Binge-free in June! Everyone welcome...We can do it!!!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • June has been a downward spiral for me.
    I was doing so well. I was working hard on the farm, eating well, losing weight, wasn't so food obsessed... Then I went home, and Bagels, Bread, Pasta, Cookies, etc. etc. etc.
    All I wanted when I was home was bread, and that's pretty much what I ate.
    When I got back from visiting home, my eating habits didn't return to how they were before going home, but they turned back to binging. I've been doing so terribly
    I've gained back the weight I lost, my face has broken out, and I feel awful!
    So, today is Day 1 again! I need to do this. I'm so sick of feeling so disappointed in myself for the night before, but then just doing it again. I'll probably be back tonight when I'm battling those post-dinner binge cravings. And I REFUSE to follow through on them this time!!!
  • June
    Hey Painted ponies - Don't be to discouraged. I understand you are seeing you results slip away but you are facing a challenge that most of us face. Its difficulty to just change your environment permanently- At least for me I am constantly around bad food/take out etc. and there is little I can do about it. I try to keep one day at a time mentality. The beginning of June was literally 50/50 for me...and eventually I burned out on it. I did binge yesterday but that was my first one in almost 5 days (yippee) and overall I am in the plus versus negative. I think that helps me (downplaying the mistakes) but I understand your frustration. If this was suppose to be easy I dont think half of us would be here!
  • This past week has not been good and I have regained a pound.
    BUT. I found out that the key to success is ALWAYS having the right foods on hand, because if I don't, I will just make absolutely terrible food decisions. And I also found out yesterday that if I eat even just a tiny amount of chocolate or candy I will be starving and miserable and have cravings for junk food all day.
    Back on plan I go...
  • Right now I feel like I'm having difficulty actually EATING, and when I do, it's total junk food. I haven't had anything to eat today, and I'm already planning some cheesecake for dinner. Ugh.

Here's for day one of making my dinner vegetables and chicken!
  • Quote: June has been a downward spiral for me.
    I was doing so well. I was working hard on the farm, eating well, losing weight, wasn't so food obsessed... Then I went home, and Bagels, Bread, Pasta, Cookies, etc. etc. etc.
    All I wanted when I was home was bread, and that's pretty much what I ate.
    When I got back from visiting home, my eating habits didn't return to how they were before going home, but they turned back to binging. I've been doing so terribly
    I've gained back the weight I lost, my face has broken out, and I feel awful!
    So, today is Day 1 again! I need to do this. I'm so sick of feeling so disappointed in myself for the night before, but then just doing it again. I'll probably be back tonight when I'm battling those post-dinner binge cravings. And I REFUSE to follow through on them this time!!!
    Downward spiral is right, just when I think I can't get any worse...today's my day one. I find my carb cravings are much worse when I'm tired, too tired to focus on anything else but food, sometimes I don't even notice I'm actually tired until I lay down but the cravings will be there. I'm going to work on getting 8hrs+ of sleep a night, there's no reason why I can't
  • Well, I finally feel like m back on track and in a good place. Two weeks and one day binge-free. Nowhere near my 19-week personal best, but making progress. Feeling once again like I can make a permanent lifestyle change by eating in moderation.

I had a big test on Tuesday. Two weeks ago, I was challenged to eat two donuts, the theory being that if I eat the foods I crave, I will not feel deprived and the cravings will disappear. Well, I tried and went on a binge. But I wanted to succeed, so I tried again and succeeded!

I have been pushing myself all week to eat what I want in moderation and have succeeded with little guilt. I hope to keep it up.
  • SkinnyGina- Thanks I know it's hard, it's just so frustrating when I think I'm finally recovered and am doing so well, and then I lose my footing. But food addiction is like any other addiction, and relapse is part of recovery. I just finished Day 3's breakfast. I have my lunch packed for work, and will go swimming after I'm done, so it'll be a good day. We're having someone over, too, so having a guest will make sure I don't binge today.
    The weekend will be a challenge. I just need to find ways to spend time!

KittyKatFan- Nice! I'm still working on baking breads and cupcakes that don't disappear within 24 hours

Good luck everyone
  • How is everyone doing?

Sleep really seems to help, much easier to overcome cravings when you're fully charged mentally. Can't wait to go to bed tonight, haha. Day 2 and I've either lost a bit or broke even. Tonight I got hungry (maintaining all of my post binge self takes a lot of calories) and had an extra can of tuna and some grapes, which is just fine, still 2 good days in my book. 2-3 days in I always feel like I'll never binge again, like it's just a crazy thought that I'll ever be in that state of mind again and then before I know it...This time I feel the same way but I guess there's nothing I can do but wait out the false sense of security until the tough part comes in about 5 days...
  • Hey Granola- hmm well I had a mediocre month being Binge free but keep exercising so there is something positive. This last week was just bad 3/7 days binged. Now I an trying to reset so here I go day 1- and hopefully it will lead right into July.
  • it's the last day of june so let's try our hardest to enter new month with positive energy.
    lately i've been doing ok, i don't know what's up with saturdays but i always end up overeating on saturdays evening.
    i've been working out almost every day to get some muscles and i must say i've become quite addicted to squats lol
    this week i lost maybe 1 pound but i really want to gain some muscles.
    i have 7 weeks to loose 7 kg (about 18 pounds?) and i'm not giving up.
  • I had a great week up until this morning which was the worst in a while, this week has been so easy too, I gave up bread/rice/corn carbs and my cravings dropped to almost zero. I felt great.

It's not even 3pm and I've eaten somewhere between...well does it even matter? I ate a lot. I can't remember the last time I ate so much that chocolate stopped tasting good. I feel kinda sick and suddenly have an earache, something about Sunday I just don't care, I need a non food related itinerary for next Sunday.