Periods, PMS, Binges

• Anyone else find this time to suck? I've been struggling with binge eating lately and I feel like I'm justified right now since I'm having a bad round of PMS

but then I feel so guilty like a failure because I have no control
  • If it weren't for PMS/TOM, I doubt I'd have a weight problem at all. I find calorie and portion control easy the rest of the month, but it takes every ounce of willpower I have to keep myself from undoing three weeks worth of work. Just "not gaining" during the 7 to 10 days of intense cravings and hunger is a herculean feat.
  • I also struggle during the few days before my period and then during my period. Last week was the week, and although I have a generous weekly allotment of calories to maintain my weight (15,400), I exceeded it by several hundred. This week, I feel so much more in control, and it's much easier not to overeat.
  • Luckily I don't get cravings during TOM! Then again, I don't really get any effects other women seem to get either, such as mood swings, cramps, etc... It's just one of those things I hate but learned to accept.
  • I get those sugar cravings really bad.

I'm approaching that PMS week and I'm dreading: the bloating causing my numbers to go up, the sleepyness, the cravings, the stressful anger.

But... is there anything you ladies have found to help with the stress and cravings? I'm trying to anticipate these problems by: planning a cheat day, sleeping in as much as I can, face masks, tea, and other girly pampering stuff. God, I hope that **** works.
  • Yup, I struggle then too. It's helped that I am able to skip periods with my birth control pills. I don't remember the last period I had and I'm ok with that

I tend to eat more and exercise less during my period. I get so exhausted that it's hard to do anything other than lay on the couch, especially when I'm in a lot of pain.