Dash Diet voted #1

• Quote:
    Obesity is an epidemic in the U.S. This condition is putting people at a higher risk for serious diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke and cancer, etc. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it is estimated that more than one-third of American adults (35.7 percent) and 17 percent (12.5 million) of American children and teens are clinically obese (CDC). Obesity is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more.
    It accounts for 10% of all health care cost in the US, over $147 billion on the average.
    The Dash diet was voted #1 for overall health 3 years in a row by annual survey of physicians and nutritionists [First Magazine]. Also US NEWS & WORLD REPORT

I am one of the Obese and struggle with weight loss and several health issues. I have done every diet you can name and I have lost and gain back more each time. Like so many others have looked for the magic bullet and ignored the real truth. I need to learn how to eat healthy and make a real life style change. It is so easy to put off things we find challenging and except the easy fix. But, sooner or later we must except the truth. I am OBESE and I need help. I need to understand why I am this way and how to fix it. So here I am again starting what I believe is an excellent diet. I did not say an easy diet plan, but one I feel I can handle. I am inviting anyone who wants to take this journey and hope we can keep each other strong and finally be one of the success stories. I can use your help and some Buddies, I will get all the foods required on phase 1 and get started. I will let you know how it goes. But please think about what Obesity is costing you and do something to get healthy. I am going to give it my best.
  • You might get responses if you moved this to the General Diet section. This is for low carb diets and the Dash Diet is not low carb.