. which i have in the fridge...

anyways. fingers crossed that clothes still fit when this is over and HOPEFULLY i will see a loss thursday.
  • I don't usually post on here but REALLY need some motivation! This is the hardest time of year for me between August through the end of the year since I love the holiday seasons. Thanks for starting the challenge!