I am SOOO proud of myself...

• Well Ladies...

Last night, I was very upset when I attempted Pilates and couldn't really do it...Found that I don't have enough strength yet..

BUT, instead of getting upset and giving up, I went for a 1/2 hour walk. YAY!

And, for months now, I've been saying that I will get up and go to the gym in the morning and I never have...but THIS morning..I got up, went to the gym (20 mins cardio and abs)...then got ready and went to work...

Big accomplishment for myself!!! There's no stopping me now...
    I will get into a size 12 eventually or even 14 is good for me...
    And this xmas... I will be buying a whole new wardrobe of clothes I want to buy!!

YAY!

Cheers!
    Celina
  • Hey congrats! You did goooood. My experience with pilates was similarly disheartening at first. Actually, I nearly had to be physically restrained from tossing my TV out the window...

In any case, I made a challenge to myself to do it 5 times a week for 3 months. If I still couldn't do it, or I still hated it at the end of that time period, THEN I would quit. But you know what? After 3 weeks, it got easier. And I saw results. I actually enjoy it now. So keep working on it, just do what you can. Keep working those muscles and pretty soon you WILL be strong enough to do it!

• Hi Celina,

It is great that you exercised!

I know just what you mean about Pilates. I bought Pilates for Dummies, stuck in the tape, and said "my body can't do any of those things." Even when they showed "modifications" I had visions of throwing my back out and limping into the chiropractor. I think I'll stick with aerobics and strength training for now. The disheartening thing is my sixty eight year old mother takes Pilates classes-makes me feel even more hopeless!

Take care,
    Sherry
  • Hey Celina -
    that is so great that instead of throwing in the towel you went for a walk instead.

Way to not let things get you down and "unmotivate" you
  • Sherry - That's the tape I bought too..Pilates for Dummies... (more like Pilates for people in shape)... God I had to get my boyfriend to help me up in one of the positions... Oh well, im sure I'll get to the point where I'll be strong enough to do it!! I have to stay positive!
  • That is great, Good for you Keep up the GREAT work
  • Pilaties for Dummies is the one I got after I started with the Winsor one. And trust me, I was NOT in shape!!! Well, I'm still not, but ... I'm .. closer. And you CAN do it, you just have to NOT give up, and insist that you keep trying. I figure if *I* can do that stuff, anyone can!!
  • I just got the Denis Auston pilates for everybody last night and i was quite surprised i could do most of the exercises. It didnt require me to contort into any odd shapes. Walking is great and i am sure if you keep trying the pilates you will get better.
  • I'm dying to try Pilates, but I really really really can't stand Denise Austin. She's so ANNOYING!!! Do you really like the tape a lot? Maybe I could tolerate her if the tape is really worth it!
  • that is awesome! i have winsor pilates and it's pretty tough! i don't do it more than once a week, or every TWO weeks!
  • The Denis Auston pilates was the only pilates video that our small walmart carried so i had no other choice. But the only really annoying thing i found was she talked like she had taken a bottle of tranquilizers and smiled the whole time LOL. From the sounds this tape is better for beginners than others or maybe i just expected it to be harder. BUT OH AM I SORE TODAY! I didnt really feel it too bad yesterday but today i feel it ALOT