Homemade iced coffee??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I always just chilled strong brewed coffee, but the cold brew has me intrigued. I've got a mason jar full sitting on the counter now - will let you all know what I think tomorrow.
  • Holy cow. This thread is awesome! Thanks for starting this thread, Lauren!
  • Quote: Success has been had! I just enjoyed a nice cup of iced coffee concocted with unsweetened almond milk, sugar free maple and chocolate syrup, and a Mini ID hazelnut creamer thingy. It was dericious and under 100 calories! Yay!
    Yay! Glad you liked it.
  • So good! Now I need to order the big filter - straining it was a little messy and annoying.

Finally a way to use up my backlog of flavored Gevalia coffee!
  • Ooh, good call, Riddy ... using up the backlog of flavored coffee. This thread has renewed my taste for iced coffee, too!
  • Straining it was annoying; it took too long! I would've just used the filter thing from the coffee pot but my mom already had her coffee set to brew for the morning so I couldn't use it. I didn't make enough though; my coffee is gone now. I find it easier to drink coffee in the morning when it's cold as opposed to hot -- I thought that was interesting.
  • Have a look at this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFKtVKJMgLs
    and if you want to laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eTrx4cIU50
  • I love iced coffee in the summer and generally brew some extra strong coffee and store in fridge adding crushed ice (I have an old Ice-O-Mat crank thing) and a touch of splenda, fat free 1/2 & 1/2 and a shake of pumpkin pie spice. In Europe I have heard that using instant coffee (plain old Nescafe type) shaken with ice and milk is common. I do that on occasion with cheapo coffee from 99 cent store. Boat-load of savings versus S-Bucks and taste is more than acceptable.
  • Whoa!! I did the cold brew method and it was delicious with ice, some milk and SF vanilla syrup.

I definitely agree that straining was a bit of a pain but well worth it since I have enough to last me a week. Thanks again for this thread!
  • ok, now I'm dieing for some cold coffee!! Everyone's ideas sound so good. I might have to try them all. LOL...
  • Bumping!

Okay, cheesecloth and a 6 inch mesh strainer has made my iced coffee-making a ton easier and FASTER! Seriously, I was done in less than a minute with straining for 1.5 cups of coffee grounds with 6 cups of water.

New favorite- Glass full of ice, fill it about 1/2 glass with coffee concentrate, add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of chocolate almond milk (depending on how chocolaty/coffee-y you want it to taste with some muddled up raspberries. Reminds me of the iced mocha frappuccino with some raspberry syrup from SBucks! The only thing missing was my usual whipped cream.
  • A girl here at work buys the Almond Breeze brand iced coffee and it's 100 calories for 8 ounces. She gets the vanilla flavor and said there is also mocha. She says it's really good.
  • I have an espresso machine and I pour a double espresso over ice. If you like your coffee without milk, you can add a lemon zest.

Otherwise, just add milk to your taste. (Low calorie version since without sugar. I sometimes add a small amount of maple sugar.)if you do not have an espresso machine, you can order this coffee at any coffee shop and it's going to be much more healthier than their prepared mix like a frappucino or their so called iced coffee.

Enjoy!
  • Speaking of iced coffee, look at this:

• I am a huge fan of iced coffee..In the Fall,Spring and Summer, I get instant coffee whenever my 2 supermarkets has them on sale.. Always drink 4-5 ,,16 oz,,in the morning!! w sweetner and milk..and maybe sometimes hazelnut coffeemate...Yum!!

Enjoy!