June Golden Girls

You're on Page 12 of 12
Go to
  • Hi everyone. cloudy and windy cold here today. i had to be at the dr office at 8am for blood work. i have an apt to see my family dr on monday to get cat scan set up and see how im going to eat less than i do now and still stay nutrionally sound. no surg date yet,that will be up to the ins company. i want this so badly but some what nervous after talking to the plastic surg. i guess in my case i didnt know how involved it will be. anyways im going for it and have all of you and family as my cheering section. we went shopping after my blood tests. always a challenge with mr cranky who is really steamed as his apt yesterday in anch was cancelled becus he flew up there an took a taxi to the clinic. they wouldnt do the procedure if he was going to use a taxi. they said he needed to be released to a friend or family member so he asked if he could call our sil who works in anch and they said no you are cancelled. thats the 2nd time we have spent money we dont have to go to anch for this and they cancelled him. cant blame him for being mad. hes going to be referred to another dr.. sheesh who knew all these rules we didnt and they didnt tell us when we spoke to them of how he was coming there about these rules not much else going on, im working on the cp dolls and making clothes for them. if i can get my puter to co-operate i try and post pictures. my puter has been acting up. a real pain in the you know where. finally got it to work after running cleaning scans,deleting cookies, etc. except it will not work in face book,it just freezes after scrolling for a 2nd or 2 and the only way to get it back is to shut the puter off. anyone have asuggestion would be helpful. anyways hope your evenings peaceful. ttfn rosey

breakfast
    nada fasting for blood test
    ugh no coffee wahahaha

lunch
    coffee
    eggs and ham

snack
    coffee mocha smoothie
    bacon flavored micro pop corn ( its really good)

dinner
    meat loaf
    brocallii cole slaw
  • Dh went fishing again. Think this is the last week of regular salmon fishing (he was hoping to get a Chinook but didn't) and then it will be time for steelhead. He used to catch so many but for some reason the last several years now we has rarely caught any. He does enjoy his time out there though. I have been puttering around the house as usual. Cleaned out my bathtub...have been forgetting that. Did the daily budgeting so everything updated. Have a load of laundry in and one more to go, daily cleaning done. I slept in (no gym again) and have been pretty slow moving again today. Didn't even weigh myself! But I am trying to be careful with my eating so far.

Another challenge for me is to remember to test my bs...even after about 5 years as a diabetic!! I have the testing meter on the table where I eat, doesn't help, I start eating before I think. I also forget to take my meds every now and then...You'd think it would all be second nature to me! I have the meds in little cases, one for am and one for pm and they are right in front of me on the counter where I get my food together. I've tried having them on the table...didn't help. Today I actually remembered to test and it was high, then I realized I'd forgotten to take my meds! Grrr...today I put a sign on my fridge to remind me of both these things. I've done it before though and it didn't help. I get used to it being there I guess and don't even see it after a while. I even have an alert on my phone and it goes off TWICE but I still can forget by the time I get into the kitchen! Maybe I should set it to keep going off every 5 min or something...

Breakfast was my pb mocha made with almond milk and 1/2 banana
    lunch (2 hours later) was a beef and bean burrito and other 1/2 banana
    dinner will be Asian Chicken, some kind of veggie, and rice. I usually only have 1/3-1/2 c rice.

No time for personals today but hope you have a great day!!
  • Mary try putting your meds in the bathroom with a cup by the sink where you brush your teeth. I had to do this for my dh. He kept forgetting. It worked for him.
    Cajun
  • We decided to go out to eat so didn't eat the chicken I'd planned. I have it marinating for tomorrow night.

Cajun - Putting my meds in the bathroom might help with breakfast since I usually brush my teeth right after breakfast but I am suppose to take them with food and I usually don't brush my teeth again until bedtime. That's why I keep them in the kitchen. (I do have others that I keep in the bathroom as they don't have to be taken with meals) Of course if I also developed the good habit of brushing right after dinner it might work but making good habits doesn't seem so easy for me these days. Guess I'm the old dog who can't learn new tricks?... I have a friend who brushes his teeth right after dinner and that keeps him from eating in the evening. I've tried it and it didn't work...I ate anyway... Tonight I took my meds with me to the restaurant intending to take them there, but I just remembered them as I am typing this post so better go take them now....
  • Mary, would it help maybe to wear some rubberbands on your wrist. One for each time you need to take the meds. Maybe seeing those would remind you. Take one off each time you are done, and when they are all off ~ you would know that you were done for the day.

Or, could your kids call and remind you or a friend or something?

Hope you find something that helps.
  • Hi all.....darn don't you just hate it when the weatherman is right. They said we'd get am boomers and the East coast will get the afternoon thunder squalls.....it is now afternoon and the storms keep rolling in. I needed gas and almost got blown off my feet with the wind. Neighbors had sod planted Thursday and left for Alabama for ages. Asked DH to turn on the sprinklers twice a day. DH looks up from his coffee mug and says sorry not today again. The neighbor suggested that DH would over water the darn lawn and it would get moldy. Can't blame DH on the rain. Mind you this is for free! DH also had to charge the fool's boat and help load in for marine sellers using our equipment????? Just hope who ever buys the house is nicer! ooops Norton decided to install update....BBL
  • Well I'm back...Things have been so nasty on the internet I didn't want to not download an up date. Including this site.

Bobbi....how did the garage sale go? Did you have decent weather? Gosh girl we miss you.

Gayle....Are you feeling any better?

Cajun....It is Saturday evening and I am watching you!

Rosey...Things aren't gonna get better with the new health care, so I think you are very wise getting your surgery etc started now.

Mary....Not on the refrig In the refrig!

Made German potato salad tonight used Splenda instead of sugar and low fat bacon. Yum! Had tomatoes sliced with lime basil vinegarette and brats. DH is a happy man. Guess what we're having tomorrow night?

Finished the latest jigsaw puzzle and need to pick it up and start a new one. It is delightful to sit on the lanai with the fan blowing listening to the rain on the tin roof. There is an anhinjua (sp?) which is kind a a cross between a heron and turkey buzzard who dives off our boat after mullet and squarks between dives. The turtles are mating and swimming around looking like 2 headed turtles and the gators roar for mates. Who needs the animal channel?

My new rose bush has at least 50 blooms and my gardenia is happy and has all new leaves and huge buds. 1st bloom opened today. Can you believe it is planted outside. I grew up with them as house plants. DH wants to go get another rose bush. k3
  • Hi everyone another quiet day. did some typing for my dh,then we went to get the mail and stopped at a few garage sales. i got a few more cabbage patch dolls in the mail. good buys under 5 $ a piece and free shipping and in good shape too. right now im gorking. am still a bit tired from the week of getting up early and rounds of dr apt's for me and dh. have another one monday am to get the results of my labs and to set up a cat scan for my hernia i had no idea i had. weird,youd think i'd have felt something..yes im glad to get this going k3. a little apprehensive when you hear all the bad stuff that COULD happen but not scared enuff to not go thru withit. it seems pepper is rerally frisky about midnight. steve tied a toy on a long rope from the main log beam and she loves to tug on it then gets in a running fit around the living room in circles behind the couch and around with her eyes wild and tongue hanging out so much fun to watch and the other 3 dogs watch too and their expression is "are you nuts,really) i love my dogs.hoping you all are having a peaceful weekend. k3 your lanai (is that like my decK?) sounds like such a lovely spot to gork,your description is so clear i can see and smell the flowers ttfn rosey
  • Rosey...in Florida they call back porches lanais...this one is screened in off the pool which is also caged(screened) because of bugs and critters. There is a story of a gator coming thru a doggie door every once in awhile. Phew besides biting you they smell like what they eat which always old and rotten. There was a 10 footer in the yard who had climbed up the seawall steps. I have 2 little genkos (lizards), that no matter how many time DH chases them out, hang out with me watching the puzzle. They sit and puff up their red throats. k3
  • K3...thanks for starting the group since I've been too busy. I'll put the July thread up with the poem.
    Our rummage sale went so-so. It was raining off and on all day.
    We did get rid of lots of large pieces of furniture, made about $600.00. It'll help pay for the new floor we're putting in the loft next week.
  • K3...forgot to tell you, tonight you can close the June thread by scrolling down after you post, close the thread. Close it before you push the submit button.
    It's the very bottom box that says, close this thread after you submit your reply or something like that.
  • Bobbi is back and July is started

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED