~~July Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • Hi Everyone, yesterday some friends and I went to see the new movie of Much Ado about Nothing. Today, my friend and I went to a great little museum down by Atlantic City & then did some outlet shopping. I LOVE Chico outlet stores!

Thursday is my day for Jenny Craig & getting weighed. I have done several meals on my own this week. I hope I still lose another pound.

We are surviving the rains but getting a little tired of "no sun" for too many days in a row.

Have a great day,

Lynn

Hi Gayle, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope they decrease the number of days you have to work.

Hi Rosey, CONGRATULATIONS on your a1c - good job! Sending best wishes for your DH's surgery.

Hi Bobbi, I have new living room furniture being delivered next week. I called several places to donate my current couch & recliner. No one will pick up. I will have to pay the furniture deliverers to cart this stuff out.

Hi Cajun, you wrote that you can't get back on track 100%. I think some is better than none.

Hi Mary, about the butter - for the entire time I was losing my first 40 lbs, I had 2 tablespoons of half and half every morning in my coffee. For me, I believe that carbs are MUCH worse than a little fat.
  • Lynn, have you advertised your furniture on craigslist or have you checked on Facebook for a swap shop in your area? We have several swap shops on Facebook in our area and there are some good deals there. I'll bet if you put an ad up someone will want them. Worth a try
  • Good evening GG's,

Praying that this pain will let up enough so I can go back to work tomorrow.

About the possible change of Unit Secretary hours, one of my coworkers reminded me that - back along, the boss had talked about having someone do it from 8a to 4p, then someone else do it for 4 hours (4p to 8p). That might be even better, considering all the pain problems I am having. Not sure if I could tolerate a 12 hour shift now. If I worked 8a to 4p, I would still get out early enough that I could walk after work. I just assumed it would be a 12 hour shift for one person. Also that would eliminate the dilemma of having to stay late. Someone would come and take over for me at 4pm - if there was any need for someone to stay late - that person would be the one to decide if they wanted to do that.

Now come to think of it ~ I think the reason the boss wanted to do an 8 hour and a 4 hour shift to cover the 12 hour period, was that ~ that way, she would only have to hire a part time person instead of another full timer.

Sorry that I can't seem to talk about anything else but pain. It is just that every move it seems causes some kind of pain. This afternoon my shoulder is hurting ~ I think maybe I fell asleep with my arms over my head.

I shouldn't be on here probably. The frustrating part is, I have stayed off the computer as much as possible, and I still hurt.

My son always hated when I would tell him ~ "this too shall pass", but that is what I keep telling myself today. Gotta stay hopeful

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
  • Hi Everyone,

Today is Book Club day. This month we read “The Women Upstairs.” I absolutely LOVED it. This week I have been eating lunches & dinners on my own – NOT Jenny Craig. I get weighed tomorrow. My guess is that I will NOT lose. If not, I will go back to totally JC for a while.

Quote: Lynn, have you advertised your furniture on craigslist or have you checked on Facebook for a swap shop in your area? We have several swap shops on Facebook in our area and there are some good deals there. I'll bet if you put an ad up someone will want them. Worth a try
    Hi Karen,
    I am sure this is a great idea, but I am clueless about craigslist/facebook/ebay. Too bad we do not live closer together, I could use some tutoring.

Quote: Praying that this pain will let up enough so I can go back to work tomorrow.
    Sorry that I can't seem to talk about anything else but pain. It is just that every move it seems causes some kind of pain. This afternoon my shoulder is hurting ~ I think maybe I fell asleep with my arms over my head.
    Hi Gayle,

I am so sorry you are still having all this pain. Hopefully, you will wake up one of these mornings and it will just be gone. I just heard this morning that my cousin will be having rotator cuff surgery this month. On one of our cousins’ reunions, she fell on the ice & we grabbed her to lift her out of the street. Unfortunately, we hurt her shoulder in the process. NOTE: that was 4 years ago! She finally decided to have the surgery because the shoulder pain is interfering with her golfing.
  • Lynn, it is real easy--- just go to craigslist.org and go to your state and city.. You might even look through the furniture wanted.... but if you don't see someone wanting.. you just set up a username and password, just like on here, and then click to post an ad, under the category you want. You can either put in your phone number or set up to have them reply to an anonymous email through craigslist and answer the emails that way. You post pictures of what you have and place it-- all this is free.

On Facebook-- just put in the search bar your city and swap shop, like for my closest one I put in Joplin, MO swap shop, and it comes up.. then you just post what you have. Some groups you have to join but it is no big deal. Hope that helps

• I have the kitchen finished, hallelujah. Will take pictures this afternoon after Bruce finishes painting the door.
  • Hi Everyone,

I went to JC this morning & as I expected, I did NOT lose. After a week of following the "Lynn plan" instead of the "Jenny plan," I gained 2 pounds!

Back to the drawing board. This week I will stick strictly to the program.

Happy 4th of July to everyone,

Lynn

Hi Karen, Thank you for the directions. I will try it.

Hi Bobbi, CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy!
  • OMG....I just put together a fruit bowl for tomorrow called Mojita Marinated Fruit with rum. It may never get out the door. It has pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries....chunked. Made a simple sugar syrup and added lime juice and 3/4 cup of rum. Will marinate over night. Supposed to have fresh mint but oh well......I made the syrup with Splenda! That should help, but don't tell. Added a dash more of the rum because the bottle was almost empty.

I love watermelon but hate buying a whole one and the precut worry me about who has handled it. I just found a new seedless really small melon. About the size of a soft ball. It fits in the refrig and is all mine!

OMG a storm just started lights flittering be back later....k3
  • Have a Happy Fourth Of July and everyone please be safe!!!

• Back...storm is roll towards the east coast and next one is a few miles away. Only place I have ever lived where they count lightening strikes and they are always in 100's at a time. Dh still hasn't had to water neighbor's lawn.

Lynn....JC has helped this far...guess you should stay there until you get to a good level or hit a stall.

Hmmmm my Cajun radar just started chirping bet she is being tempted!!!

Gayle...Have just begun to understand that arthritis is like an infection that flares up and the joints hurt so bad. Meds reduce the flare and help keep the pain at bay, but it is waiting in the wings. I have friends that after 1-2 treatments(shots) have been good for years.....hopefully we both will, too! The past few months have laid a heavy load on your shoulders and not surprised you body finally said ENOUGH!

OOOpss got to go...The neighbors are shooting rockets and Dash dashes up and doen the street trying to retrieve one.... k3
  • Hi everyone sorry ive been mia. steve is recovering from his surg and likes my undivided attention hes worn me out.
    , hs such ababy. however hes doing well and we will feel better when we get the path report. we spent a very quiet 4th. just me gorking and him sleeping. hope your 4th was fun ttfn rosey
  • Hi Everyone,

Around here, fireworks every night from Thurs - Sun. My DD, SIL and I saw them at the ballgame on Thurs. and saw them in the town they live in last night. Too hot here today – I think I will skip them tonight.

Have a great day,

Lynn

Quote: I love watermelon but hate buying a whole one and the precut worry me about who has handled it. I just found a new seedless really small melon. About the size of a soft ball. It fits in the refrig and is all mine!
    Hi Karen,

I love those little watermelons.

Quote: Have a Happy Fourth Of July and everyone please be safe!!!
    Hi Karen,

I was going to follow your directions for Craig’s List, but when I told my DD, she was worried about me being alone & having strangers come to my home. However, I improvised on your idea & put a sign down in the condo community room offering the furniture to anyone who can get it out of my house before the furniture deliverers arrive. If it gets taken, I won’t have to pay to have the furniture deliverers take it.

Quote: Lynn....JC has helped this far...guess you should stay there until you get to a good level or hit a stall.3
    Hi Karen,

Yes, I have decided to stick on their program until I get down to 130.

Quote: Hi everyone sorry ive been mia. steve is recovering from his surg and likes my undivided attention hes worn me out. , hs such ababy. however hes doing well and we will feel better when we get the path report.
    Hi Rosey,

Hope Steve gets better quickly & the path report is a good one.
  • Hello everyone! Wow, if you miss a day reading this group, you have a hard time catching up! Glad to see more posting again though. Yesterday was a busy day...we started at the gym, then to the doctor (more about that later), then came home to babysit our grands, then our son came over for his workout with dad and stayed for dinner. So a busy but fun day.

Now about the doctor's visit. My A1C was 7.4..the highest it's been. I was expecting 7-7.3 but was a little surprised it was that high. I confessed my eating sins to the doctor (he knows me pretty well by now anyway), but he said he thinks I will need more meds now no matter how good I eat. Of course he does want me to continue to try and eat better and to lose weight. He wants to put me on Bydureon which is the weekly version of Byetta, an injectible drug. He gave me a choice of three drugs, one an oral and two injectables. Only Bydureon is weekly. If I have to inject myself I'd prefer to do it only once a week I guess. I couldn't decide what to do and ask him if it would hurt to try to do better for a few more weeks before deciding. He said I'd probably still have to take another drug but he gave me three months. That way he can do another A1C. So, needless to say, I was VERY motivated yesterday. My bs were high all day, but I ate only three healthy meals with NO snacking!! I had only 834 calories yesterday ...wasn't trying to go that low but without my snacking that's all I could take in, I wasn't hungry. I lost back down to my sig weight overnight but my bs was still high this am. I think if I can lose at least 10# even if my bs remains high and I have to take more meds I will feel I have tried.

Dh's bs was great but his triglycerides were high. I have increased the fat in our diets a little but didn't think it was enough to make a difference so fast. But he wants me to watch it, but he has actually been liking my cooking since I did it...you may remember me complaining how he didn't like my cooking much anymore for a while there. So I hate to cut back again. I think it maybe his snacking. He doesn't eat a lot but he has gone from a guy who almost never snacked to one who has some kind of sweet or fat salty snack most days.

I was up posting really late (or early this morning!) about this but don't think I submitted it cause I couldn't find it.

I am running late today so no time for personals this time.
  • Some pictures of new kitchen. We still need the electrician to come back and put in 3 prong outlets.

• More...the English butler dust pan and brush and matching broom was a housewarming gift from Tiffany. It matches the tops of my canisters and Donna's black and white dish cloth. I love the big old fashion sink with just one large and deep sink. No window over the sink so I put up a large mirror to help open it up, I can see outside looking at it.