DKNY Jeans - What does the "S/C" sizing mean?

• So this may be a weirdly specific question, but I wasn't sure what forum to put it in... I've been buying new jeans on eBay (woo! Size 8s!) and I've gotten a couple pairs that say "8 S/C". I was pretty sure "S" stood for short (8L means "Long", and "Court" means "Short" in French, so I figured that was the "C" part), so I was annoyed since the eBay listing didn't say that. But after trying them on... they are the right length. And I'm 5'10". And I typically wear a Regular length in this brand.

Then I realized I might be confusing "S" with "P" (which would actually be Petite, for Short, right?). Or is that just some brands?

So I'm not sure if the "Short" jeans are just pretty darn long (What the heck do you 5' chicks wear if so?). Or "S/C" stands for something else. Or my legs are getting shorter. Or the brand quality control in length is just horrible. Or someone rehemmed them to be Regular length (is there enough hem to even do that?).

Anyone know for sure?

Edited to add - I did try to google this, but the one answer I found said the jeans were manufactured in South Carolina... which seems really bizarre to me. I could see them putting it somewhere on the tag, but I don't think it would be part of the size. Unless jeans sizes are different in SC.
  • Well your post had me in stitches ) South Carolina? Seriously?

I'm 5'2 and I wear 12S or 12P but I'm not sure about the S/C...maybe I've just never paid attention...I just googled it too but probably got the same stuff you did...no help! It actually directed me back to this thread )
  • Almost positive it stands for Small/Chica - English/Spanish. I also often see size L/G - Large/Grande.

HTH!
  • Huh, well shoot, maybe they are Small/Short. I guess if they fit, they fit and it doesn't really matter! The Longs absolutely swamp my legs, but the Regulars and Smalls seem to be pretty darn close! If they are shorter, it can't be more than maybe an inch.

Random aside - My sizes of jeans aren't just getting smaller, it feels like they all around fit better too. On Thursday I wore a new pair to work and they felt snug and fitted but not uncomfortably tight anywhere, sitting down or standing up! It was a good feeling. In the past if they weren't baggy in the butt, they were too tight in the waist. No more!
  • Keep in mind jeans are cut in stacks of several layers of fabric. If you get the one at the bottom or the top, you can get a decent variation in the actual size no matter what the tag says. That's why you should always try on pants, even if you are getting another pair and you've already tried on one.
  • What does the S/C mean after the number size on a size tag?
    I believe the S/C stands for Short / Corto as "Corto" means short in Spanish
  • I know this is old but...
    S/C is short and curvy
    L/C is long and curvy