Miami Here We Come!! 4 Month Transformation!!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I was 210 today! 6lb weight loss! Its not a lot but I'll take it!!!
  • I need to loose 16 lbs and I will be back to pre- pregnancy weight! That is so exciting for me because it took me almost 3 1/2 years to loose the weight from my first kid. (not that I was really trying) That is my even shorter goal
  • Thank you mommies for the advice! I really do enjoy my sleep, when i can. I would love to be more active with my 4yr old but he loves it outside. Its hot way to hot for me. LOL... I feel like passing out even at night its sooo hot here! However I do like chasing him around the house or walking in the mall. AC is my friend!
  • I'm really wanting some Mexican Food.
  • Quote: I'm really wanting some Mexican Food.
    I'm not sure what plan you're doing, but make your own healthy version!

You can use ground turkey instead of beef...make your own fresh salsa to help control the sodium and sugar that is in the store versions...use corn instead of flour shells.

I make chicken enchiladas occasionally. My boyfriend who doesn't have weight issues likes flour tortillas so I make half the pan with flour and the other half with corn. His half also gets more cheese than mine.

It sounds like you're doing great so far!
  • Not really on a plan. We are just trying to eat better and less, and low carb. It works best for me because I have PCOS. We use lean ground turkey a lot. I was during to be bad. But I mainly only eat beef fajitas meat without tortilla.
  • Oh and thank you!!! Good job on your 20lb weight loss!!! Keep up the HARD work:-)
  • Monday weigh in was 185. Definitely glad to see that much of a drop considering I had a few bad moments this weekend. I had a few beers Sat/Sun, but other than that I did ok besides maybe having a plate too much at dinner. We'll see how this week goes... We're going out of town from Wed-Sun so we have to try extra hard to eat consistently with our goals. Thursday night will be our cheat night on the 4th!!
  • Monday weigh in was 188.6 which is a 3-1/2lb gain over the last week. 1-1/2lbs of that are already gone after weighing this morning. Some water weight from all of those carbs and extra food. Of course there will be some fat gain as well from those bad choices. Tons of crappy food over the holiday, but we had a blast. Back to the grind...
  • Quote: Not really on a plan. We are just trying to eat better and less, and low carb. It works best for me because I have PCOS. We use lean ground turkey a lot. I was during to be bad. But I mainly only eat beef fajitas meat without tortilla.
    You can do this with any kind of filling, but have you ever used a lettuce wrap as your taco?
    Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps

I don't know how many carbs you are aiming for in a day, but I love Ole Extreme Wellness Wraps to make any kind of wrap, burrito/enchilada, or even pizza. Each one has only 90 calories, 5g protein, and 9g fiber.

Skinnytaste has some great low carb (and non-low carb) ideas. Gina is a genius!
  • How cool that you two are doing this together! Great support system My hubby has cupboards filled with candy and junk food, and eats pizza in front of me so I can really appreciate your spouse dieting with you!

Mommy -- I've got a 7 month old and a 6 yr old. It is exhausting, but I've been managing to fit in a workout almost everyday. I tried just calorie counting, but nothing really happened for me. So I started running. It was horrible at first (I HATED running). I would just do a few minutes at a time and walk the rest. Now I'm running a 5K in 1/2 hour. Since I started running, the weight has been melting off.

If you can find something that is really cardio for you, I would suggest fitting it in when you can. I completely understand the lack of sleep (I am getting about 5 hours of sleep a night, interrupted. Yay!) Sometimes I pawn the oldest one off on daddy and I nap with the baby. Of course, then that night I run after the baby goes to sleep. Otherwise I try to run when the baby is napping. When it isn't so hot I run outside with the baby in the stroller and then she is occupied while I exercise.

Although I would love some nice rest time in between working, cooking, cleaning, parenting, wifing, etc...I decided for me, I wanted to not be fat anymore more than rest time. So I bought a treadmill and I fit it in when I can, even if all I really want to do is go collapse into bed, lol. I literally run sometimes at 11 at night just to fit it in. Not that I am saying you should do this -- just no matter what you try to do, you are not alone!
  • I was in a rush this morning and didn't weigh in. I'm not expecting to see a great number though b/c last week was not ideal. I screwed up almost every day in some way.

This week I'm starting a keto diet and sticking to it. I'm shooting for around 2,000 calories with under 30g of carbs per day. I plan on taking a picture and posting it today or tomorrow. Then hopefully I will take a new pic every month to show my progress.
  • Weighed in at 184 this morning!!
  • After quite a bit of drinking Saturday night I still managed to weigh in at 181.8 this morning so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm looking forward to this week.