~~July Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • Cajun - your mood brightened mine... and I was in a good mood, anyway, so now I'm REALLY happy! Just bounce yourself to the water and fish away....

Gayle - I'm glad you stood up for yourself and told people to leave your stuff alone! People have little consideration, because they seem to be more and more self involved, all the time. It's a bad trend we're in these days! So, is the pain better, I hope? Prednisone can affect people in nasty ways. If you get cranky, enjoy it and blame it on the steroids!

Just found out I can go to my nephew's wedding tomorrow. It's in a location about 2 hours away, and there was no way I could drive that distance with this hip. But my bro and his wife got home from their vacation, are going to the wedding, and I can hitch a ride. I'm delighted! I really want to attend, and it should be lovely!

Since I got everything on my "to-do" list for today done yesterday, I'm free to watch "Ballykissangel" all day if I so choose! I will hopefully do some other productive activities, but if not... well, that's okay, too!

It is GORGEOUS this morning! Early morning in Colorado is the best! I won't be quite as happy in about two hours, but right now... life is good!

Everyone, have a good day! Later, lovelies!
  • Donna ~ I like your new avatar pic
  • Good morning everyone! It's another beautiful day in the NW! I only have a few minutes as the grandchildren are coming over and spending the night and we are expecting them any time now.

I did well on my eating plan yesterday. Ended the day with 1405 calories and good on my daily carb count. My weight was down again today so one more pound to get back down to 164. I am very tired of going up and down like this though so I hope I've learned my lesson.

Not much going on here here and I hope to get my voting done this morning ...just a local primary...but I have to look up almost every candidate as I don't know them.

Jess/Donna - Enjoy the rest of your time off...glad you get to go to the wedding.

Cajun - No dh is NOT catching fish...not as in bringing them home at least. Sometimes he hooks them but they get away. He used to catch so many but in the last several years now he rarely does. Not sure why. The salmon/steelhead runs don't seem to be as good as they used to be but there are times when others are catching them and he still doesn't. If you are in a boat it is much better. But anyway he enjoys fishing (you should be here to fish with him!) and just being out there. I like to fish too but not sure I could pull in a big salmon/steelhead. Also I prefer the kind of fishing where I can just sit and wait for a bite (while reading a book!) and that is not the way this is. You have to throw it out and bring it back in all the time. He used to catch so much salmon and we had lots in our freezer most of the year. He also smoked some of it. In the spring he goes shad fishing...he still gets lot of shad but we don't eat it...he freezes it to use for crab bait in the fall. I do like to crab off the dock. We have two crab pots which dh throws out and then we sit on the dock and use fishing poles with crab traps on them. That's what I do. I don't eat them but dh and our kids love the dungeness. We usually keep a few of the larger red crab too for some friends who like them. Right now we have plans to go in Nov.

Glynne - What a day! Hope everything will still be like you need it the next time you work.
  • All packed and ready to go. Right NOW! Not at 5:30. Lol. Ds asked if we were going to the camp. Hmm I have a feeling they are plotting at the moment to come with us. That's usually the case. They love following us wherever we go.

Donna I'm not sure why I'm so excited to go to the camp. It's just like every other weekend. I promise you by tomorrow morning I will be sitting in my boat with pole in my hand. I'm glad you are happy too!! Enjoy the wedding! We have a wedding to attend in a couple weeks.

Mary loved hearing about your kind of fishing. I like fishing out of our boat better than bank fishing. Very interesting to hear about the crabs y'all catch. We catch the blue point crabs here. Love boiling them very spicey. I'm familiar with the dungeness crabs. We bought 1 at SAMs one time just to try them. They were huge. I have no idea what a red crab is. Our crabs are hard to peel and most people don't like the trouble to peel them. I was raised eating boiled crabs so I can fill up on them. Most people can't fill up therefore won't mess with them. We have lots of fish in our freezer too. I'm afraid I would wear your dh out fishing. I could stay out from sunup to sundown fishing. Lol.

Have a good weekend!!!!
    Hugs Cajun
  • Hi Everyone,

New weight at JC weigh-in = 144! Was 151 when I started in June. My goal is to lose 20 pounds - 1 lb/week for 20 weeks. So far, so good.

I leave Eastern PA on Monday to visit my DD in FL for a week - trying to escape the heat! We have had close to 100 degree days all week.

I am determined to NOT gain weight on this trip. Too HARD to lose it! I plan to visit a JC down there if I seem to be having problems.

Have a good weekend, everyone,

Lynn
  • rosey
  • Good Morning, All....

What a day yesterday! The wedding was just lovely, very sweet and intimate and so very much THEM. I'm so glad I was able to attend!

The house has had 24 showings, and I've received 7 offers! I guess houses in that price range are golden. Here's a link:

http://www.cohomefinder.com/p/80014/...a-CO-80014.htm

It's bittersweet, but I'm gratified that the sale is moving along so quickly.

Hope your Sunday is a good one!
  • Donna, so happy that the sale of the house is moving so quickly. WOW! You must have done everything right and hit just at the right time!!! Glad for you and know it will be good to have it all taken care of. Have a great Sunday!!
  • I got a question.......... I am wanting to get either an ipad or a Kindle. Other than the obvious price difference, what do you all feel the pros and cons are for both.
  • Karen, I like my ipad but it depends on what you want to do. Just like on the phone you use apps to do things. Which is why I say it is more like a giant phone. Of course you can use the browser (Safari comes with it but you can download others), and access the internet. But my iPad is not capable of showing some things that use flash, so those I simply cannot see. However I am able to see many videos, although not all of them. I do not understand the differences but apparently they are different. My google email and calendar and some other apps like Evernote and MyFitnessPal synch with both my ipad and iphone. So that's pretty cool. Oh and also my budget program ..so when shopping I can enter my purchases right away so I don't forget. Really like that but I can also do it on my phone which is actually more convenient since I always have my phone with me and usually not my ipad. I bought my ipad for traveling but often with a short trip, I can get by easily with my phone only. For longer trips, I take my ipad. I use my ipad mostly though to read books (I have the Kindle app on it so lots of free books), and to play games. I do this mostly while watching TV. Keeps my hands busy! So far I do not take my ipad to the gym for fear of it getting broken...so glassy! I use my Kindle to read on the bike at the gym. It was cheaper and I don't worry about it. However it is beginning to break down and I may have to start using my iPad soon.

I THINK my next tablet will either be an iPad mini or a Kindle Fire. Don't know the prices of the iPad minis but the Kindle Fire is cheaper than a regular ipad and it can do much the same thing from what I hear. I love my first version Kindle for reading so think I will like the Fire for that too. A iPad mini might be a great way to go though..because I like the smaller size (would fit in my purse) and I think it MIGHT be a little sturdier if put into a protective case like i have for my Kindle.

So these are my ideas. When I got my ipad I was a bit disappointed that it was not more like a laptop, but then I got to like it in a different way and now like having a tablet for some things. We don't travel so long as we used to so it is enough.

Think about what you want a tablet for, how you plan to use it. My sil (who can afford whatever he wants and already has both a desktop and laptop), also has a ipad which he only uses for playing games.
  • Hi Rosey, I saw your wave.
    Donna...oh, I love the bed. I want it. So happy you're not having to struggle with the sale of your sister's home.
  • Bobbi - I would LOVE for you to have the bed! There's a large dresser and a separate way cool mirror that goes along with it. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a home for the furniture. No one wants it, apparently, and the consignment shops say it's all too big. So NOW WHAT????????
  • Hi everyone. this has been the most beautiful summer i have ever experienced here in alaska. lots of time in the sun. a friend gave us a lawn mower so steve has been grooming the yard,and even mowed the dog pen. we have been leaving the doors open so the dogs can go in and out on their own hoping that they will get the idea to do their business outside. we placed some of their potty pads out there and so far they love it. i was really sick for a few days. i had to drink this solution befor i had my cat scan,then they gave me an iv of iodine. boy did it do a number on me. i'm just now feeling like myself. and i had the catscan on thursday last week. all my tests are done now so just need approval from ins company. not alot else going on,hoping you all are doing great. rosey
  • Good thoughts, Rosey, that you get approval and a scheduled surgery date SOON............ Keep us posted. Hope you're feeling better!
  • Where's everybody at this week? Golden girls are quiet.
    Hadca really good time this weekend at the camp. Dh and I went to 3 different lakes and our total count of fish we caught was 5 fish. Horrible. Guess it's just too hot for fish to bite. I did pretty well staying on diet this weekend. I've ot o lose the lbs I've put on lately.
    Nothing going on but work.
    Rosy I hope you get approved soon for your surgery.

Donna that bed is gorgeous. Would love to take it off your hands. I can't believe no one wants it. Will you have to let it go with the house?

Lynn congrats on the lbs lost. You are doing awesome. Have a safe trip.
    Hi Mary gayle and karen31

Gotta run. Be back later.

Hugs
    Cajun