Fastest to lose 5lbs #11 (IanG won last)

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • To the Wonderful person who PM'd me I am so sorry I cannot answer as it did not give me the choice... only to delete the message which I did not want to do. I will try and answer here as best as I can (note.. I have typed out 2 long answers that were exactly what I wanted to say and I hit the wrong key and they got deleted... So I will try my best on this 3rd attempt Funny how that mirrors this question ) So now I am saving as I am typing LOL learned my lesson! I think?!

You just need to do the best that you can do. You are not perfect, but you are trying your best to conquer a situation that is one of the hardest things in the world to do... Eat healthy and alittle less so that you can lose weight. Shoot we are humans and our whole body wants to "survive" and eating is surviving and eating less when there is ample food is a REALLY TOUGH thing to do.. But we need to do it. My thought and what I try my best to do is to start the day... knowing that just that day I am going to stay on plan and follow it the best that I can knowing that I am making a difference for myself. Make it thru that day. The next day wake up and say the same thing, that you are just going to do it for that day, that is it. Each day that you do this makes the next day just alittle easier and you won't have to battle as much. I got into that wonderful Autopilot way of losing weight where I really did not even think about it and just did it... Well I lost that control a month ago and myself, I am trying to get back to that (its alittle easier now that the Reese's Peanut Butter eggs are ALL GONE!). I liked not worrying and pondering about what I ate.... just ate the right things... But that autopilot took awhile. You can do it tho too I know you can.

Also... remember to Forgive yourself if you trip up... Gosh.. that just does happen. That is why we are human. We are just learning about ourselves and what we can do in this life. We are fallible but when that happens (just like an animal coughing up hairballs sorry I have cats, I still love them and forgive them and learn to forgive myself for my mistakes. Thats what makes us better people!

Another thing... is find something that is fun for you to be a part off.. Something that just takes your mind away like on a vacation but just while you are doing that "thing" I get that way when I read or drive somewhere (or going to Disney World) or just sewing... Find something that makes your soul sing. That activity or time with yourself lets you forget about want your body wants as you are making your heart and soul happy... being with friends and laughing when you think about giving in.... I also get encouraged when I encourage others... I just get happy knowing that maybe even 1 word might help that person some day and that makes my day.

All you can do is try. Not trying is not going forward and continuing being stagnant. Not trying (in my mind now) is knowing that 1 more day in my life I am heavier than I want to be. The scale is a piece of S**T you know.... It is just a number... ( I keep reminding myself that too every morning) I know that it feels like a reward when it shows us something new and "lower" but it is just a no (like our age LOL) its how you feel inside!

I hope that this helped alittle... I know it helps me... putting it in writing. to You! and I am here everyday!
  • I am gonna lock those pounds up for you Sue. I don't like troublemakers.

And great words Sue, even though they were not meant for me. They were very true and inspiring.

I am down 0.4lbs today. This journey is all about the 0.4s and the 0.6s.

So, it's the final five to ONE-derland. Just me and her now. Cage fight.

SW: 206.6lbs
    6/4: 206.2lbs
    6/5: 205.6lbs
    6/6: 206.2lbs
    6/7: 205.2lbs
    6/8: 204.8lbs
    GW: 201.6lbs
  • 06/03- 185
    06/05- 183.2
    06/07- 182
    GW= 180

DOwn three pounds although I'm afraid to weigh myself this morning, I feel super bloated after those hot wings last night

Sue thank you for your words of encouragement.. Ian watch out because we are giving you a run for your money!

Happy Saturday!
  • Off topic.. does anybody know how I can update my weight loss on my ticker?
  • SW 260
    CW 260 Still Patience.. that is my lesson of this week oh well it is what it is

GW 255 (PAAAALLLEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ I wanna!!!!)

Thank you IAN... I was hoping your masterfull skill with the zapping of lbs would work.. but mine are just using superglue I think LOL I am glad that your lbs are getting scared off as they don't want to meet that Onderland Lady no way.. they are getting outta town before that happens! You are a marvel!!! BUT

lash0rty is RIGHT THERE... Woo Hoo.. We have a contest here... Way to go !!! Hot wings... eh... just alittle pepper in the blood helps the heart while its working its way thru (ouch!) lololol GOOD for you!

and to edit your ticker and signature.. Click oj UserCp at top purple bar left... Then 1. Edit profile (for the stuff under your name) and then 2 edit signature (in the box)

I am thinking that I will be joining you two (and everyone else ) TOMORROW YES I DECREE that I WILL!!!!
  • Was up slightly this morning, but nothing to be upset about!
    Sw: 145.4
    6/4: 145.4
    6/5: 144.8
    6/6: 142.3
    6/8: 142.8
    Gw: 140.4

total: 2.6

Thank you for that wonderful message, Sue. I will use your advice each and every day - I think it's a great idea to challenge yourself each day but "just for that day". Makes it seem easier.
    I enjoy running, which I started initially to lose weight, then I become a bit obsessed, and joined a running club etc and for me running is a massive stress reliever and makes me seriously happy. I haven't trained properly for about 3 months. I ran my first half marathon at the end of March and since then I've become a bit lazy. But I've entered my next half marathon in Oct and going to be concentrating on that again, which will be me in my "happy space".

Anyway - time to look ahead and forgive ourselves for our mistakes and move on. No point in dwelling on our mistakes.
  • WooHoo Kate... even up alittle you are still ahead of our Sheriff IAN LOL ooohhh He has 2 lovely ladies to catch and try and beat!! (maybe 3 if I get a surprise tomorrow!!)

Running a half marathon... That is just such an "ultimate" goal... Not to many people in this world really can do that. I have never been able to run... just walk ( I was a swimmer in my younger days.. competitively). I know what you mean about being in the moment (in my head) while you run and I walk... I get into a meditative state and not even see my surroundings and just work things out in my head when I walk... It is amazing what you can think of and work out while you are ignoring your surroundings (and relying on your intuition for abnormal things in your path) Cool Beans!

Today WILL be a good day YEP! I believe it!
  • I'm determined to beat the Sheriff! I WILL do it!

I was just thinking that if I get to my goal weight within the next two to three months, not only would I be so ecstatic to finally be at goal, but I would still have about two months of training for my October half marathon at my goal weight. The smaller the runner is, the better! I would like to break 2 hours 10 minutes and my chances will be even better if I'm at goal.

Feeling so motivated right now. Looking forward to weighing tomorrow morning!
  • Kate You will do it !!!

Ian's a runner too... wonder if he is going to do a marathon??? hmmm competition here in running too maybe (bad Sue,. look what I am starting!!)
  • This sheriff is a mean loser.

I'd like to try a marathon one day. I'm not quite ready yet.
  • IAN I changed my profile too....

Marathon..... Well I bet you will be up for one IAN before end of summer.... shoot 13 miles will be a walk in the park for you really soon (thats a mini right?)

I will be on the sideline cheering you all on! (Not a runner here)
  • Thank you for your help Sue. I hope today was a good day for you.

Kate and Ian I admire you guys, I'm not a runner at all
  • Thanks lash0rty. You should give running a try. I started on a treadmill and then ventured outside.

Anyway, I nearly gave up on this one because Elvis left but Sue sent me a nice message. So I am back in.

And, I need to give some of you ladies a run for your money. And today, I will do just that.

Down 1.8lbs.

SW: 206.6lbs
    6/4: 206.2lbs
    6/5: 205.6lbs
    6/6: 206.2lbs
    6/7: 205.2lbs
    6/8: 204.8lbs
    6/9: 203.0lbs
    GW: 201.6lbs
  • SW 260
    CW 260 OH ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Still Patience.. that is my lesson of this week oh well it is what it is

GW 255 (PAAAALLLEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ I wanna!!!!)

Sorry Had to VENT... I mean COME ON!!!! argh.. Well if this is the 1 time that I (hated 4 letter word) Pl***AU in my journey.. then OK but it had better get over itself fast!!! I am on a mission!!! Anger has hit my heels and Determination has fired my Thyroid LOL (my temperature is up... so wondering if that is true?!) lol and going to a Real Estate Trade show in an hour (work on a Sunday? well guess I gotta) to try and get people to use our company/law firm... so that will give me the butterflies and cause stress (so drink water!!!)

IAN... Glad you too have decided.. your decission helped me with mine! and WoW WoW and WoW 3.6 down... oh GIRLS post your losses as Sheriff IAN is in the lead lololol

lashOrty... you are doing marvelous and glad I am on this journey with you

Kate.. Had a good day yesterday? I was good too!

Prettymom? Hanging in there? I hope you are having a good day....
  • Im back! Im embarrassed to admit tho that Im up 2 pounds. The stress of studying got to me this week and I jumped off the wagon...but Im back on again. The test is the 18th and then Im going on a beach vacation so Im aiming to lose 5 pounds by then!

I see that theres been quite a bit of success this week!! Thats great!

And sue, I hate the P word too but I bet that's whats going on. I had a two week period where I did everything right, and lost nothing, even went up and down a few times, and then bam, starting losing consistently again...until the next plateau hit Whenever I get frustrated about the lack of downward movement on the scale (or the upward movement as was the case this week), I think about where I was a few months ago, realize I weigh MUCH less than I did then, and then I feel better. Stay strong! The scale will move! I feel it!

SW: 201.5
    CW: 203.5 (whoops)
    GW: 196.5