food on my mind

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I'm constantly thinking about food and always hungry. I've tried eating more veggies, more protein, and more complex carbs. It seems like no matter what I eat, I still feel like I'm hungry. Its terrible. I've tried every trick in the book, but nothing seems to help. I've drank enough water to make myself sick to try to curb the cravings. It drives me mad.
    Are you hungry as in your stomach feels empty or hungry as in you don't feel satisfied or hungry as in cravings?

I know the feeling so well
  • Quote: Are you hungry as in your stomach feels empty or hungry as in you don't feel satisfied or hungry as in cravings?
    I actually feel hunger, like my stomach is empty. Sometimes as shortly as an hour or two after a meal. I know I get more than enough fiber and I eat veggies with every meal (except breakfast sometimes). I do get cravings for sweets sometimes, but I generally just try to keep something like a fiber one brownie on hand for that kind of thing.
  • Ever since I can remember food was always the first thing on my mind. Like others have said, I look forward to my next meal and I often find myself depressed or upset when I know my next meal isn't as good as I hope.
  • me too!
    I think about food all the time too! It helps to keep a bottle of water or some chewing gum with me.
  • I thought I was the only one lol , I do this too and it's actually caused me to overeat for the past month just indulging in what I want and of course I've gained 20 pounds :/
  • i am thinking of ice cream, choco cakes right now...
  • when I sneeze, I know that it is time to stop. I sneeze when I've had enough. Other than that, I don't "feel" full per se.

The food on my mind? It's tomatoes. I have a craving for tomatoes right now.
    I'm... I'm weird!
  • All the time. And the longer it's been on my mind, the worse it gets.

My boyfriend, thinking I didn't like them and trying to be helpful, bought some fig cookie bars for himself recently. It was the second day of my diet, I was still craving sweets, and literally all I could think about for six hours was those damn cookie bars. I didn't even want to leave the bedroom because the closer I got to the kitchen, the more I thought about them. lol, it sounds so ridiculous, but it's true.
  • I also think about food 24/7 espeically what we're gonna have on Tuesdays cause thats the day we usually go to a sit down restraunt (sp) even after that day is over I start thinking about the next Tuesday, We also go get something off the dollar menu every Sat. but there are limited fast food places with a dollar menu here in Wichita so I dont really think about that day very much but I do Tuesdays.
  • Cutting carbs did wonders for curbing my food thoughts, now I only really obsess over food when I'm very hungry or having stomach problems. Unfortunately the latter is occurring now...
  • Yep. I think about food always. It never ends. Right now, I'm thinking about some boneless fried chicken from KFC, and dipping their biscuits into a big plate full of their mashed potatoes and gravy...wash it all down with spoon after spoon of their mac and cheese...oh my god, help me.